New Bath Rugby League Club - Recruiting Now, first session Monday 6th March 2017 @ Chippenham RFC, 7pm

Exciting times for Rugby League in the West of England and more specifically Bath and surrounding area:
- recruiting now ahead of the 2017 season
- attend our debut pre-season training session
- we have secured a place in the West of England League
- we have signed an agreement to play and train at Chippenham RFC for the 2017 season
- new personnel

For further updates on the 2017 season and beyond, please come down to Chippenham RFC on Monday 6th March 2017, 7pm

Please like & share this poster! 1f3c9.png?

Twitter: @BathRugbyLeague

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BathRugbyLeague

Promo open training poster - Monday 6th March 2017 Jpeg.jpg

Great stuff and hope all goes well.

But I hope you realise you're not supposed to like TGG in Bath, it's reserved for Northerners who are the only ones to see its good points.:D

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

Brilliant, am absolutely delighted.

Being a Batheaston resident I'd say this is pushing the 'Bath' moniker a little though!

Both Bath City FC and the Rugby Union club are looking to redevelop grounds and getting to use those in the summer would be a fantastic target. The Union club shouldn't be too antagonistic knowing a lot of the people involved but might not necessarily see much benefit either. Then again the ground is on trust land so at least playing on it in the summer without necessarily using all the facilities might not be too tough. Bath City might even fancy a semi pro League club at some point to make better use of the stadium so you should consider engage in with them I suggest. 

Well done!

Congratulations to Bath Rugby League, and let's hope they do well in their build. 

It's great to see new clubs coming in, and it is the way the game needs to go. I hope the RFL don't abandon you when you are established like they have done with so many other community clubs this year.

Unless you have an RFL man on the inside, you may not get much support.

13 hours ago, Oxford said:

Great stuff and hope all goes well.

But I hope you realise you're not supposed to like TGG in Bath, it's reserved for Northerners who are the only ones to see its good points.:D

Thanks for the positive comments Oxford, we aim to 'convert' the Bath region to TGG, just needs a kick-start to inspire and influence :)

10 hours ago, Mushy said:

Brilliant, am absolutely delighted.

Being a Batheaston resident I'd say this is pushing the 'Bath' moniker a little though!

Both Bath City FC and the Rugby Union club are looking to redevelop grounds and getting to use those in the summer would be a fantastic target. The Union club shouldn't be too antagonistic knowing a lot of the people involved but might not necessarily see much benefit either. Then again the ground is on trust land so at least playing on it in the summer without necessarily using all the facilities might not be too tough. Bath City might even fancy a semi pro League club at some point to make better use of the stadium so you should consider engage in with them I suggest. 

Well done!

Hi Mushy,

In the medium to long term vision for the club we would certainly be interested in getting into the heart of Bath at a major sporting venue either the football or the rugby league and ultimately bid for a semi professional status at some point in the next few years but lets see how it goes, in the short term we hope to under promise and over deliver.

Do you have any contacts?

Thank you

On 27/02/2017 at 6:07 PM, damp squib said:

Are the Bath & Wiltshire Romans still going? Could build up a healthy rivalry in a few years!

Yes they're still going and, apparently, there is an unhealthy hatred between the two teams due to a split which I actually don't know anything about apart from the fact its happened. 

2014 Challenged Cup Winner

Archived