Club running risk of losing players?

christheram

Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we look almost certain to lose 4 or 5. Farrel (Batley-10k more signing on fee) Grant( FT contract with London) Grady( Fax, Fev or Toronto??) Groat ( FT club??? Bradford??) Morton (Fev aparantly???) On top of this Heppy and Jackson will retire. Certainly need some quality replacements.... Walshaw perminantly to replace Grady??? Stringer resigning is surely a must too?? Also York have gone bust, any decent players we could get there???

How do you rate Grady?

How do you rate Grady?

Normally by watching and comparing him with other players. How do you do it?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

My sensible answer is that Grady has been one of the better centres playing in the Championship over recent years. Like many players he has been picking up more injuries of late but still has a good few years left in him.

I had heard that he was wanting to move West, so I don't know if the Shay would be far enough.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

You know some people can't resist the obvious ... no matter how obvious!!! .. I wondered who would be the first!!!

Genuine true story.... i was at grimrthorpe pfbc project working as an accountany with british long (ling before career change).... the then rather cumbersome server went down so i reported it to compower at cannock... to a bloke called mike hunt.....

Now, as my humour chip is stuck at aged 15... you can imagine my sentiment....

Im a nurse now and my humour is no better...

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

My sensible answer is that Grady has been one of the better centres playing in the Championship over recent years. Like many players he has been picking up more injuries of late but still has a good few years left in him.

I had heard that he was wanting to move West, so I don't know if the Shay would be far enough.

i heard east last night....

BUT..... its the silly season when we all engage in this sh it.... i actually find the rumour mill a hoot.... never ceases to entertain me year after year....

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

i heard east last night....

BUT..... its the silly season when we all engage in this sh it.... i actually find the rumour mill a hoot.... never ceases to entertain me year after year....

Travelling is one issue with Grady. At one time we had about five players who lived west of the Pennines and they used to travel together which eased the journey to training. Now I think it is just Grady and the Adamson brothers, none of whom are sure to be with us next year, and the M62 isn't the greatest road to use four times a week after a day's work.

Trust me Grahan i go the gym were i go

Bit early to be hitting the moonshine Jim bob!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Rumour I'm picking up is that you've signed a couple out of retirement :friends:  and three or four young'uns who have seen a rugby ball in a shop window for next season  :download:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

Don't worry Graham your pit bull will be back soon he'll chase me off ;)

Rumour I'm picking up is that you've signed a couple out of retirement :friends:  and three or four young'uns who have seen a rugby ball in a shop window for next season  :download:

What are you picking these rumours up on PM, your own personal antennae or is it illumination that comes to you late at night?

No ex-retirees coming our way I'm sure but a couple of our existing players ARE retiring. I suspect that your source got a bit mixed up - more lemonade needed next time.

What are you picking these rumours up on PM, your own personal antennae or is it illumination that comes to you late at night?

I have to do something while I'm shut in that cupboard under the stairs!

Good to see James Glover announcing on Facebook his pleasure at signing with us for another two years. I reckon he has a lot of potential if he can stay injury free.

Perhaps Matt Groat prefers to bring his young child up in Australia?

Can't think why. Dangerous place is Australia - unlike the safe, secure and pleasant environs of Dewsbury town centre.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Attention Netherton Ram - thanks for creating the retained/ released/moved on lit for us. If I remember correctly Guzdek, Teanby and Crookes were signed on for two years so will be with us in 2017 also.

By the way well done for taking on the moderator role (and you TONO). A thankless task but it keeps this forum alive, so thanks.  :drinks:

Archived