Home Brew

Yes it's made in Northampton now, and my garage

I'm willing to bet that what comes out of your garage tastes better than the stuff from Northampton.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They make a beer called Sleck Dust which is nice

Had a bottle when I got in from the game last night. It slecks your dust all right.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

So I am brewing in morning, do I go for a Tetleys or Timothy Taylors Landlord?

If I walked up to a bar and those were the two options it would be Landlord every time.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

I am undecided, think I am going for a Tetley, will have to decide very shortly as I mix my grains the night before, one less thing to do tomorrow, going to make 46L of the stuff

wonder what the neighbours think when they see me boiling it all up in the garage, I just tell them i'm watching the other halves cauldron while she gets back! 

I am undecided, think I am going for a Tetley, will have to decide very shortly as I mix my grains the night before, one less thing to do tomorrow, going to make 46L of the stuff

wonder what the neighbours think when they see me boiling it all up in the garage, I just tell them i'm watching the other halves cauldron while she gets back! 

You are one of the forum's beer heroes.  I do not know what to think anymore.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Thrown a curve ball in, having a Yorkshire bitter instead, I needed Brown sugar for tetley

Chuffer - have you got the book by Greg Hughes about brewing

Not yet, I have the palmer one which is great but I've read that the Hughes one has some cracking recipes in, its on my purchase list, plus I have birthday coming...

Thrown a curve ball in, having a Yorkshire bitter instead, I needed Brown sugar for tetley

Lady of the house wondering where it's going to stop?

Not yet, I have the palmer one which is great but I've read that the Hughes one has some cracking recipes in, its on my purchase list, plus I have birthday coming...

You better PM me your address then as I happen to have a spare one, I will get it posted out this week

Dave

Bit late to this thread but I've got a milk stout one week off. My wife treated me to a kit from homebrewtique which makes small batches from grain. I think I over heated the grain on my first brew an iPa but it was still reasonably drinkable. Looking forward to sampling the new brew.

yes milk sugars to the mash. It smelt wonderful and I had the house to myself for the day and had the kitchen as clean as a lab. I really hope it turns out ok. Next up a dry hopped ipa. So I'll need to get drinking.

I want to make an American Pale Ale next, I need to get chance to think of a recipe, might just squeeze another bitter in this week first!

5kg Maris Otter malt, 100g crystal...cascade, Centennial and columbus hops 60g of each but split in three batches so 1/3 goes in at 60, 1/3 goes in at 15 and 1/3 at flameout...at least 20g each of them dry hopped too....or citra if you can find/afford them!...nb that's for a standard 5g batch...not sure what quantities you tend to brew in?

Archived