match off

tandle

did you know that todays Stalybridge match was postponed reason given the players could not swim

It was actually abandoned after 10 mins play and not called off beforehand, theres a couple on their forum blaming "rugby" ( can only be Oldham . . . LOL . . ) for making the pitch a "a tip" and "from now on we will play on a quagmire" http://www.stalybridgeceltic.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/13893-todays-match/  The pitch before the London game looked in fine shape to me, cant remember after as i didnt stop to look in the gloom. But as you will see on the Stalybridge Forum, Rugby is already getting a slating after just the one match there :buba:

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

Not a typical day in the 'bridge folks.

Not rained since last night!!

Blustery and cold so wrap up.

Pitch looked in great nick AFTER the London game - Celtic directors agreed with me on this - so i wouldn't worry what the odd plonker says online.

After all, we are all well aware of the many eccentric views on club websites i'm sure..

I get the same spite from a Huddersfield Town fan. He still will not believe me that a former Town (and cricket club) groundsman clearly told a number of us that 'soccer damages the pitch more than rugby. I'll check the pitch this aft and expect to see a lack of grass along the touch lines, centre area and goal mouths.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

I have just posted the following quote on the Celtic fans forum from Sir Alex Ferguson (So it must be right) and Old Trafford about the refusal to stage any Rugby Oonion world cup matches last yearFergie was less concerned about damage done by rugby league because it is mainly played on top of the surface rather than through it. But United are making Fergie’s World Cup snub all the worse by shamelessly staging the rugby league showcase as a rival attraction.

A United spokesman said: ‘There’s no doubt rugby league is less harmful to our pitch but we didn’t set the date for the Grand Final.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3237512/Manchester-United-snub-Rugby-World-Cup-staging-rugby-league-s-Grand-Final-day-England-s-group-clash.html#ixzz40nwYGJA2 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Archived