Whitebank in 2017

RoughyedsMad

Unfortunately attendances have waned across all levels of Rugby League so I hardly think the Yeds move to BF has caused a mass exodus to Leeds or Wigan. I rather believe there are a vocal few on here who would find any reason not to support the team regardless of their home!

The shame is that BF is by far the best venue we've had since sheddings and we have a great coach and team to get behind........the stay aways are already missing out!

Keep up the good work Oldham RLFC, it's great to see the progress being made!

Why on earth would I want to go and watch Leeds or Wigan? I support Oldham, always have always will. Through good and bad times and if that means travelling around 2 miles out of Oldham then so be it! I don't understand the mentality of watching another team just because things aren't currently going the way you want them to. Oh Oldham have lost 3 games in a row I'm off to watch Wigan. Ridiculous

Why on earth would I want to go and watch Leeds or Wigan? I support Oldham, always have always will. Through good and bad times and if that means travelling around 2 miles out of Oldham then so be it! I don't understand the mentality of watching another team just because things aren't currently going the way you want them to. Oh Oldham have lost 3 games in a row I'm off to watch Wigan. Ridiculous

Took the words out of my mouth.A very strange way of looking at things Roughyedz.

I think that the same thing has happened to latics people of Oldham go and watch utd or city these days, this is the best Oldham team since the Ford days, I want to exclude the old club, I may not agree with ch but the guys on the pitch that put the effort in.

A majority of a season away makes you look. Pass the negatives because the club isn't ch its the players the fans and the sponsors and ch facilitates it

Roughyedz. If your statement about Oldham people want blah blah is true, how come more people didn't turn out at Whitebank then seeing as it fits your criteria? The ground wasn't exactly great but it was an Oldham team playing in Oldham.

when i said playing in Oldham i didnt mean in a S*** Tip ..............lol .............

At least at Sheddings there was a modicum of comfort ............ ;)

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

Roughyedz mate,Watersheddings has gone mate.Sadly that is the situation and unfortunately there simply doesn't seem to be the financial clout to establish a new stadium. Yes whitebank is in Oldham but isn't fit for purpose, Bower Fold for me has a great atmosphere on a match day and I suppose we should thank stalybridge celtic for being good landlords. White bank will always have a special place with the fans as it provided the venue for our promotion to the championship. I think we should all embrace what we have in this great team as we've been waiting long enough for it.

LOl ........... Why is it do you think that the crowds are at the level they are even though the team has been relatively successful over last 2 or 3 years ?????????? People from Oldham want to see a team from Oldham Playing in Oldham, otherwise as several people have already said on here if you are travelling out of town you might as well go to Leeds or Wigan to name but two to watch a match ! ! ! 

I'm having a little smile thinking about my trips up to Whitebank or Bower Fold. Still the Woodhead Pass is really attractive on my way  ;)

Archived