Featherstone Match

Supporter

yes they are shocking but every defeat for them and the ref gets the blame from their fans

So no one on here complains about the refs t4m ? how many match's have we lost this season due to the planks in the middle missing things, its happened a lot more this season I bet, I know we are not playing well but we are certainly not getting the 50/50 calls either.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So no one on here complains about the refs t4m ? how many match's have we lost this season due to the planks in the middle missing things, its happened a lot more this season I bet, I know we are not playing well but we are certainly not getting the 50/50 calls either.

yes they do and me included but not every game

To be fair t4m the standard of refs is shocking and both our teams never seem to get the rub of the green, I think the RFL are getting what they want, and that's both our teams down !!!!

To force a merger

So you think the RFL have instructed all referees to do the dirty on the Cumbrian teams so as to have them relegated and them force them to merge?

Or perhaps Workington and Whitehaven haven't been that good this season.

Which do you honestly think is more likely, lads?

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

Would the merger word be on the cards if Batley and Dewsbury were in the same position? Probably not. They are not reliant on a thriving amatuer league. They can easily pick up players anywhere from Oldham to Hull along the M62 with a much larger number of players

Its time the RFL had a proper development & sustainability strategy for the game in West Cumbria. Every time you look at the amatuer squads going on tour there is plenty of Cumbrian representation. The talent is there - it has to be developed.

Having Widnes running the academy just so they have first dibs on the players from the area is a disgrace, and look what happened to that. If nothing happens very shortly to give those players the opportunity to play RL they will be lost for good. The primary purpose of RL in West Cumbria isn't to provide an elite few for Super League academies, its to underpin the whole game kin the area.

Give the players, coaches and volunteers a purpose and opportunity and Cumbria will provide

Have to say as a huge haven fan tonight I have seen my last game the match tonight was an absolute disgrace the game of rugby league is becoming a farce and tonight I witness daylight robbery I'm not one for calling for refs heads but I have to admit that this last 5 weeks or so haven have had no luck at all with refs and 50/50 calls and seems the rfl don't want us in this league along with town and it's fast becoming obvious I've followed haven over 20 years and never seen anything like what I have witnessed I recent weeks I hope the rfl no what they are doing because the game up here has died batley tonight sounded like they had won a cup final when they won but teams don't seem to realise the help they receive from the officials. All the best tommorow town I feel u might need it also

Having not been able to get up to yesterday evening's game, I tuned in to Radio Cumbria instead.

I've previously found the RC commentary on your home games hugely biased, but Paul Crarey was very, very critical of your discipline throughout the game and agreed with virtually every decision the referee gave against you.

What I'm looking for is someone who can contribute to what England has given to the world: culture, sophistication, genius. A little bit more than an 'ot dog, know what I mean?

Bottom line is the RFL are that keen on trying to develop rugby league in areas where it'll never take off that they've lost sight of what's important.

It's not rugby union and it's not football so they're wasting their time.

Unfortunately I think it's too late to do anything about it.

Not sure if well have 17 today, with no jp in the squad, and perry out injured then its going to be another makeshift backline

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

So you think the RFL have instructed all referees to do the dirty on the Cumbrian teams so as to have them relegated and them force them to merge?

Or perhaps Workington and Whitehaven haven't been that good this season.

Which do you honestly think is more likely, lads?

After watching Mr sweet ref Both haven and town this season then yes I do think that

After watching Mr sweet ref Both haven and town this season then yes I do think that

Ah well. Nothing beats paranoia (apart from a good conspiracy theory).

Maybe - just maybe - Mr Sweet is as good a referee as Town and 'Haven are as RL teams.

No change at the bottom this afternoon:

Swinton 20..............15 points

Dewsbury 20...........14 points

Sheffield 20............12 points

Oldham 20..............12 points

Whitehaven 20........11 points

Workington 20..........5 points

The teams in the mix ( Home games in capitals):

Swinton 15 points: Oldham; Dewsbury; BATLEY

Dewsbury 14 points: Town; SWINTON; Leigh

Sheffield 12 points: London Broncos; LEIGH; Whitehaven

Oldham 12 points: SWINTON; Bradford; TOWN

Whitehaven 11 points: Bradford; Town; SHEFFIELD

Town 5 points: DEWSBURY; WHITEHAVEN; Oldham

I still think we can get 11 points before the second half of the competition, which, if the fixtures of the other teams in the bottom six go to expectations - fingers crossed that the teams in third and fourth bottom positions only manage 14 or 16 points - gives us a fighting chance to avoid the drop. The victory trio must start next week with Dewsbury. A defeat next week almost certainly closes the door!

Ah well. Nothing beats paranoia (apart from a good conspiracy theory).

Maybe - just maybe - Mr Sweet is as good a referee as Town and 'Haven are as RL teams.

jelly socks i don't think we are that far off the bottom half teams. Our problem is theres about 5 or 6 games where we have lost out in close games and thats the reason we are where we are.

jelly socks i don't think we are that far off the bottom half teams. Our problem is theres about 5 or 6 games where we have lost out in close games and thats the reason we are where we are.

OK. That may be a reasonable assessment. And you'll have lost out on those five to six games for a variety of reasons... mistakes by players, mistakes by the coach, and even mistakes by the officials. They are human too, believe it or not.

But to suggest (as others have) that this is all a RFL conspiracy to get West Cumbrian teams relegated is laughable.

You're being a tad naive there Surgical. If you had witnessed the performances of Sweet ( and others)  then human error wouldn't come close to excusing some of the outrageous-game changing decisions we have had to endure. Neither would it be the first time the mandarins at Red Hall had air-brushed a Cumbrian side out of a competition to suit their purposes. Back in our Super League days,when there was no period of grace, and the side finishing bottom were out,the season had neared it's conclusion with 3 sides locked in a dog-fight to avoid the drop-----Leeds, Paris St. Germain, and Town. Now how do you think Emperor Maurice Lindsay viewed that scenario?  Sure enough in a crucial game between Town and Leeds at D.P. a certain Karl Kirkpatrick was "entrusted" with refereeing the game. He had Tony Kay in the bin after 10 minutes for a non-existent infringement and a string of other unfathomable decisions produced the required outcome. Oh, and just prior to that game we had signed a couple of Aussies to bolster the squad but theRFLstepped in and vetoed the signings .Not only that but they diverted them to Paris!  I think you need to go and have another look at the Grassy Knoll Surgical. 

You're being a tad naive there Surgical. If you had witnessed the performances of Sweet ( and others)  then human error wouldn't come close to excusing some of the outrageous-game changing decisions we have had to endure. Neither would it be the first time the mandarins at Red Hall had air-brushed a Cumbrian side out of a competition to suit their purposes. Back in our Super League days,when there was no period of grace, and the side finishing bottom were out,the season had neared it's conclusion with 3 sides locked in a dog-fight to avoid the drop-----Leeds, Paris St. Germain, and Town. Now how do you think Emperor Maurice Lindsay viewed that scenario?  Sure enough in a crucial game between Town and Leeds at D.P. a certain Karl Kirkpatrick was "entrusted" with refereeing the game. He had Tony Kay in the bin after 10 minutes for a non-existent infringement and a string of other unfathomable decisions produced the required outcome. Oh, and just prior to that game we had signed a couple of Aussies to bolster the squad but theRFLstepped in and vetoed the signings .Not only that but they diverted them to Paris!  I think you need to go and have another look at the Grassy Knoll Surgical. 

Nice to see you back marra :)

Archived