Brexit the positive thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did Cameron not say that in the run up to the referendum?

You'll be suggesting next that Leave said Brexit could be done quickly and easily.

STOP MOVING THE GOALPOSTS.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Don't let it stop you getting on with your life please

I find it odd that we while away our time discussing all sorts of things on here, yet for some we are not supposed to talk about this. 

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

I find it odd that we while away our time discussing all sorts of things on here, yet for some we are not supposed to talk about this.

Because to talk about Brexit is to realise that beyond "leave the EU" it means nothing.

You could replace the EU with direct rule from Beijing and you've satisfied the "mandate".

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I saw you shunting those goalposts!

Except that wasn't the case.  The predictions were about the impact of the vote.  At least that was the case for the doom and gloom predictions.

Suddenly all the predictions were about the vote and not about leaving the EU?  Are you sure?

So far the impact of the vote has been a drop in the value of the pound, an injection of cash to keep the economy stable during the uncertainty.

I am pretty sure most people favouring Remain (myself included) were generally considering the impact of leaving the EU.  Saying otherwise is rather dishonest and moving the goal posts.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Honda have decided to reduce its dependence on the continent and has decided that it's new Civic model will be built in Swindon which will be it's global manufacturing hub. The strategy will be to increase the percentage of worldwide production from 10% to 40% in Swindon.

The decision was made before the Brexit vote but has now been ratified despite the vote.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Of course you can discuss it, sorry if I gave the impression for it not to be discussed but certain one line comments are a bit tedious and repetetive (not yours btw) and hardly add anything new.

Caught by a feckin speed camera. try these I did and it saved me a heap o money and penalty points.

Wrong thread then.

I would suggest lack of negative can be included as a positive.  Certainly, had they decided to withdraw it would have belonged on the other thread.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Wrong thread then.

No, it shows that the decision was finalised after the vote and the point made by remainers that Brexit would see investment by foreign companies cease was just scaremongering.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Now where to put this announcement that the EU will commit to free WiFi and mobile data from 2020.  I guess it's positive for Brexit because it means the EU will have less area to cover ...

I would suggest lack of negative can be included as a positive.  Certainly, had they decided to withdraw it would have belonged on the other thread.

Perhaps we need an as you were chaps, status que thread to cover the middle ground!

Now where to put this announcement that the EU will commit to free WiFi and mobile data from 2020.  I guess it's positive for Brexit because it means the EU will have less area to cover ...

How will they fund it?  They have to find money to fill the £8.5 billion hole in the budget the UK's exit leaves.  I can't imagine how they will fund WiFi and mobile data because someone will have to pay for it. 

How will they fund it? They have to find money to fill the £8.5 billion hole in the budget the UK's exit leaves. I can't imagine how they will fund WiFi and mobile data because someone will have to pay for it.

Seems to be more of an ambition than a firm plan at this stage with only a €120m spend, which is not much really: European Commission plans free wi-fi in public spaces

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

How will they fund it?  They have to find money to fill the £8.5 billion hole in the budget the UK's exit leaves.  I can't imagine how they will fund WiFi and mobile data because someone will have to pay for it. 

You can't imagine how they will fund it ... therefore it must be impossible.

How will they fund it? They have to find money to fill the £8.5 billion hole in the budget the UK's exit leaves. I can't imagine how they will fund WiFi and mobile data because someone will have to pay for it.

I don't think they will worry about funding it the eu wage bill is a nine figure sum each month. Maybe they should close down Strasbourg as a base.

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

You can't imagine how they will fund it ... therefore it must be impossible.

I wasn't aware that 'I can't imagine' means the same as 'must be impossible'.  I think you have just rewritten some rules of the English language.

No matter.  I don't care how the EU funds its desperate attempts to rescue itself from implosion just so long as British taxpayers' money isn't involved.  However, I would imagine - ooh look, that phrase again! - that it would be a more responsible use of EU citizens' taxpayers' money if those in power spent the equivalent on, say, helping to ease the terrible youth unemployment in Spain and Greece for example.

I wasn't aware that 'I can't imagine' means the same as 'must be impossible'.  I think you have just rewritten some rules of the English language.

No matter.  I don't care how the EU funds its desperate attempts to rescue itself from implosion just so long as British taxpayers' money isn't involved.  However, I would imagine - ooh look, that phrase again! - that it would be a more responsible use of EU citizens' taxpayers' money if those in power spent the equivalent on, say, helping to ease the terrible youth unemployment in Spain and Greece for example.

Yes, I can't imagine how investing in comprehensive WiFi coverage would do anything to support businesses or communities.

Yes, I can't imagine how investing in comprehensive WiFi coverage would do anything to support businesses or communities.

Providing free WiFi across the "Northern Powerhouse" would be a far better use of money than HS2 - Get on the case, Gideon! 

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Archived