Who's staying and who's going?

bobg

Town made dion a very good offer a couple of months bk then he signed a very good contract off us whether it's void or not with relegation who knows what I heard today it appears all contracts are void at both clubs

i think they are mate, but i was told a bit back it affected his visa switching clubs and was more hassle than its worth.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont think anyone hates Toronto , I dont hate them , its the whole thing about the RFL and their attitude towards faithful old school rugby league outposts such as west cumbria and the proud historical pro clubs we have here getting overlooked whilst their full attention and backing and muscle is on new teams such as toulouse and toronto etc , thats my reason for hoping clubs all do their best to beat them and try to get in the championship themselves on their own merits and with less backing and support from red hall

My point is they havn't leapfrogged up the leagues with a franchise.

They are starting at the bottom with is as it should be. If they have money to burn then lucky them!

The only downside is if/when they fold and create negative publicity.

Stack wont go to barrow as he is waiting for a testemonial isent he,

Don't be so sure. I would be bitterly disappointed if he did leave, a great player for Town but a bit of loyalty wouldn't go a miss now the chips are down.  

Or is it all about cash?

Always have been always will be the pride of West Cumbria!

Don't be so sure. I would be bitterly disappointed if he did leave, a great player for Town but a bit of loyalty wouldn't go a miss now the chips are down.  

Or is it all about cash?

Jarred hasn't featured much at the business end of this season -whether that was down to injury/work commitments ,or a combination of both I can't say but to question his loyalty after what he's done for Town over the years is disgraceful . As for cash -it's a very short career in our game and if there's money on the table at the twilight of a player's time in a shirt then he would be a fool to turn it down. 

Jarred hasn't featured much at the business end of this season -whether that was down to injury/work commitments ,or a combination of both I can't say but to question his loyalty after what he's done for Town over the years is disgraceful . As for cash -it's a very short career in our game and if there's money on the table at the twilight of a player's time in a shirt then he would be a fool to turn it down. 

I will question his loyalty if he joins Barrow because then he won't be loyal!

I'm a Workington Town fan and I want our best players to stay loyal.

Short career garbage - are you a players agent or something? I'm one of Jarrods biggest fans but i would still be very disapointed if he left us in our hour of need.

UTT 

Short career garbage - are you a players agent or something? I'm one of Jarrods biggest fans but i would still be very disapointed if he left us in our hour of need.

UTT

Based on the number of games he played this year would you be that upset if he left and the club used the funds elsewhere ? I know he is a legend in these parts but sometime you have to move on

UTT

So if you got offered a job in Barrow for the same money you're on now you'd take it ? With all the travelling involved ? We all hope he stays at Town because he's been immense for us over the years but nobody could blame him for taking an offer closer to home if it happens.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

if Barrow stay in champ 1 then i cant see any real pull for the players that live and work in the Town areas , the travelling wouldnt be worth it and then theres the possibility of being a squad player in a large Barrow squad who like to give their reserves and locals game time too .

So if you got offered a job in Barrow for the same money you're on now you'd take it ? With all the travelling involved ? We all hope he stays at Town because he's been immense for us over the years but nobody could blame him for taking an offer closer to home if it happens.

This is always the argument in these situations but I don't think it's relevant as Rugby isn't his main job. I agree he's been immense for us and I want him to continue to be immense for us and not Barrow.

This is always the argument in these situations but I don't think it's relevant as Rugby isn't his main job. I agree he's been immense for us and I want him to continue to be immense for us and not Barrow.

It is relevant. The players will be on peanuts next season and it's a big ask to expect a player to travel up 2 or 3 times a week. The flip side is West Cumbrians are unlikely to want to do it in reverse. As for loyalty well I know for a fact that Stacky could have left Town on at least 2 occasions for way more than we were paying him (Leigh wanted him last year for example) but chose to stay at Town.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

It is relevant. The players will be on peanuts next season and it's a big ask to expect a player to travel up 2 or 3 times a week. The flip side is West Cumbrians are unlikely to want to do it in reverse. As for loyalty well I know for a fact that Stacky could have left Town on at least 2 occasions for way more than we were paying him (Leigh wanted him last year for example) but chose to stay at Town.

but the signing bonuses wont be peanuts from our new investors

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

if Barrow stay in champ 1 then i cant see any real pull for the players that live and work in the Town areas , the travelling wouldnt be worth it and then theres the possibility of being a squad player in a large Barrow squad who like to give their reserves and locals game time too .

Apart from the fact they might have more than 10players training together more than once a week I would agree

If Stack had gone to Leigh he would have had to give his job at Sellafield up though. Therefore overall he would have been on less money. Even if Leigh covered both of his incomes he would have lost the opportunity of a career after his playing days are over. 

Eveything is pure rumour at the moment. If players are moving on then they're moving on. There WILL be some staying and the club will build around them and move forward. No player is bigger than the club. I am sure official news won't be far off now.

but the signing bonuses wont be peanuts from our new investors

I really hope these anonymous bankrollers have deep pockets because we'll be receiving buttons from central funding. Amongst all the conjecture over who stays and who goes I would like to think that Carl Forber will still be here and can be persuaded to reprise his illustrious place kicking role . On the subject of loyalty I think Buffer scores as high as anybody. 

I think the crux of the matter is probably a combination of many things including poor management, poor coaching by a coach who has got poor people skills and clear favourites which he showed when he named 6/7 lads as warriors including latu after the last game, no need to single out and name anyone as the squad was put under immense pressure.Add to that a terrible run of injuries which crippled us. Losing Brett , callum and Mattinson were massive blows going into and during the 8s. I agree with GETEMONSIDE also that the players should show more loyalty and have a sense of realism, ask for fair wages for this league and should be stick together for next season to help the club get back on track, I'm sure that the club didn't take the decision to cut pay lightly but Town has been good to these lads previously and it's an opportunity to regroup. The argument keeps getting cast saying we didn't have a squad but imagine if Phil Vievers had got his wish and pushed the board into getting us 30 players, when the sponsorship money fell through we would have been even more in the s### so you could say that was good management by the club to not spend what they didn't have , we all thought the the signing of Sammut would lead us to mid table safety, better crowds and anyone who foreseen our demise is talking rubbish. Also Seaton Sandy just because people don't agree with you from time to time doesn't mean they dont share a love for Town, it's a forum after all. It's just opinions. We all want to see Town come back fighting......UTT.

It's alright uncovering them, but look how PV treated Sam & Tee despite every one crying for their inclusion. It was only because of injuries they got a run in the team.

This is mainly because Phil hails from SL clubs and coaching , the SL clubs treat most youngsters in the same way when they are joining the squad from the academy's , the big shame is Sam and Tee are very much Championship material and every bit as good as any academy players on DR around the Championship clubs and should not have been stood aside for others 

Archived