Featherstone Match

Supporter

On another note,i see the haven have signed carl foster on an 18 month contract but is injued at the moment.I know we at town are not signing anyone of late nor loan signings because of no money,how do Whitehaven sign these players, and how can they afford to pay the lads from widnes,i do not think widnes would pay them whilst up at haven,we has a club are once again struggling for players due to injurys but surely to god we could afford to get players on loan or do the club want to go down to Div1?,we know that the standard of refferering has been very poor,but has rockerlad says, there might be a conspiracy to drop the two cumbrian clubs  into the lower division and then bring up the merger again,might be a long shot but you never know with this RFL,would not put anything past them people. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its simple theres no conspiracy, yeah the refs are poor, always have been, its just both our sides are very poor and honestly now if we both drop it will do us the world of good. I cant face another season of defeat after defeat to scrape in by the skin of our teeth.yeah well lose some players, but them players havent been able to hack the championship so are replaceable. Its above them that concerns me, from a poor coach to a board who arent able to keep the sinking ship afloat. If haven can manage to find players why cant we?

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

i don t for one minute think there is a conspiracy against the cumbrian clubs , but anyone who has attended town matches this season can probably say that in a handful of games , when the scores have been close , there has been a call against town , either a dodgy penalty or a 50/50 call that hasn t gone our way which the opposition have gone on to score the winning try off .yes the standard of refereeing in our league is poor , but those who think bad decisions even themselves up are supporting the biggest myth in sport ,for teams at the bottom they never do .i wish i could point to a game where we have robbed a team of a win this season , but sadly i can t .................on another topic , people on here have  asked about kris coward , does anyone know the true facts about his current situation ?

been told he has packed in at town,some of the players no it but not saying, and, no news from the club.I heard he had left from  a Whitehaven fan called bricky,he said he had left the club.

Rumblings vievers has walked. Any info?

Walked or pushed?

Can't see it myself with so many points to play for

Surf dudes with attitudes, (Kinda groovy), Laid back moods. Sky above, sand below (Good vibrations), Feelin' mellow. Won't give it up, Don't wanna stop....Don't wake me up, Don't wake me up if I'm dreamin', California dreams, Just let me lay here in the sun, Until my dream is done

The fans who travelled, had to come back on the players bus, due to thiers breaking down..

Nobody has said anything.

it was just a rumour. Cheers marra. Nips that in the bud.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

First time for a month since I've been on here due to an extended holiday.......OMG does it make depressing reading, I suppose it could have been worse we could have still had Townie on here telling us what we all know.

I was delighted when I found the Blackers game was being shown on my first day away but was wishing I hadn't seen it afterwards, we were simply appalling, An haven team of loanees and dual reg looked a class above us, they looked well drilled and we looked inept, it was so disappointing and depressing. I had bad vibes about the game when I heard Stack and Matty weren't playing, we just aren't the same side without Stack we just look rudderless without him.

So the injury situation has got no better and things are looking bleak, we need to win our next 3 games to have any chance of staying up, whatever happens in the coming weeks we all need to stay loyal and keep supporting them whatever division we're in, it's disappointing to here fans saying they will walk away if we are relegated.

Bearman made a good post on another thread where he asked why we think we are too good for Championship one, are we bigger and better than Barrow ?  Not on current attendances we aren't, they are probably getting more through the gate than last year which just goes to show that relegation isn't the doomsday scenario some make it out to be, I'm sure we would all rather watch the league we are in now, but someone has to go down and unfortunately it looks like us and one other. I wonder if Haven, Dewsbury, Sheffield, Swinton and Oldham fans are talking about walking away if they go down ?.....I doubt it.

Let's get behind them next week against Dewsbury and for the rest of the season, keep the faith and UP THE TOWN.

PS

I hope DTTRR hasn't thrown the towel in, I've always thought his posts were some of the best on here.

Thought we played especially in the second half, bomb 2-3 tries and they had a couple of soft ones! Looked a lot better and faster when Callum when to half with Forber

You're being a tad naive there Surgical. If you had witnessed the performances of Sweet ( and others)  then human error wouldn't come close to excusing some of the outrageous-game changing decisions we have had to endure. Neither would it be the first time the mandarins at Red Hall had air-brushed a Cumbrian side out of a competition to suit their purposes. Back in our Super League days,when there was no period of grace, and the side finishing bottom were out,the season had neared it's conclusion with 3 sides locked in a dog-fight to avoid the drop-----Leeds, Paris St. Germain, and Town. Now how do you think Emperor Maurice Lindsay viewed that scenario?  Sure enough in a crucial game between Town and Leeds at D.P. a certain Karl Kirkpatrick was "entrusted" with refereeing the game. He had Tony Kay in the bin after 10 minutes for a non-existent infringement and a string of other unfathomable decisions produced the required outcome. Oh, and just prior to that game we had signed a couple of Aussies to bolster the squad but theRFLstepped in and vetoed the signings .Not only that but they diverted them to Paris!  I think you need to go and have another look at the Grassy Knoll Surgical.

