Leeds/Salford                    14,013             14,190

Wigan/Widnes                   11,638             13,194

Wire/Saints                         13,157             11,618

Average crowds                   9094               8999

(all games to date)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. Crowds a bit down on same games last year. Won't change next week unless every crowd is up 2,500...

2. WAKEFIELD

Averaged 7,973 2013 under licensing

Averaged 4,373 2014 under relegation jeopardy

Averaged 3,991 2015 under another season of relegation jeopardy 

Will be interesting to see what crowds they now get for the middle 8 play off home games that will complete this new system playing out fully.

2014                 2015

Wakey/Cas                         5,159                4,000                

Les cats/Fartown               6,510                9,761

HKR/Hull                            10,179             11,350

Leeds/Salford                    14,013             14,190

Wigan/Widnes                   11,638             13,194

Wire/Saints                         13,157             11,618

Average crowds                   9094               8972

Do you want to check your maths on this ?

Based on the stats in the opening post, I have the total attendances for the six games as 60,656 (2014) and 64,113 (2015) and the averages as:

2014 - 10,109

2015 - 10,686

which makes it look a little better.

I'm surprised they didn't sell out at hull kr.

And to be clear - I'm not knocking you parky, but are we sure about the wakey cas game? Looks awful uniony to me with it being bang on 4k

Yes the average is across the season so far as it is every week, and the 4,000 looks like an estimate which is usually corrected a day or so later.

But it is possible there were 4.000 there, and spooky the average crowd for Wakefield this year is exactly 3,800 as well

HKR capacity 12,255??

Leeds game at opening of new facilities 11,525

Hull game last year 10,179

This year in crunch match 11,350

I'd guess the fans prefer HKR & Hull to be vying for top four rather than keeping out of the bottom four, but the crowds was still 1170 up.....

1. Crowds a bit down on same games last year. Won't change next week unless every crowd is up 2,500...

2. WAKEFIELD

Averaged 7,973 2013 under licensing

Averaged 4,373 2014 under relegation jeopardy

Averaged 3,800 2015 under another season of relegation jeopardy 

Will be interesting to see what crowds they now get for the middle 8 play off home games that will complete this new system playing out fully.

I know that you will (reasonably) tell me to work out the numbers, but I wonder what the difference is including 2012, and for all clubs. I wonder if the new system could be considered to have at least arrested a slide?

Also, this focuses on a club that has suffered the sharp end of jeopardy; I wonder what the numbers look like for the clubs that might have been in jeopardy but look like pulling themselves out of the mire. Again, I appreciate that I should do the numbers if I want to see that. I'm just musing.

I know that you will (reasonably) tell me to work out the numbers, but I wonder what the difference is including 2012, and for all clubs. I wonder if the new system could be considered to have at least arrested a slide?

Also, this focuses on a club that has suffered the sharp end of jeopardy; I wonder what the numbers look like for the clubs that might have been in jeopardy but look like pulling themselves out of the mire. Again, I appreciate that I should do the numbers if I want to see that. I'm just musing.

No I won't tell you to go and do it yourself, thank you for the interest. The numbers will come in over the next 12 days. here's another for you.........

SALFORD

2011 4,754   at the Willows

2012 5,192   at the AJ Bell - Wilkinson disappointed and deflated 

2013 3,178   Wilkinson walks out

2014 4,515   Koukash walks in, just what the Doctor ordered a rich doctor.

2015 4,173   Koukash despite riches struggles to improve results shouts at Harris in the tunnel, Mac shouts back at  Koukash etc.

I'd guess that the fluctuations have nothing to do with the structure and all to do with how salford's fanbase has felt about the soap opera........

Same for Wakefield, finances collapse, team collapse, crowds collapse......

I'm sure some will spin it as arresting a slide, but it's worth noting that the slide didn't exist when the change was made. 2012 was a record year. By the end of 2013 the change was being put in place.

It would be hard to argue that the change was out in place to arrest a slide when that slide didn't exist when the change was decided.

What record was set in 2012 out of interest? Aggregate or average?

And this wasn't the year Bradford had cheap season passes was it? A slight anomaly there!

Haven't we had season ticket offers pretty much every year? Including this one? Haven't we seen an entirely free game this year? Didn't they also have season ticket sales a

Other years?

Didn't they also start going south in easter? Seems odd we would look only at the positive impact of the marketing and offers but not at the negative impact of the administration.

A bit of confirmation bias there.

This season is likely to be around 330k less in total than 2012. For that to be down to Bradford it would mean more the 25k people watched each of bradfords games because of their season ticket offer. I'm pretty confident that wasn't the case.

In fact bradfords 2012 average was lower than their 2010 one

Are we also ignoring the falls at other clubs.

I'm sure some will spin it as arresting a slide, but it's worth noting that the slide didn't exist when the change was made. 2012 was a record year. By the end of 2013 the change was being put in place.

It would be hard to argue that the change was out in place to arrest a slide when that slide didn't exist when the change was decided.

why do you think 'not in place to arrest the slide' is the same as 'caused the slide'?

Just a minute. Why do you think 'arrest a slide' mean 'put in place to arrest a slide'?

6 clubs have now played all of their home matches of the first part of the 2015 season.

This means they have each played all other 11 teams at home, as they did in 2014.

It should now be possible to make a worthwhile comparison between the average across these 11 fixtures for 2015 and 2014 for these clubs, as all other factors such as Sky games / Sunday games etc will have evened out (at least as far as they are going to). This excludes Magic Weekend attendances.

Catalan.......+298 (+4%).........8067 (2014), 8365 (2015)

Hull Kr..........+64 (+1%).........7961 (2014), 8025 (2015)

Warrington...-141 (-1%).........9994 (2014), 9853 (2015)

Wigan...........-302 (-2%).......14283 (2014), 13981 (2015)

Wakefield.....-414 (-9%).........4403 (2014), 3989 (2015)

Salford........-825 (-17%).........4992 (2014), 4167 (2015)

The final figures for the other 6 teams will be known on Sunday.

The overall average attendance across all 12 teams so far is down 53 (-1%) on 2014 from 9006 to 8953. This is unlikely to change significantly at the weekend.

So, I would say, hardly any change from last season.

It will be interesting to see what happens to attendances in the next stage, in particular in the middle 8.

I would expect good crowds for...

- Top 5 sides in Super 8 as they fight for positions in the top 4

- Championship sides in the middle 8, especially Leigh and Bradford

...and crowds will be down for...

- Bottom 3 sides in the Super 8 as they will find it hard to make the top 4

- SL sides in the middle 8

Haven't we had season ticket offers pretty much every year? Including this one? Haven't we seen an entirely free game this year? Didn't they also have season ticket sales a

Other years?

Didn't they also start going south in easter? Seems odd we would look only at the positive impact of the marketing and offers but not at the negative impact of the administration.

A bit of confirmation bias there.

This season is likely to be around 330k less in total than 2012. For that to be down to Bradford it would mean more the 25k people watched each of bradfords games because of their season ticket offer. I'm pretty confident that wasn't the case.

In fact bradfords 2012 average was lower than their 2010 one

Are we also ignoring the falls at other clubs.

Is that across the entire league (ie all 14 teams in 2012 vs 12 in 2015) and all 27 games vs 23?

Yes, we have had promotions in other seasons, but none have had as significant an effect as the Bradford cheap season ticket deal which didn't exactly help them money wise. Didn't we see an entirely free game in 2012 anyway?

Was 2012 a record breaking year for overall aggregate or average at each club?

We're comparing a lot of apples and oranges here.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Archived