Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
John Drake

Labour leadership contest

Which of the candidates would make you more likely to vote Labour if they win the leadership?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the candidates would make you more likely to vote Labour if they win the leadership?

• Andy Burnham
    • Yvette Cooper
    • Jeremy Corbyn
    • Liz Kendall
    • I would never vote Labour
  2. 2. Did you vote Labour in the 2015 General Election?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do you have a vote in the Labour leadership election?

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. Who would you vote for in the Labour leadership election?

• Andy Burnham
    • Yvette Cooper
    • Jeremy Corbyn
    • Liz Kendall

I think McDonnell is a total liability and I would no more want him running the country's finances than I want Gideon in charge.

I also think quoting one line without the line that follows it - when both come from the same page on wikipedia - is pretty shoddy.

Come off it. We've had weeks of "Corbyn says Bin Laden's death was tragic" when we all know that he actually said it was tragic he'd been killed instead of being tried. Just this lunchtime the BBC again repeated that nonsense on the Daily Politics.

There is no place for nuance, there is no place for explanation.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

28000 new members since Saturday.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

You are the one making the unnamed majority within the media is. Empowered Rupert? What the hell does that actually mean? Did you not see Ed posing with The Sun?

Your comparison of the BBC to Fox News is hilarious, are you for real? Have you wiped the work of Alastair Campbell from your memory banks?

Did you see the front page of the Mail this morning, about the trades unions' plans to conspire to oust Cameron and put Corbyn in?  This is what will become the norm for British journalism.   Similar story on the front page of the Sun.  The press in this country are so biased it's untrue.  Campbell has been called many names, but he was merely fighting back against the dreadful bias in our media.  He knew all the tricks and turned them against the press and they hated him for it.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

ON BBC News just now. McDonnell saying, "Assassinate Thatcher."

He apologised afterwards and said he was only joking. But TBH I agree with him.  She was the worst thing that ever happened to our country.  

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

It's hard to believe that someone with those views, who speaks about 'Britain' as though it is an enemy state, is now the Shadow Chancellor.

Yes it is.

But if only the same scrutiny were applied to the likes of Boris Johnson, who may well end up our next PM without the electorate even having a say on the matter.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/in-one-article-boris-manages-to-offend-an-entire-city-shy-and-his-boss-6159847.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/london-mayor-election/mayor-of-london/10909094/Boris-Johnsons-top-50-quotes.html

Outrage at political stupidity or offensiveness is often incredibly selective.

Yes it is.

But if only the same scrutiny were applied to the likes of Boris Johnson, who may well end up our next PM without the electorate even having a say on the matter.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/in-one-article-boris-manages-to-offend-an-entire-city-shy-and-his-boss-6159847.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/london-mayor-election/mayor-of-london/10909094/Boris-Johnsons-top-50-quotes.html

Writing a foolish article about the city of Liverpool is hardly on the same scale in terms of political extremism as coming out in support of the IRA and explicitly praising their bombing campaign.

Hes a total T****r as is Cameron ............He said he would appoint nearly 50% women to his shadow cabinet ........eeeerrr , and di you see him on Sky News when asked a simple question he just carried on walking and nearly cried out to plod HELP ME.....does he think as The Leader of the Labour Party he is NOT going to be asked any questions by any of the Press ??? ( let alone his Labour M.P.s and Ther General Public) and to top it all when asked in the debates he said he could not think of ANY possiblity he would EVER call for the USE OF BRITISH TROOP, none whatsoever ........Hes an Utter Aresh*** and im a lifelong Labour voter ,

We now have a choice of TWO Absolute Idiots ,,,,,,,, I GIVE UP .......he will lose Labour 5 to 6 miliion votes

Edited by Roughyedz

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

Writing a foolish article about the city of Liverpool is hardly on the same scale in terms of political extremism as coming out in support of the IRA and explicitly praising their bombing campaign.

Boris (Conservative) is merely 'foolish' while McDonnell (Labour) is an enemy of the state. Hmmm...

The point remains that the country could well end up with a fool as a PM if the Tory Party (not the country) chooses him as its next leader when Cameron steps down. Whereas it is highly unlikely McDonnell will ever be more than a Shadow minister with no actual power.

Who is the real threat here?

Oh, please. Why do people fall for these fabricated pronouncements?  Is that on top of the huge number that allegedly joined to vote? The Lib Dems used the same ploy post election, but where have they been heard of since Farron took over?

The Tory bounce must have been huge considering they actually won in May?

Boris (Conservative) is merely 'foolish' while McDonnell (Labour) is an enemy of the state. Hmmm...

The point remains that the country could well end up with a fool as a PM if the Tory Party (not the country) chooses him as its next leader when Cameron steps down. Whereas it is highly unlikely McDonnell will ever be more than a Shadow minister with no actual power.

Who is the real threat here?

Oh come on.  Johnson may come up with some eccentric personal quotes and gaffes, but he certainly doesn't belong in the same policy and belief sphere of some of these absolute loons.

McDonnell is clueless. You don't solve the problems he says exist because of capitalism by stimulating debate.  You solve them by policy, but he is bereft of them.  Apart from tax big business and build houses ( Is that a stock phrase from the party that didn't tax big business and crashed the economy via a housing bubble?).  You don't do that by holding coffee mornings and canvassing opinion!!

The weasel words on the IRA are typical two faced liar politics.

Edited by PCarter

That's spin? Really Dennis, where have you been in the last 30 years!

' Hasn't been approached and said he won't take a job. A line he has held consistently'  pretty much says it as it is.

The ranty old man of the left actually moved from his shouty corner in the Commons to grandstand over absolutely nothing outside for once!  The victim mentality is alive and well and clearly living in the 1970's and 1940's.

Absolute desperation.

Edited by PCarter

Did you see the front page of the Mail this morning, about the trades unions' plans to conspire to oust Cameron and put Corbyn in?  This is what will become the norm for British journalism.   Similar story on the front page of the Sun.  The press in this country are so biased it's untrue.  Campbell has been called many names, but he was merely fighting back against the dreadful bias in our media.  He knew all the tricks and turned them against the press and they hated him for it.

Get a grip man!!  Are you unaware of such things as the internet and the mind boggling number of sources and platforms for news that exist?  The press? You name two tabloids as if they are omnipresent and the only deliverers of content.  Honestly.  You didn't see the picture of Ed posing with The Sun?

Who hated Campbell?

Yes it is.

Did anyone have a say in Gordon Brown becoming PM? The country had to wait for the next general election before it had it's say on him.

CO36WmRW8AE4K7z.jpg

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Obliviously the Russians don't do irony. Don't think we will be taking lessons in democracy from them any time ever.

http://news.yahoo.com/russia-votes-local-polls-opposition-claims-mass-fraud-174102110.html

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

So what? Hundreds of thousands of non members paid £3 to vote for your Mr Chuckles.

In any case, four million people buy the Sun, yet it doesnt make them right..

Edited by JohnM

Four legs good - two legs bad

21395977726_afc781589f_b.jpg

youve been rummaging in the bins a Transport House again? The Guardian and Independent carried the same stories in very similar ways.

Four legs good - two legs bad

So what? Hundreds of thousands of non members paid £3 to vote for your Mr Chuckles.

In any case, four million people buy the Sun, yet it doesnt make them right..

In terms of mainstream party memberships, its a pretty good increase in a short period of time.  It also shows that some people do like corbyn.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Don't think we will be taking lessons in democracy from them any time ever.

Nope, but it did make me chuckle.  It's really only Ukip that have a chubby for Putin.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)