25 Feb: SL: Hull FC v Castleford Tigers KO 8pm (TV)

Who will win?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull by 13 points or more
    • Hull by 7 to 12 points
    • Hull by 1 to 6 points
    • Cas by 13 points or more
    • Cas by 7 to 12 points
    • Cas by 1 to 6 points

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shaul should've got the winger away then but went for glory and cost Hull the game maybe?

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

That was a really entertaining last 15 minutes. Could have gone either way and I wouldn't have minded.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

As someone who doesn't like the idea of Thursday games, it is just a little bit annoying that most of this season's most entertaining matches so far have happened on, erm, Thursday.  :fool:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Cracking win - don't think too many will take points from the KC this season. 

I think the video ref got out of jail with Michaels putting his foot in touch - it looked he wasn't going to disallow it for obstruction. Would have been a travesty.

Surprised Hull didn't test young Jai Hitchcox with high kicks more. Also thought Cas' kicking options on the last tackle were poor.

Finally, I wish Sky would stop showing the other game when the main game is in play. Just show it at the end or half-time or at least when the ball is dead.

From Twitter, the following exchange.

@Phatmarkie
#AskSkyRl will Stevo be upset he's not been there and someone's kicked a one pointer?

@SkySportsRL  15m15 minutes ago
Sky Sports RL Retweeted Phatmarkie
SC: He was there in spirit and we all heard him shouting for one! #SLHulCas #AskSkyRL 

:D 

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Great game. Horrible for the heart....but great attack, big hits, drama, had it all.

Take it back about Hitchcox did well and try saver on Shaul near end. Crooks played well too holding his own in defence.

Benny Roberts deserves alot of credit for me, did a brilliant job in defence shoring that side up, helped with Tumavavie and kept Pritchard largly in check. Couple of try savers holding players up over the line (Shame he didn't make MOM had him at 25 to 1!).

Good 2nd half from our forwards. Massey helped alot for me when he came on good work rate and some clever play. Dorn was very good too. The Solomona/Webster partnership speaks for itself. Are their any better wingers then Solomona in SL at the moment?

For Hull thought Shaul was excellent. The pack is the most formidable in SL.

Went for the wrong winger with my hatrick bet although nice little profit from Solomona anyway (had him for 1st try, 1st in 2nd half and last) so a couple came in!

Didn't deserve to win. Although we were good with ball in hand, we were dropping off way too many tackles. Our first contact was awful. Getting bumped a lot, giving an enthusiastic Cas side easy yards and allowing space to offload time and time again.

We had plenty of chances to win, but fair play to Cas' defence which held us out and forced us into wrong options. Disappointed with the result and plenty to work on in defence.

Back down to Earth. At least we were top of the league again for a little while!

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Absolute cracker of a game. I'm going to watch it again right now.

A match that would be well worth seeing more than once.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hitchcox had a glorious half hour. :)

(apologies if that was first made pages ago)

Superb game, 2 terrific teams who will win a lot of games and in great style. I love watching Shaul play - he has an air of Steve Prescott with ball in hand. Gale was fabulous. FC will roll many teams over - indeed, it would not surprise me if Cas are the only ones to win there. TGG.

Hitchcox had a glorious half hour. :)

(apologies if that was first made pages ago)

Superb game, 2 terrific teams who will win a lot of games and in great style. I love watching Shaul play - he has an air of Steve Prescott with ball in hand. Gale was fabulous. FC will roll many teams over - indeed, it would not surprise me if Cas are the only ones to win there. TGG.

We seem to have a few fullbacks coming through of the same generation - Jamie Shaul, Niall Evalds and Matty Russell (to name just three off the top of my head) are all about the same age and are entertaining, enterprising and exciting players.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived