Alex Simmons and Rugby A M

What's everyone's opinion on Alex Simmons and his show?

I personally think he is doing a great job and should be given a job by Sky, he has great enthusiasm for game and brings a lot of fun to presenting. He tries to get across the personalities of the players, involves ex players such as Gary Schofield and Dean Sampson and gets involved with the grass roots and amateur teams.

He really is doing an excellent job and I for one look forward to watching his show every week now

I know its sounds like he has paid me to say this but I can assure everyone i've never met him ha, I just think he has a lot to add to Rugby League

I think the format for a low budget production is excellent. Simmons isn't a pro like most tv presenters but look at what we have already anyway. He has a lot of passion and I like him for it. If he gets a job at Sky he won't do bad and it'd be well deserved. He could be good for the game.

SIGNATURE

I think the format for a low budget production is excellent. Simmons isn't a pro like most tv presenters but look at what we have already anyway. He has a lot of passion and I like him for it. If he gets a job at Sky he won't do bad and it'd be well deserved. He could be good for the game.

Simmonds is OK but so long as he leaves JJB and his wife at home

He's as likely to get a job at SKY as Ed Miliband.. my big issue with what they do on Rugby AM is that it is just a blatant rip off of the footy show in Australia. No attempt at creating a rugby league based TV show, just an attempt at replicating one from over seas, which in my opinion is just poor and just shows a complete lack of creativity.

He's clearly a big RL fan, and good on him for trying to push the game, but he's someone that should spend his time behind the camera and not in front of it. Sit down and have a think about what could be a good direction for a TV show, ignoring whats currently out there, and work from there.

maybe im in the minority though.. some people clearly enjoy what they do.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

I have to salute their effort and enthusiasm. Lets face it, there is room for a professionally made RL magazine programme but it ain't happening from the professionals. Is it better than the SLS. Yes in places it really is some great guest interviews genuine fun and familiarity with RL. Is it low brow and a bit adolescent, yes and  the overwhelming Yerkshir accents are uncomfortable on the ear.  Do I enjoy the look of ill fitting suits, no I do not. but Lauren Walker and their use of the word "Rugby" makes up for all of that.

I have to salute their effort and enthusiasm. Lets face it, there is room for a professionally made RL magazine programme but it ain't happening from the professionals. Is it better than the SLS. Yes in places it really is some great guest interviews genuine fun and familiarity with RL. Is it low brow and a bit adolescent, yes and  the overwhelming Yerkshir accents are uncomfortable on the ear.  Do I enjoy the look of ill fitting suits, no I do not. but Lauren Walker and their use of the word "Rugby" makes up for all of that.

It was Chev Walkers wife i meant when referring to JJB's wife, easy on the eye maybe but shes no Christine Bleakley on the presenting front.

Cringeworthy! It's like students union stuff - only less outward looking and with less potential. I couldn't stop thinking about Soccer AM's "Yorkshire News" when I saw the first one. Haven't bothered since.

Good on em i say...........defo rough round the edges but with a little more financial backing i think it could be improved into a pretty good show.

They could all do with a bit of media training but at least they are trying to do something positive for the Sport..........i'd rather watch Rugby AM than 4 day old highlights on the SLS.

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

I think they do a good job, he started the whole thing off by himself and out of his garden shed. He clearly loves the game and shows a side of the players we never get to see through Sky's presentation of the game.

I like JJB he is a character. 

Another thing I really like is how they cover the whole game not just the Super League clubs. I can only see them improving as the show continues and I just hope the people in charge of the game get Simmons involved more, he met up with Alan Shearer a couple of weeks ago and then went to a schools tournament in Leeds, he really is putting in the work for the game

He's also producing a magazine for the magic weekend which looks much better designed than anything else i've seen in UK RL  :ph34r:

It's easy to scoff at people trying to create something different..........with a little media training and a budget it could easily be turned into something like Soccer AM on sky.

I wish him luck....i bet he feels like he's banging his head against a brick wall sometimes.

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

It's easy to scoff at people trying to create something different...........

It's fun too. ;)

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

its not really different though is it?.. he's just lifted the bits he likes from the Footy show and plonked them in Yorkshire.. 

Good ideas don't cost anything.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

• 2 months later...

awful!

credit to him for trying to boost the profile etc but i just find it tacky, amateurish and cringeworthy to be honest

it's like messing about with your mates when you've had a few too many pints and recording it

and it's called rugby AM but yet it's shown on an evening as far as i'm aware? obviously soccer AM worked cos it was on in the AM .. :wizard:

and it's called rugby AM but yet it's shown on an evening as far as i'm aware? obviously soccer AM worked cos it was on in the AM .. :wizard:

I think it's because it started on AM radio - not sure if that's why they have a similar logo to Soccer AM though!

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

Archived