NRL Players off contract end of 2016

I like sam williams from the raiders,hes litterally half a yard off the pace in the NRL but could carve out a career in super league where you get that extra second on the ball..

And benji would go well here..he was in the sydney papers last week saying he might have to finish his career in reserve grade..nah come here,someone will have him

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like sam williams from the raiders,hes litterally half a yard off the pace in the NRL but could carve out a career in super league where you get that extra second on the ball..

And benji would go well here..he was in the sydney papers last week saying he might have to finish his career in reserve grade..nah come here,someone will have him

Is he the one who played for Catalans for a bit?

Not that impressed with the players out of contract I'd take Gillett but pretty sure the Broncos will tie him down and Brenko Lee but the rest are pretty ordinary. I'm sure a few will do a job in SL but that's about it.

Mitch Rein is unwanted by the Dragons, he would be outstanding for a super league club. Not sure if Hardaker will get a NRL contract and he has shown what he can do in super league. 2 lesser known names who I believe will thrive in the super league are Tautua Moga from the Cowboys and Kurt Capewell form the Sharks. Moga was the next big thing before injury hit him badly. He is stuck behind some quality players at the Cowboys and has all the attributes. Capewell is also stuck behind the Sharks pack but has been very impressive in limited first grade time. He could break out if given the oppurtunity

MANLY SEA EAGLES

Luke Burgess, Fabian Goodall, Nathan Green, Jayden Hodges, Isaac John, Liam Knight, Brenton Lawrence, Blake Leary, Feleti Mateo, Tony Satini, Josh Starling, Tom Symonds, Jorge Taufua, Brayden Wiliame

I'd keep Green, Liam Knight, Lawrence, Leary, Symonds and maybe Wiliame or Taufua but probably not both.

The rest are NSW Cup players. With Api Koroisau and Pita Godinet they don't need Jayden Hodges and Isaac John. Players like Lewis Brown and Jamie Buhrer give them a lot of flexibility. I think they're better off dropping all their fringe players and raiding some other clubs' 20s - the Sea Beagles own 20s are coming last.

tony santini apparently signing for widnes

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

tony santini apparently signing for widnes

Jeeze Satini is 23 and has only ever played one 1st team game, and that was 2 years ago. Even with both first choice centres out injured (Matai & Lyon) he can't even get any game time at Manly.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Jeeze Satini is 23 and has only ever played one 1st team game, and that was 2 years ago. Even with both first choice centres out injured (Matai & Lyon) he can't even get any game time at Manly.

he'll still be better than jordan turner

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

he'll still be better than jordan turner

Turner used to be a good centre before he put on too much bulk. Satini really is a 2nd rate player and a complete waste of a quota spot and cap space. 

If you wanted a 2nd rate foreigner we could have just given you Peyroux, no need to fly another one half way round the world.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

I hate it when people slate clubs for looking at Australia for signings. Its all well and good saying develop our own but when theres no structure in place they either make it by 19 or get binned off. Also with the current super 8s structure and the risk of relegation what are clubs supposed to do? Throw a young kid in who may not be physically ready to appease the do gooders, or look at players who have been in right structures who have played first grade NRL regardless of how many games they have played. Dont blame any club for signing a player they feel will improve their squad regardless of nationality. Take Leicester City for an example had anyone heard of Mahrez of Kante before they signed them? Just because an Aussie isnt a first grade superstar doesnt mean he cant be here

Archived