London game

andyram

Excellent performance from the boys today,this was against a very strong London team that played us today,hope Godwin is ok,he didn't look too happy as he went down the tunnel after coming off.Not bad attendance today,751

strong all round performance today and the lads looked well organised and efficient with a fiair bit of flair . i thought london had little to offer in attack except for effort and they never really looked a danger , the try came while we were down a man . For my money at the moment hemingway is the form player at hooker and wogga has to find his best form to displace him .Im not sure what my best starting line up would be apart from about 8 places i think the rest are up for grabs . its going to be an interesting season and i hope we stay reasonably injury free  .I was amused to see Haggerty acting the peacekeeper on a couple of occasions .shame im going to be forced to miss the sheffield game through surgery but i will be there in spirit .

strong all round performance today and the lads looked well organised and efficient with a fiair bit of flair . i thought london had little to offer in attack except for effort and they never really looked a danger , the try came while we were down a man . For my money at the moment hemingway is the form player at hooker and wogga has to find his best form to displace him .Im not sure what my best starting line up would be apart from about 8 places i think the rest are up for grabs . its going to be an interesting season and i hope we stay reasonably injury free  .I was amused to see Haggerty acting the peacekeeper on a couple of occasions .shame im going to be forced to miss the sheffield game through surgery but i will be there in spirit .

Hope all goes well

guest from down under, on 01 Feb 2015 - 6:11 PM, said:

The tries by Brown and Grant were worth the admission money alone. Disappointed that one or two South standers were still having a go at Pricey. OK, he doesn't run the ball out like Billy Slater, but he is safe as houses under the bomb (think the chasers slow down a bit rather than trying to clatter a six seven twenty stoner), he doesn't miss many tackles, and he always seems to get to the ball - and he doesn't often get rounded, unlike a certain former SL fullback, whose contribution today appeared to be as referees assistant. Still think we look better with Hyde on. wildie still to prove himself as a stand off, but I reckon todays team doesn't deserve much tinkering with. When Crookes ran on I thought we'd got Tommy G back, but he showed touches of class that auger well when he gets fit.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

This was a fine performance from Dewsbury; the style of play varied and we weren't short of flair either. Brown's try was good, but Dalton's was something else. It's great for us to have a winger who can not only run, but can dodge and change direction as he did today.

London produced little, but if that's mainly their first team then they have something to work on. Conversely they may have seen this as simply a workout and things might be different once the season gets under way.

I have to say that I couldn't understand some of referee Crashley's decisions. I will make mention of only one: we bundled a London player into touch, yet they were given head and feed. Can someone explain that?

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Yes it was their entire full-time 1st team squad,we played really well,as for London they need to improve big style,looks like Rhys Lovegrove is stopping in this country for one final pay day,what a waste of space he is!!

"Today we got beaten by the environment and conditions" London Coach

So there you have it nothing to do with the Dewsbury team :onthequiet:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

"Today we got beaten by the environment and conditions" London Coach

So there you have it nothing to do with the Dewsbury team :onthequiet:

Grimma has got a point, it must be difficult to adjust to high altitude grounds like the Tetley's, what with the low oxygen levels and all - and of course it's a good top coat colder in Yorkshire than it is in London. Must have come as a huge shock to the likes of Mathers and Helliwell. :angel:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

It was a friendly. A very welcome result but inconsequential in reality (just like Boxing Day in fact). The real thing begins on the 13th.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

strong all round performance today and the lads looked well organised and efficient with a fiair bit of flair . i thought london had little to offer in attack except for effort and they never really looked a danger , the try came while we were down a man . For my money at the moment hemingway is the form player at hooker and wogga has to find his best form to displace him .Im not sure what my best starting line up would be apart from about 8 places i think the rest are up for grabs . its going to be an interesting season and i hope we stay reasonably injury free .I was amused to see Haggerty acting the peacekeeper on a couple of occasions .shame im going to be forced to miss the sheffield game through surgery but i will be there in spirit .

Hopefully the removal of the pound coin from your wallet will be under anaesthetic ;) good luck mate :)

Good Luck with the Op GFDU. Hope all goes well & you are up & round quickly.

Archived