25 Feb: SL: Hull FC v Castleford Tigers KO 8pm (TV)

Who will win?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull by 13 points or more
    • Hull by 7 to 12 points
    • Hull by 1 to 6 points
    • Cas by 13 points or more
    • Cas by 7 to 12 points
    • Cas by 1 to 6 points

A very engrossing game, well played both teams.  I liked the way that Cas countered the huge Hull pack, though I think that Hull might have also been a complacent in the first 20 minutes and thought that it would be straight forward.  Maybe Radford to blame for that???

I'd expect both teams to at least trouble Saints, Wigan and Leeds on the performances so far.  Could be in for a close year (especially if Hudds and Cats get their acts together).

I'm not sure that "complacent" is the right word. I think Cas just gave them the runaround by playing fast and expansive, and Hull took a while to adapt. Still, a very entertaining contest and also a contrast of styles.

I do wonder how many offers FC have knocked back for Shaul. I love watching him dart and dance!

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure that "complacent" is the right word. I think Cas just gave them the runaround by playing fast and expansive, and Hull took a while to adapt. Still, a very entertaining contest and also a contrast of styles.

I do wonder how many offers FC have knocked back for Shaul. I love watching him dart and dance!

You're right, complacent isn't the right word.  I couldn't think of the right one!  I felt that Hull (the big men in particular) just felt that they would be able to bulldoze Cas and didn't seem to think that anything else was necessary.  It took them a while to realise this, so yes, adapt is probably more correct.

You're right, complacent isn't the right word.  I couldn't think of the right one!  I felt that Hull (the big men in particular) just felt that they would be able to bulldoze Cas and didn't seem to think that anything else was necessary.  It took them a while to realise this, so yes, adapt is probably more correct.

It wa s a bit like how Salford zapped Widnes with quickfire early scores last weekend. That can stun even an experienced team for a while.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hull do have the bigger pack but cas are by no means small lynch millington cook jewitt n moors are all big stong forward with good go forward mcmeeken is 6ft5 n holmes tackles well above his weight. There wasn't a lot between the teams on the day n the result was decided on who took there chances, could of easily gone the other way which is excellent for rugby league

COME ON THE CORN

CLASSY CAS 4EVA

Go Go Go York City Knights!

Any word on how Springer is progressing? He was a bit disappointing last year and hasn't made a squad yet this season.

The term 'all the gear but no idea' has sprung (no pun intended) to mind when I've seen him play. Physically he has it but has a lot to learn in terms of fitting into plays and defensive positioning. That said the style of rugby Cas play needs the forwards to be pretty smart so it's not the easiest team for a raw, inexperienced player to slot into.

I think DP will be probably be working pretty intensively with him. For me it wouldn't hurt for him to get a bit of time on loan with a semi pro club to get game time whilst still working with coaches at Cas.

In short think he's a bit of an ongoing project.

The term 'all the gear but no idea' has sprung (no pun intended) to mind when I've seen him play. Physically he has it but has a lot to learn in terms of fitting into plays and defensive positioning. That said the style of rugby Cas play needs the forwards to be pretty smart so it's not the easiest team for a raw, inexperienced player to slot into.

I think DP will be probably be working pretty intensively with him. For me it wouldn't hurt for him to get a bit of time on loan with a semi pro club to get game time whilst still working with coaches at Cas.

In short think he's a bit of an ongoing project.

Sounds like a spell at Leeds could do him good.

Archived