Australia v New Zealand

Hell of a quote mate.

Wish we had a stand off that was not a great player as well.

How often does he turn up?

He has had some blinders in big games but does not show his skills or get involved anywhere near enough IMO.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

1 x series win since 2007 and no victory against the Aussies since 2006 is not a legitimate claim to be the best side in the world. We need to beat both sides and beat them regularly. Only then will we have a legitimate claim.

We beat nz regulary...and no one beats australia regulary....so??

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

We beat nz regulary...and no beats australia regulary....so??

You're my besht mmmate you are........whadda you looking at?............I'll take you all on.......come one..............wheresh my drink?..................hic................[falls asleep]

:alcoholic:  :alcoholic:

It was a one off game that quite frankly not many of the players seemed remotely interested in. I wouldn`t put too much importance on it,so all you out there thinking England have any chance in the Four Nations and World Cup might be a tad disappointed when they come around. It was only a few weeks ago that three Aussie teams went over there and tanned the backsides of their three top teams and that`s what really matters;the difference of the two competitions. Of the Pommy imports playing in Australia at the moment I`d say there`s only Hodgson and Whitehead at the Raiders,and maybe Jack Reed at the Broncos who are playing up to scratch. The three Burgess brothers at the Bunnies are all playing well below par as is Widdop at St.George,so I wouldn`t be putting my house on any British successes especially if the end of season internationals are being played Down Under. 

It was a one off game that quite frankly not many of the players seemed remotely interested in. I wouldn`t put too much importance on it,so all you out there thinking England have any chance in the Four Nations and World Cup might be a tad disappointed when they come around. It was only a few weeks ago that three Aussie teams went over there and tanned the backsides of their three top teams and that`s what really matters;the difference of the two competitions. Of the Pommy imports playing in Australia at the moment I`d say there`s only Hodgson and Whitehead at the Raiders,and maybe Jack Reed at the Broncos who are playing up to scratch. The three Burgess brothers at the Bunnies are all playing well below par as is Widdop at St.George,so I wouldn`t be putting my house on any British successes especially if the end of season internationals are being played Down Under. 

This is a very typical post from Australians about international RL.  I've seen it many forums.

step1:

Announce Australia will win

step 2:

If Australia loses then really the only thing that matters is the club game or SOO so who cares.

or

step 2A:

If Australia loses they weren't really trying because the only thing that matters is the club game or SOO.

Conclusion:

Australia always wins even if they lose! :P

Who said I`m an Australian? I just live here mate. I`m an expat Rochdale Hornets supporter who emigrated to NZ in 1972,then moved to the Gold Coast about nine years ago. I`ve followed League all my life and just try to see things as they are. I hate the way the Aussies pull strokes all the time,the latest one picking Radradra,but there you go,the Brits and Kiwis let the Aussies get away with things all the time,having Aussie refs and all that instead of neutrals. State of Origin is their Mecca,though to me it`s gone very flat through Queensland being far too good for NSW over the last ten years,but that garbage last night might see the end of Anzac tests completely. The Kiwi purple patch is well and truly over,there`s that many brilliant young blokes just waiting for their chance as soon as Meninga realises it,these present blokes just holding them back,but it will happen. And Australia will therefore rule the roost for another generation,like it or not.  

Who said I`m an Australian? I just live here mate. I`m an expat Rochdale Hornets supporter who emigrated to NZ in 1972,then moved to the Gold Coast about nine years ago. I`ve followed League all my life and just try to see things as they are. I hate the way the Aussies pull strokes all the time,the latest one picking Radradra,but there you go,the Brits and Kiwis let the Aussies get away with things all the time,having Aussie refs and all that instead of neutrals. State of Origin is their Mecca,though to me it`s gone very flat through Queensland being far too good for NSW over the last ten years,but that garbage last night might see the end of Anzac tests completely. The Kiwi purple patch is well and truly over,there`s that many brilliant young blokes just waiting for their chance as soon as Meninga realises it,these present blokes just holding them back,but it will happen. And Australia will therefore rule the roost for another generation,like it or not.  

I think you qualify because of the residency rule! ;) .  The ANZAC tests are going away in 2018 due to the T.V deal. They will then play after the NRL season.  I think this might not be a bad thing because it will allow more prep time and they get to hold it in NZ more often.

How often does he turn up?

He has had some blinders in big games but does not show his skills or get involved anywhere near enough IMO.

Neither did Darren Lockyer v England/GB but seemed to always score the decisive try.

Probably in the top 5 players in the game. Wish we had him. Who do you prefer?

"Kiwi purple patch is well and truly over"? How do you come to that conclusion with all the injuries and suspensions they've had?

Meninga should have "realised it" and played a few new players. Seemed to be a win at all costs attitude and an opportunity missed. How would you develop new players? Wait until a decisive game and then give them a start?

Neither did Darren Lockyer v England/GB but seemed to always score the decisive try.

Probably in the top 5 players in the game. Wish we had him. Who do you prefer?

Darren Lockyer had some influence on nearly every game he ever played.

I saw him play a game against us where he carved us up single handed and handed us our bum in one half, we expected to win that game. (Tri Nations Final 2004)

Johnson seems to stand out as influential in less than half the games he plays (a lot less)

Often he is down right poor and an oxygen thief, that can never be said of most true champions that I have watched over 40 years.

I would take Thurston or Cronk everyday, they may not always succeed on the field but they certainly always try their best to get involved in every game they contest, not sure if Johnson is even close IMO.

He was ranked 7th in the NRL last year and I think that was generous.

He comes across as a good bloke, as somebody else said, he is probably in the wrong team in the NRL.

How big do you think the stadium in Newcastle is? I couldn't see many empty seats.

When I was last there it could fit around 30k in.

My point was to illustrate the popularity in London of international league, not to denigrate the Aussies, who can pull in bigger crowds for club games than our internationals when they put their mind to it. Your post was simply a book to shoehorn that point in...

When I was last there it could fit around 30k in.

My point was to illustrate the popularity in London of international league, not to denigrate the Aussies, who can pull in bigger crowds for club games than our internationals when they put their mind to it. Your post was simply a book to shoehorn that point in...

It holds nearly 33 thousand on a good day

Luke was missed right from the Haka!

I'm not altogether convinced about the non-penalty try! :fie: Semi got ten ninutes, so they didn't look suspect? Question is, how much space do you have to miss a ball by when you've been obstructed for there not to have been a doubt about whether you would've scored or not?

Most telling was the press reaction, and the truth is if the same kind of game happened in SOO would there have been the same type of response?

Seen better games and much worse in the NRL!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

I think Proctor had every chance of grounding that ball so it should have been a penalty try. I still think the final score would have been 16-6 to the Kangaroos though.

Couldn't agree more but wouldn't it have been 16 - 8?

No, it's international rules, not "just make it up as you go along" rules.

I don't mind being wrong Ducky!

You really put it as subtly, and diplomatically as The Sun! ;)

That still doesn't mean he wouldn't have been able to get to the ball though, or did you mean that international rules don't have penalty tries? :biggrin:

Mind you it is funny having someone from downunder refering to International rules without the word rubbish somewhere in the sentence! :O

Penalty try means the try was not scored because of foul play by the defence. It's worth 4 pts + conversion attempt.

Possible 8-pt try occurs when there is foul play on the try-scorer while the try is being scored (try is scored, by normal definition) It's worth 4 points + conversion attempt + penalty goal attempt.

Archived