Team for Bradford

roughyed34

I think we should move on quickly.  Forget it happened.

There is a heat wave down here this week, lets focus on that!  :-)

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

One word embarrassing 

chappy

Don't panic, Bradford were awesome today, according to their supporters the best performance of the season. Embarrassing? Not at all, well not for the fans who travelled and sang to the end for our lads. Nothing went right today, Sammy got a bad injury,we tried and tried but met a clinical and on form side today. No complaints from me. I'm never embarrassed to be a Roughyed and the reaction from Bradford's supporters wasn't mocking,but appreciation that we are a good side,but today was their day. Criticise as much as you want but that today was not embarrassing, it was actually good rugby league played on and off the pitch in mostly the best spirit. Bradford proved their class and our lads gave everything.

No I know your not pal, it was a bad day all round tbh. I just don't like people using "embarrassing" when referring to players who give everything they have in our shirt. Beaten by a faster,stronger side who could do nothing wrong today. We go again next week, hopefully a win to consolidate our position in the Championship. Up the Yeds!

Don't panic, Bradford were awesome today, according to their supporters the best performance of the season. Embarrassing? Not at all, well not for the fans who travelled and sang to the end for our lads. Nothing went right today, Sammy got a bad injury,we tried and tried but met a clinical and on form side today. No complaints from me. I'm never embarrassed to be a Roughyed and the reaction from Bradford's supporters wasn't mocking,but appreciation that we are a good side,but today was their day. Criticise as much as you want but that today was not embarrassing, it was actually good rugby league played on and off the pitch in mostly the best spirit. Bradford proved their class and our lads gave everything.

You have got to be joking this has got to be the most embarrassing defeat in the history of Oldham rugby league. It's a total disgrace. Did we turn up, every member of the team and coaching staff should be fully embarrassed.. Paying good money to watch this I don't think so..

No I'm not joking, were you there? Bet you won't be embarrassed when we stay up though. Typical reaction from a "fan", your last comment is laughable, guess you don't pay to watch when we win either. Ask the Oldham fans who were there today if they were embarrassed, the answer will be no. Beaten by a full time,stronger side who were ruthless. Oldham fans there appreciated that Bradford were on fire and could do no wrong. The lads took the field no doubt not expecting to be walloped but they played and tried to the end. I'm glad you find the efforts of the players who play part time and put their bodies on the line embarrassing, ask Sammy Gee who was badly hurt today playing in our shirt if its a disgrace for even taking the field. Unlike some I appreciate the effort our lads put in after a weeks work and at the end of that wear our shirt with pride. See you at Bower Fold on Bank Holiday Monday.

Days like today are tough to take.  82 to 0 is a big margin and I have my usual sulk on but I'm by no means disheartened.   The proverbial happens from time to time and you've just got to shrug your shoulders and move on.

A full time team with resources way in advance of our own were taking on one of the divisions new boys having already played and beaten them twice this season.  They knew what to expect and dealt with us accordingly.  

Next week, if Halifax go to Whitehaven and win, Swinton beat Workington at home and we do the treble over full time Sheffield, all possible results, we will be mathematically safe.  Lets put today (my birthday too) behind us and look forward to an opportunity next week to prove the doubters wrong and consolidate our place in the Championship.

I am one proud Roughyed.

Colin Raistrick, a Bulls fan, on Facebook:

Had the pleasure of standing with some of your loyal fans this afternoon great banter and a bloody good laugh,they never stopped singing looking forward to seeing them again next season.ps sorry about the result.

That is what this is all about.  

No I'm not joking, were you there? Bet you won't be embarrassed when we stay up though. Typical reaction from a "fan", your last comment is laughable, guess you don't pay to watch when we win either. Ask the Oldham fans who were there today if they were embarrassed, the answer will be no. Beaten by a full time,stronger side who were ruthless. Oldham fans there appreciated that Bradford were on fire and could do no wrong. The lads took the field no doubt not expecting to be walloped but they played and tried to the end. I'm glad you find the efforts of the players who play part time and put their bodies on the line embarrassing, ask Sammy Gee who was badly hurt today playing in our shirt if its a disgrace for even taking the field. Unlike some I appreciate the effort our lads put in after a weeks work and at the end of that wear our shirt with pride. See you at Bower Fold on Bank Holiday Monday.

You are talking b--locks the result is a disgrace, St Anne's.Mayfield or Saddleworth would have performed better. there is no excuse for a result like today.

Can we all just put this one behind us now?.Next weeks match is the biggy now.The defeat to bulls expected, the scoreline a shock to some(me included). Next week's game against Sheffield is a massive one.With all the problems they've been having they will be very dangerous. They probably feel agrieved and have a point to prove.The bulls game needs to be put in a box and left there.This is really the wrong stage of the season to be divided, let's get together on bank holiday Monday,get behind the team and shout and scream the place down. We can still do this!.Let's all of us spare a thought for Sam Gee and hope he's OK. I'm sure it'll be in the news tomorrow.My son and I will be there on Monday along with our fellow roughyeds.Come on boys!!!!.

Higgy i understand the disappointment but lets be honest today wasn't the war but just a battle. If you've seen anything of our lads you'll know and respect their pride for Club and Shirt. Today was an embarrassing defeat as far as the score shows but we need to consider how battered our lads bodies really are. So proud of our boys and can't wait to be playing in the Championship next year because of their efforts. One Proud Roughyed. 

Anyone know why Gary Middlehurst was sin binned when we nearly scored?

Also thought the ref should have stopped the game when Sammy sustained his serious injury.........A minute later and Bradford scored. Any news on Sammy G? Hope he's ok.

According to Facebook it's a possible broken ankle. And middle hurst was sin binned for dissent.

Archived