Ireland 'A' vs Serbia abandoned...

Reading Ireland beat Serbia 10 - 24 so it must have continued?

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

Result stood after being abandoned, look at rlef Facebook. Unsavoury scenes

will do ta

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

Ireland a couple of scores up before it was abandoned around the hour mark.

According to those watching the live stream the game was abandoned after an Irish player was punched by the Serbian coach in open play - not good!

That will put international Rugby League on the map.

The Serbian Coach Marko Janković  or someone else?

Scratch that - it was a water carrier, then a Serbian lad (no 10) aimed a kick to his head allegedly

Having been to Serbia both as a player a few times as well as help the coaching staff of the Euro Celts back in 2009, its a shame the antics of one person spoils the great work the likes of Marko Jankovic, Jovan Vujosevic, Rale Novakovic and others. I hope that this doesnt damage the Serbian RL too much. There are a few nutters in Serbia like anywhere. But the vast majority of people in Serbian RL and the people that support them are great people and this incident is not a representation of Serbian RL.

Maybe the Mail on line will report it.They don't report anything else about rugby league. No mention of the cup final yesterday for instance.

Nothing like a good old urban myth.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyleague/article-3215394/Hull-KR-0-50-Leeds-Tom-Briscoe-stars-Rhinos-lift-Challenge-Cup-trophy.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3215997/Greg-Inglis-revealed-two-tattoos-support-marriage-equality-Indigenous-health.html

The Mail are one of the few UK news outlets who have cottoned on to the internet being the future. Therefore, they cover EVERYTHING online and as such are now very highly ranked against other media outlets

http://www.alexa.com/topsites/countries/GB 

Off-line they will continue to print what their readership is interested in and right wing, aspirant immigrant fearing Middle England has no interest in RL......it's a rag, always was and always ill be.

Thank You for Listening

Derek

Having been to Serbia both as a player a few times as well as help the coaching staff of the Euro Celts back in 2009, its a shame the antics of one person spoils the great work the likes of Marko Jankovic, Jovan Vujosevic, Rale Novakovic and others. I hope that this doesnt damage the Serbian RL too much. There are a few nutters in Serbia like anywhere. But the vast majority of people in Serbian RL and the people that support them are great people and this incident is not a representation of Serbian RL.

Marko Jankovic was the one person who punched the Irish lad, and Rale and Jovan are his great friends and the ones who made him the Serbian coach. It is not the first time that Marko is involved in incidents that include punching, but this one is a shocker. He should've been punished long time ago and this would never happen, but the previous incidents weren't so explicit and public so there was no need to punish him, didn't catch the eye of RLEF so Jovan and Rale didn't have to react, and didn't care. So stupid by all the people running Serbian RL, this could've been stopped ages ago. Now they are all in a big trouble, people already putting all around the Serbian RL and their players in the same bin because of a one mans act. But again it is a one mans act, but not only one mans fault.

Marko Jankovic was the one person who punched the Irish lad, and Rale and Jovan are his great friends and the ones who made him the Serbian coach. It is not the first time that Marko is involved in incidents that include punching, but this one is a shocker. He should've been punished long time ago and this would never happen, but the previous incidents weren't so explicit and public so there was no need to punish him, didn't catch the eye of RLEF so Jovan and Rale didn't have to react, and didn't care. So stupid by all the people running Serbian RL, this could've been stopped ages ago. Now they are all in a big trouble, people already putting all around the Serbian RL and their players in the same bin because of a one mans act. But again it is a one mans act, but not only one mans fault.

Never had a Problem with Marko, Rale or Jovan and while games have been very physical, not once have they ever done anything wrong from matches i have played or watched. Hopefully the RLEF come down harsh on anybody was involved in this. Shame as Serbia have done so well domestically and Internationally.

Nothing like a good old urban myth.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyleague/article-3215394/Hull-KR-0-50-Leeds-Tom-Briscoe-stars-Rhinos-lift-Challenge-Cup-trophy.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3215997/Greg-Inglis-revealed-two-tattoos-support-marriage-equality-Indigenous-health.html

The Mail are one of the few UK news outlets who have cottoned on to the internet being the future. Therefore, they cover EVERYTHING online and as such are now very highly ranked against other media outlets

http://www.alexa.com/topsites/countries/GB 

Off-line they will continue to print what their readership is interested in and right wing, aspirant immigrant fearing Middle England has no interest in RL......it's a rag, always was and always ill be.

I see outrageous generalisations still exist.

​​ 

​THE NORTH OF ENGLAND WITH A POPULATION OF NEARLY 17 MILLION PEOPLE IS THE TRUE EXPANSION AREA FOR RUGBY LEAGUE........IF IT CAN'T EXPAND HERE, WHERE CAN IT EXPAND?

​                       

​                        

RLEF MEDIA RELEASE

Rugby League European Federation General Manager Danny Kazandjian has issued the following statement after the match between Serbia and Ireland at the Makis Stadium in Belgrade was abandoned.

“The Rugby League European Federation can confirm that the match was abandoned in 61st minute with the score at 16-24 due to an incident and that a full investigation is underway.

“We are collecting formal statements from both Federations as well as the match commissioner, the officials and independent observers and reviewing the match footage. A further statement will be issued in due course.”

RLEF MEDIA RELEASE

SERBIA COACH CHARGED

Serbia national team coach Marko Janković has been charged by the RLEF for a breach of law 15.1(i) - behaviour contrary to the true spirit of the game – after an incident during Serbia’s match against Ireland on 29 August in Belgrade.
The RLEF Disciplinary Committee will convene tomorrow, Thursday 3 September to consider the case.

Having been to Serbia both as a player a few times as well as help the coaching staff of the Euro Celts back in 2009, its a shame the antics of one person spoils the great work the likes of Marko Jankovic, Jovan Vujosevic, Rale Novakovic and others. I hope that this doesnt damage the Serbian RL too much. There are a few nutters in Serbia like anywhere. But the vast majority of people in Serbian RL and the people that support them are great people and this incident is not a representation of Serbian RL.

Marko Jankovic has been charged by the RLEF.

Archived