I'm detecting bitterness mixed in with paranoia and the old conspiracy theory.

Let it go - it's bad for your health and mental well-being.

Have you been away?

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

Any changes are worth a go because the facts are there 5 points 20 games. start Matty, doran can spell him, hopefully murphy back will release sammut to 6 & forber to miss out for me. We got 10 games against teams we can beat so all is not lost.

I'm detecting bitterness mixed in with paranoia and the old conspiracy theory.

Let it go - it's bad for your health and mental well-being.

Have you been away?

You sound like a Jilly Goulden wine tasting programme Surgical. Yes -got banged up for A.B.H. but I'm on parole for good behaviour. Thanks for asking. 

Always said he should play there.

I have made the observation on here many times that  we look far quicker when Callum is on the field, always a mystery why he gets so little game time when apparently fit?  One of PV's first tactical decisions was to move Callum to hooker, Only PV knows why? but it seems every pundit and commentator this season has observed that we look a much better side with Callum than without him, be it at 9 or 6 he needs lots of game time for me.

.......... it's disappointing to here fans saying they will walk away if we are relegated.

Bearman made a good post on another thread where he asked why we think we are too good for Championship one, ..

Let's get behind them next week against Dewsbury and for the rest of the season, keep the faith and UP THE TOWN.

I don’t think anyone has said we’re too good for championship 1, we just needed to work harder to stay out of it. The reason I will walk away is frustration with the seemingly amateurish and complacent way the Bod and Manager approached this season. From the very start we did not have a full squad, players with long term injury and/or joining late; certainly not one that could sustain any injuries and there has been little attempt to bolster the squad. It was great to get Sammut playing for us but I can’t believe the choice was half-back or a squad; take your pick? The frustrating thing is that a few more players and we could have been competitive.

The reality may be that our ambition and dreams are such that we are more comfortable just to be in Ch1 and thats our natural level, fair enough but then its probably not for me any more, we'll see. I will continue to support this bunch of players (whoever happens to be on the pitch) through to the end though as they’re battling away and who knows……

I don’t think anyone has said we’re too good for championship 1, we just needed to work harder to stay out of it. The reason I will walk away is frustration with the seemingly amateurish and complacent way the Bod and Manager approached this season. From the very start we did not have a full squad, players with long term injury and/or joining late; certainly not one that could sustain any injuries and there has been little attempt to bolster the squad. It was great to get Sammut playing for us but I can’t believe the choice was half-back or a squad; take your pick? The frustrating thing is that a few more players and we could have been competitive.

The reality may be that our ambition and dreams are such that we are more comfortable just to be in Ch1 and thats our natural level, fair enough but then its probably not for me any more, we'll see. I will continue to support this bunch of players (whoever happens to be on the pitch) through to the end though as they’re battling away and who knows……

Good post.

PS

I hope DTTRR hasn't thrown the towel in, I've always thought his posts were some of the best on here.

No still here Unicorn, but watching from a distance and joining in some of the other topics on other parts of this forum.

I've been keeping my council of late as I think my comments of genuine, grave concern in the way the club have operated this season have been misconceived by some as being continually negative and critical of the club, when all I've done is grow ever more frustrated at the direction the club is going, so its only fair that I don't comment on matchday forums in future unless I've attended the game.

It's got to the point where I was reading some of the blinkered 'keep the faith' comments on here and felt like throwing my lap top through the window in frustration as from where I'm sitting all I can see is a distinct lack of leadership coming from the BOD and a side which has no organisation or leadership still being coached by someone who should have been replaced months ago.

To that end I've decided I won't be attending anymore matches while the current coaching team are still in charge, the reasons being, that I'm not enjoying watching the matches as all I see at present is a club I've spent all my life following going down the swanny.

Unfortunately the local amateur scene is going the same way, so unless someone at the RFL, Workington, Whitehaven and Barrow, get round a table with the local amateur clubs and management and start working together for the greater good, then within 2 years there will be little to no amateur RL around here which will have a knock on effect with the professional clubs.

The cracks are already there and widening - so this isn't a rash statement either

I don't think there is an RFL conspiracy against west Cumbria, but I think the only way they will do anything for the game up here is with the M word

Stay as 2 separate teams and the RFL will sit back

Archived