Gentle tipped to leave Hull

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once the WC is over a certain Brian Smith will be looking for a job.

That would be great as far as I'm concerned.

The guy is the biggest loser in RL!

All the great teams he has had and coached and the amount of trophies won is ......................... None! The guy could be 50 nil up at half time in a cup final with the oppostion down to 11 men, and I would still back him to find a way to lose.

Just met with Radford at the KC on the Walk Against Cancer for the Steve Prescott Foundation. He's in good spirits.

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal. ~ Oscar Wilde

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Wow. That's real kneejerk stuff. Good luck to him I suppose.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Nice to see another English coach getting a head coach role in superleague. How many is that now, 9 teams?

I'll reserve how "nice" it is till the end of next season!  :drag:

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

Not having read the entire thread I do not know if this has been stated already but here goes.

I was utterly critical of Agar when at Hull has his teams alway's seemed to underperform considering the personel they had, but Gentle has had better to utilise and still not done any better, on the contrary he has plumbed new depths. 

Under this coach Hull are at best very poor and at worst a laughing stock, they are quite simply deplorable and a poor, very poor example of a Rugby League team. 

The coach when things go right gets and deserves the accolades, when they go as disastrously wrong as at Hull presently then the coach has to take and probably also deserves the stick, along with that the sack as well.

Gentle will not be able to resurrect this club now it has passed beyond him and frankly does not deserve the chance to be allowed to either.

If like it has been stated in an earlier post that Paul Cooke is to have some position at Hull FC, will he still be head coach at Doncaster and do both jobs or will it mean he can only do one or the other?.

No mention of him in the press release.

I hope that means there's no place for him in the new structure. He should never be allowed anywhere near the club again.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Not having read the entire thread I do not know if this has been stated already but here goes.

I was utterly critical of Agar when at Hull has his teams alway's seemed to underperform considering the personel they had, but Gentle has had better to utilise and still not done any better, on the contrary he has plumbed new depths.

How have they plumbed new depths under Gentle? He has gotten them to 6th two seasons from two, and one CC Final, as well as two play off wins.

Agar got to a Cup Final in a year they finished 11th, then they finished 12th. He got them up to 6th (where Gentle got them twice) after a big spending spree, then back down to 8th. No play off wins. No CC wins against a SL side since the 2008 cup run.

Like it or not, Gentle moved the club forwards. However, he also had the advantage of a more ambitious owner who put more into the junior development side of things than the Hetheringtons.

Under this coach Hull are at best very poor and at worst a laughing stock, they are quite simply deplorable and a poor, very poor example of a Rugby League team.

What does that make of the rest of SL that finished below them?

The coach when things go right gets and deserves the accolades, when they go as disastrously wrong as at Hull presently then the coach has to take and probably also deserves the stick, along with that the sack as well.

Up until the play off game, many Hull fans would probably have been happy with Gentle to stay. Yeah, there had been disappointing results but there'd also been some great results. However, the inconsistency was always a worry, and the manor of the play off defeat left his position untenable.

Gentle will not be able to resurrect this club now it has passed beyond him and frankly does not deserve the chance to be allowed to either.

All I want to know is how it went so wrong so quickly. Great results in May, including a derby win (which was the poorest showing), a fantastic away win at Wire and domination of Leeds at home. After that, we got battered in France and then lost a further 4 league games on the trot in the last 5 minutes. Maybe you could say that was unlucky, and with the great semi win, the destruction of Widnes and the derby win, you'd be forgiven for thinking we'd got things back on track. People had Hull as favourites to win the Cup after all. Some people of short memories.

He season hasn't been a disaster. It's been a fairly good season. It's just that there's been two very high profile nightmare performances that have overshadowed the entire season. What happened to make what had been an in-form team perform so appallingly and gutlessly?

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Have I heard right, Adam Pearson has given Radford a THREE year contract?

Glad it's not my money he's spending. As I said earlier, give him a year to see what he can do by all means, anything more than that is just daft.

Have I heard right, Adam Pearson has given Radford a THREE year contract?

Glad it's not my money he's spending. As I said earlier, give him a year to see what he can do by all means, anything more than that is just daft.

And it'll be topped up by two years if you beat Rervers on Good Friday.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

And it'll be topped up by two years if you beat Rervers on Good Friday.

Richly deserved in that case.

I must admit I have only read the last page of this thread so I'm unsure if anyone else has already mentioned this but Peter Gentle gets sacked on the back of Hull FC shipping 76 points last week and to remedy that they appoint the man who was the defensive coach when they shipped those 76 points as head coach. Great decision that ;-)

I must admit I have only read the last page of this thread so I'm unsure if anyone else has already mentioned this but Peter Gentle gets sacked on the back of Hull FC shipping 76 points last week and to remedy that they appoint the man who was the defensive coach when they shipped those 76 points as head coach. Great decision that ;-)

Welcome to the crazy world of Hull FC.

rldfsignature.jpg