Ha ha Haven!

ChunkyOnion

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

chamberlin was excellent before getting injured, ted chapelhow been with us all season and has been very good, jay from what i seen v hunslet was the just as good if not better.Gore has been solid enough at 7 but really needs to play 9

chamberlin was excellent before getting injured, ted chapelhow been with us all season and has been very good, jay from what i seen v hunslet was the just as good if not better.Gore has been solid enough at 7 but really needs to play 9

i thought gore was awful against us. Not sure about the rest.

If they bring back the reserve team league we won't be dual ref anyway. It stinks that it looks like Wigan will deny us any dual reg players for the 8's but yet they will allow Thornley to be loaned out to Salford to play against Championship clubs.

Fair play to Widnes though, they are looking after Haven, good job too as they'd be up the creek without them.

It has been a necessary evil IMO, don't get me wrong I've thoroughly enjoyed watching Lewis play for us along with cameos from the likes of Gelling etc. But with every positive there seemed to be two negatives and Wane hasn't been exactly polite with his reported views on us.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Yep . There's players there eligible for us who will be taken back purely to be stored or shipped out somewhere else for the same purpose as coming here ? Tierney has been a town player , he will get nowhere near a Wigan jumper so his season is virtually over in July . Rhodri Lloyd ? Could we have taken thornley on that same loan deal or have Salford put money into him ? While it's there and it can be of benefit week to week in strengthening us then fine by me , but I don't think anyone will shed a tear if the whole thing gets laid to rest . The reserve league idea is definitely building momentum and our recruitment this off season needs to be spot on

Wigan will do what is best for Thornely and if he decides he would rather play at a SL side that's 10 mins from home and full time training then that's what will happen, not a lot you can expect Wigan to do about it there first thought will be for their players wishes. 

as for Haven !! they will need much more than three 19 year olds in this next phase - they wont get Gore this weekend as well 

I get that Thornley would rather play for Salford than Town and you can't blame him for that Wonderofwood, my gripe was that it looks like Town will be denied the services of Lewis who hasn't had a look in at Wigan all season and played for us, yet somebody like Thornley who has played in the first team is allowed out on loan.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Lol, so yet another local gets dropped to make way for yet another traveller.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

Wigan will do what is best for Thornely and if he decides he would rather play at a SL side that's 10 mins from home and full time training then that's what will happen, not a lot you can expect Wigan to do about it there first thought will be for their players wishes. 

as for Haven !! they will need much more than three 19 year olds in this next phase - they wont get Gore this weekend as well

Is that Gore who is in the 19 man squad and has been signed for the rest of the season?

Nah replacing thomas coyle newts is safe

He'll get picked as first choice hooker and Newts will make the bench if he is lucky.

Haven must have been desperate, the lad has only played 3 times this season and that was as a sub on loan to Gloucestershire All Golds. OK, the lad might have a good pedigree but will that be enough?

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

He'll get picked as first choice hooker and Newts will make the bench if he is lucky.

Haven must have been desperate, the lad has only played 3 times this season and that was as a sub on loan to Gloucestershire All Golds. OK, the lad might have a good pedigree but will that be enough?

newton would be lucky to make seatons bench. A lot of haven fans have said he's been dreadful this year. And that signing looks like it's a case of taking anyone to field 17. We have 4 fit players who can play hooker, Callum,lucock,Karl and Doran and there all considerably better than anything haven can put out, and that's with our 1st choice and best out for the season.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Archived