Squad to face Halifax

gillmeister

Very easy to say who is the poorest at the moment, just look at the league table......you and Donny the bottom two, as you say there is a long way to go before we find out who is the poorest, but at this present time it's you and Donny so where's the argument ?

based on fixtures played ,games won and against who, fixtures left to play would you rather have yours or our remaining fixtures??

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

based on fixtures played ,games won and against who, fixtures left to play would you rather have yours or our remaining fixtures??

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..................................

We get it, you think you will finish above us, and yes you have the easier

looking fixtures.  There is that better, now can you 0121?  ;)

Tedious arguments are tedious.  Its where teams finish at the end of the

super 8 that really matters, lets wait and see shall we.

Are we both comparing the same fixture lists I would say Hunslet have the easier run in. Which fixtures do you think Workington and Hunslet could or will pick points up.

Lets be honest not many Hunslet fans would have said before the game they were expecting to win.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Well you have away games with Haven, London, Leigh, Doncaster and Batley and home games with Halifax, Bulls, Feb and Town. Tell us how many wins you will have from them?

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

When you see that you can't help thinking we'd be almost home and dry had we beaten Hunslet and Batley at home.

yep and you can throw dewsbury into that. There a good side but given the mid week game and them missing a few that should have been 2 points.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Rather have our points and points difference, as Toplad says, this is a very tedious argument, you are capable of losing all your remaining games and so are we. Feel free to come on here at the end of the season and tell us " I told you so " 

you could throw sheffield in there too

oh yeah 100% we could quite easily have double the points if not more and as has bee. Said pretty much safe and sound, but we've simply been poor against poor teams.

I thought Sheffield were far superior all round against us. Well drilled and generally mistake free.

our closest defeat . Only difference was a converted penalty off the half way line after the half time hooter had gone. We bombed chances to win that one.

i don t think there is any argument that we have the hardest set of fixtures left , if we continue playing as we are only the hunslet and haven matches are reallistic opportunities .we have to come up with a shock victory somewhere...dont forget haven won at batley and at home to london .we all know if we play to our potential we could get a result against halifax so lets get down there , get behind the team and see what happens ..

If only sport worked like that eh ? We'd be getting a coupon up every week

With town I dont think anyone would be surprised if we turned some of the big boys over, after getting beat by sides around us.

Heaton is dangerous for them..

First half down there they were good... But maybe complacency / laziness crept in 2nd half and they looked poor .. Plenty of pace outwide and a big second rower (can't remember his name) made loads of yards

Doran at hooker today after Wigan recalled Tomkins, Olstrom not in the team.

Murphy

Miller

Lloyd

Mossop

Tierney

Forber

Shorrocks

Walker

Doran

Shackley

Phillips

Stack

McAvoy

Whiteley

Coward

Horton

Scholey

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

That's a concern , especially looking at the bench. Won't have the usual thrust from that area and it looks like he'll have to go the distance . Really does mess you up when they do that

Archived