25 Feb: SL: Hull FC v Castleford Tigers KO 8pm (TV)

Who will win?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull by 13 points or more
    • Hull by 7 to 12 points
    • Hull by 1 to 6 points
    • Cas by 13 points or more
    • Cas by 7 to 12 points
    • Cas by 1 to 6 points

Discuss the SL game between Hull FC and Castleford Tigers here.

:kolobok_sad:   Hull FC....The Sons of God....  :kolobok_sad:
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought I'd bung the threads for tomorrows games up seeing as the powers that be are a bit late with them this week.

Should be a belting game this, Ben Crooks return to the KC to try and prove a point, Hull seemingly flying at the moment, it all could go horribly wrong but I'm unusually optimistic for once here.

Think Hull should have just that bit too much for Cas but I don't expect it to be one way stuff.

Hull 28 Cas 20.

Really looking forward to this - first chance to see Cas, who are wonderfully coached and have recruited as well as ever. I think FC will prevail but that both teams will have great seasons. I hope the good folk of Hull appreciate that they have a team worth watching in big numbers...

Thought I'd bung the threads for tomorrows games up seeing as the powers that be are a bit late with them this week.

Should be a belting game this, Ben Crooks return to the KC to try and prove a point, Hull seemingly flying at the moment, it all could go horribly wrong but I'm unusually optimistic for once here.

Think Hull should have just that bit too much for Cas but I don't expect it to be one way stuff.

Hull 28 Cas 20.

Don't know about the winners, but this could be an excellent match-up, even this early in the season.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Not really looking forward to this one - all credit to Hull they are probably the team I least want to play at present.  In all honesty, Its rare I have gone into a game as apprehensive of our chances as this with DP in charge (although I am a bit of a pessimist as far as Cas go!).  Bookies have Cas with a 10 point start and this doesnt look far off to me,  Hull by 12 is my guess.

Hull will undoutedly target our Crooks in our left side and although he has largly defended well so far this season Tumuvavai, Pritchard and co pose a much bigger threat and I am not sure he will be up to the test at present.  In response we may get a bit of joy from Gale peppering Michaels to utilise Monaghans ariel ability. For me we need Gales A game on show to get us around the park and set out attack up   Additionally, Luke Dorn looked extremely dangerous vs Wakey and his link up with the attack will need to be even better if we are going to get anything from this game.

It certainly has the potential to be a good game for the neutral with some cracking match ups across the park.  Should be a decent battle in the pack but again Hull look to have a bit more firepower and (arguabley) 2 of the inform wingers of the comp (Solomona and Talona) will be vying to outscore each other,.  Either should be pretty good bets for 1st try and hatrick bets (I will probably go for Talona based on the space I think his centre will create vs Crooks). 

PS Think Hicks is reffing so get ready for a few headscratchers!

Good summing up Gatesy but your worries about Ben Crooks are trumped by mine about Steve Michaels. The Hull winger had a torrid time against Pat Richards last time out and I don't see much difference when he faces Joel Monaghan.

Fortunately for us in France, it wasn't important in the end but tonight will be much closer I feel.

I think there'll be a decent crowd tonight, in spite of the Sky cameras, looking forward to the light show again, hope it comes across well on the telly.

I think Hull are going to be challenging for a GF place this year and if they can stay lucky regarding injuries there's no reason why they shouldn't get a top 4 finish. Hull to be too strong for the plucky Tigers and will take this one by 12 or more.

Could be a cracker this one.  I'm looking forward to seeing Frank the Tank after hearing rave reviews from pre season and the first couple of rounds.  I'm going with the majority and will say Hull by 12.

The current form isn't just down to Frank - you need to watch Manu, Tuimavave, Taylor and Watts to be fair!

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

It seems odd being a Hull fan to be confidentially looking forward to a game due to our start and having only one real injury. I do think we should win in a flowing high scoring from both sides game. That said the cautious side of me wonders if we (the team, everyone) might be just getting a little too confident because of the start and with having a weeks break might not be quite at the races early doors. I know its only two games but I suspect opposition coaches will already be looking at ways to move the ball away from the middle if possible.

As Roy Boy says its not just about Frank. Watts and Taylor look immense and the concentration on the tank seems to be opening things up for Manu and Mini

It seems odd being a Hull fan to be confidentially looking forward to a game due to our start and having only one real injury.

Seems odd that you're telling us all about it, tbh. :-)

The current form isn't just down to Frank - you need to watch Manu, Tuimavave, Taylor and Watts to be fair!

Thanks Roy Boy. Sounds like I'll need to pay plenty of attention with that list. To have so many dangerous players must give hull fans plenty of hope that this is more than just a strong start and can be kept up all season.

Thanks Roy Boy. Sounds like I'll need to pay plenty of attention with that list. To have so many dangerous players must give hull fans plenty of hope that this is more than just a strong start and can be kept up all season.

That's the $64,000 question and to a degree relies on Pryce staying healthy.

He has looked in good form thus far and certainly is getting a good understanding with Sneyd.

Money can't buy you happiness!

It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."

Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!

Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."

Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!

My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

Hull by 4 - Cas are a better side than some people seem to think.

Even without Michael Shenton the Castleford squad looks pretty strong to me.

Looking forward to it very much. As with the Salford game there are going to be some pretty exciting players out there.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Good summing up Gatesy but your worries about Ben Crooks are trumped by mine about Steve Michaels. The Hull winger had a torrid time against Pat Richards last time out and I don't see much difference when he faces Joel Monaghan.

Can probably put your mind at rest. Think I reckoned it up wrong - it will be Solomona vs Michaels.

And Monaghan is out so we have Jy Hitchcock and Ben Crooks versus Tolona and Tuimavauve...oh dear. My 3 tries for Talona try is on at least!

Joel Monaghan not playing, just announced.

Archived