Batley sunday

Batley Bob

What is the biggest problem position in your opinions? Hooker? he surely is the person that can dictate the game along with the halfbacks but I do think that the two halves are actually pretty decent if the forwards do their jobs and get them up the right end of the pitch. It has been one man rugby all season but for me our pack doesn't make the required yardage to start with so we are constantly on the back foot.

The occasions this season when we have give the ball some width we have really threatened teams and often scored. Though in this league we must make damn sure pressure turns into points more regularly.  

I reckon that's the worst we've played under Naylor in four years. First half was horrendous.  We played with no aggression what so ever and rightly got battered. Clay was excellent but the rest were either poor and anonymous.

Batley were excellent in defence at the start whilst we had the ball and then as soon as they got it scored a cracking try and never looked back. Cut us to ribbons at times out wide especially down the left with Smeaton destroying Egodo.

Let's all calm down a minute here boys,take away today's game and the hull kr game and we could and should have won the rest of the games we have played in the league this season. I have total faith in Nobby and the boys, today's defeat could be a kick up the backside some of our lads need just to remind them that this league is unforgiving if you don't turn up with your game head on. We will stay up in my opinion. Have faith gentlemen, UP THE YEDS

I still think you will be alright, and don't forget we have to come to your ground and as you proved last season your no slouches there.

It was good to see a game in the sun and on a dry firm pitch.

Cheers Roger(Batley fan). 

TBH I liked the look of that lad at hooker for you, is his name Owen? Anyway,I thought he looked pretty sharp, Tyson also looked dangerous until that hit from Cowling knocked the wind out of his sails, but your HB's didn't create anything, however nobody was running off them much either.

We had Leatherbarrow a couple of years back, and he was the same for us, lacks pace and doesn't attempt to take the line on. His short kicking game is generally pretty good but his long kicking isn't strong enough to get many 40 20's. We were all really shocked when London signed him as he didn't really shine for us. 

BEst of luck for the rest of the season.

Archived