LEIGH 24 LEEDS 7

Trojan

I've just watched the "highlights" on You Tube. What an abysmal game.  14 of Leigh's points came from penalties or drop goals. I've never been a Leeds fan but Leigh clearly came out with the intention of niggling Leeds into conceding penalties, and it worked, typical Murphy tactics.  The incident where Hynes was sent off, today it would have been Murphy walking for an appalling high tackle on Hynes. Indeed he was at it all the time he was on the pitch.  Billy Thompson appears to have been totally taken in.  How Murphy's presence can be justified on the plinth at Wembley is beyond me.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just watched the "highlights" on You Tube. What an abysmal game.  

Thank god for Superleague then

Who would want to go back to northern part time professional.

OH! You........

Take that in the good spirit it's meant Tro. It really is a good exersise to look at semi pro winter RL and Superleague summer RL.

I've just watched the "highlights" on You Tube. What an abysmal game. 14 of Leigh's points came from penalties or drop goals. I've never been a Leeds fan but Leigh clearly came out with the intention of niggling Leeds into conceding penalties, and it worked, typical Murphy tactics. The incident where Hynes was sent off, today it would have been Murphy walking for an appalling high tackle on Hynes. Indeed he was at it all the time he was on the pitch. Billy Thompson appears to have been totally taken in. How Murphy's presence can be justified on the plinth at Wembley is beyond me.

You like everyone else had your chance to vote for Neil Fox to go on the statue it's time to get over it.

You like everyone else had your chance to vote for Neil Fox to go on the statue it's time to get over it.

No I was totally unware there was a vote at all. Maybe my fault but the truth.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Thank god for Superleague then

Who would want to go back to northern part time professional.

OH! You........

Take that in the good spirit it's meant Tro. It really is a good exersise to look at semi pro winter RL and Superleague summer RL.

Do you like sex and travel Parkly? This game took place in the "good old days" of one league.  If you want to see honest Norlthern Part Time professionals here they are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXfEbOrOE-I

Super League was gong to be the panacea.  We were going to build an international team to beat Australia because of it (M LIndsay)  What went wrong?  IMO not enough competitive games.  We finally get back to a situation where there is something to play for.  For all teams and Mr Hetherington throws a spanner in the works on behalf of Leeds.

Clement Attlee.

Do you like sex and travel Parkly? This game took place in the "good old days" of one league. If you want to see honest Norlthern Part Time professionals here they are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXfEbOrOE-I

Super League was gong to be the panacea. We were going to build an international team to beat Australia because of it (M LIndsay) What went wrong? IMO not enough competitive games. We finally get back to a situation where there is something to play for. For all teams and Mr Hetherington throws a spanner in the works on behalf of Leeds.

You slate Leeds yet failed to respond to the post I made that showed what Leeds are giving back. What has GH done to put a spanner in the works. Time to get into the 21st century.

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

You slate Leeds yet failed to respond to the post I made that showed what Leeds are giving back. What has GH done to put a spanner in the works. Time to get into the 21st century.

I am in the 21st century.  It's time the game realised that it's about more than Leeds, Wigan and Saints.  What do you think will happen to all the kids who play RL in places like Fev in the club disappears?  Towns like Fev have been left with very little except their rugby club thanks to pit closures etc.  Featherstone Rovers are what Rugby League should be about.  A team that shouldn't exist, playing a game that shouldn't exist. Sure Leeds etc can dominate, but there has to be room for teams like Fev, or the game to me has no meaning.  After all what has improved with the advent of Super League, what has changed?  We're still getting beaten by Australia, and if anything the media profile of the game has declined.  It is purely a personal view but summer rugby has been bad for the game.  If Union can grow their crowds from 2 men and a dog watching Saracens in 1995 to what they are now playing winter rugby, why can't we do the same?  It's been a sunny clear afternoon today, ideal for rugby, but there wasn't any to watch.

Clement Attlee.

Aren't your beloved Featherstone playing Wakefield at this very moment. Keighley are playing Oldham and Salford are playing Rochdale. Three games for you to see.

And you still fail to respond to questions or answers

that are given to you and choose instead to go into your usual diatribe.

When you asked if Leeds were giving anything back you got a response and failed to acknowledge the information given to you because it didn't fit with your agenda and when asked what spanner had been put in the works you spout rubbish about pit closures and don't actually give an answer to the question. Yet another one trick pony on this forum.

I remember watching as a boy. It was very exciting at the time, watching Leigh gradually build a lead against the favourites and then realise they were going to win.

In the 70s the game was more meritocratic and small sides such as Leigh, Featherstone and Bramley could and did win trophies.

It's been a sunny clear afternoon today, ideal for rugby, but there wasn't any to watch.

Funnily enough I've just seen a tweet from someone at the Dewsbury v Sheffield game that said "Glad we don't play in winter anymore".

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Aren't your beloved Featherstone playing Wakefield at this very moment. Keighley are playing Oldham and Salford are playing Rochdale. Three games for you to see.

And you still fail to respond to questions or answers

that are given to you and choose instead to go into your usual diatribe.

When you asked if Leeds were giving anything back you got a response and failed to acknowledge the information given to you because it didn't fit with your agenda and when asked what spanner had been put in the works you spout rubbish about pit closures and don't actually give an answer to the question. Yet another one trick pony on this forum.

Back to the original post.  Fev may be playing Wakey but in a meaningless game.  But Leeds aren't really giving anything back.  They're just using Fev. Like they use Hunslet.   They've always done the same, in the past they'd come to other West Yorkshire clubs and tempt their stars away with offers of big money.  Now they offer the juniors the chance to go to Headingley.  They're like the trawlermen who trawl up everything there is and then throw back what they don't want, but it's too damaged to exist.  With RL players they've been rejected and pack it in.  Leeds are a great club, a credit to the game, they play some lovely rugby. But they're also a menace.

Clement Attlee.

Back to the original post.  Fev may be playing Wakey but in a meaningless game.  But Leeds aren't really giving anything back.  They're just using Fev. Like they use Hunslet.   They've always done the same, in the past they'd come to other West Yorkshire clubs and tempt their stars away with offers of big money.  Now they offer the juniors the chance to go to Headingley.  They're like the trawlermen who trawl up everything there is and then throw back what they don't want, but it's too damaged to exist.  With RL players they've been rejected and pack it in.  Leeds are a great club, a credit to the game, they play some lovely rugby. But they're also a menace.

You asked if leeds were giving anything back to the AMATEUR game.I responded,my response didn't fit your agenda.

You said there were no games to watch,when in fact there were,meaningless or not.

You asked if leeds were giving anything back to the AMATEUR game.I responded,my response didn't fit your agenda.

You said there were no games to watch,when in fact there were,meaningless or not.

Union clubs haven't increased their winter crowds by playing meaningless games.  TBH given what's happened you may be able to describe all of Fev's fixtures as meaningless, because the only beneficiaries will be Leeds

Clement Attlee.

Union clubs haven't increased their winter crowds by playing meaningless games.  TBH given what's happened you may be able to describe all of Fev's fixtures as meaningless, because the only beneficiaries will be Leeds

Top flight ru gets far smaller crowds than most sl games even when the seasons overlap.

And you've still skirted the responses I gave to you.

Top flight ru gets far smaller crowds than most sl games even when the seasons overlap.

On what basis do you work that out?

25K at Leicester yesterday, 14K at Saracens.

Clement Attlee.

Archived