Hull K R v Batley

Batley Bob

I get the feeling it'll be groundhog day when Hull HR reach the middle 8's.......put in their place by the super duper league...

IMO of course.....

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Was Rowey injured or dropped? Getting a bit concerned that we can't put a settled squad out. Hope we're not swapping for swapping's sake. I've said it before, so it's not a knee-jerk reaction, that Patch is no longer quick enough at half-back and I also said previously that we were short on cover there. So when our stand off is out why is Holmes subbing at hooker when he would be better picked at 6? We are constantly coming up short in the bigger games, lost 4 by a chunk when even in our struggle season we rarely got tonked. Is this transition to flash rugby worth those defeats?

I like how we are going. If you're thinking Patch isn't good enough anymore phildog you clearly was not at the game last week.I expected a big defeat away at Hull KR. They are full time and will top our division comfortably.

Holmes in my opinion has performed better at 9 when he has been on so far this season so I don't feel he would be better picked at 6 based on what I have seen this season.

Yes we have lost 4 games so far this season and 3 of them were away and all against top 4 contenders.

Holmes is a tough one to play really as a 6 is he better than Patch .....debatable 

As a 9 is he any better than Davey and Leak IMO probably not !

He didn't play last week and we played some good rugby I also know we weren't playing HKR then !

Just now, Bullyboy said:

We need someone on the park Dictating play / A organiser / someone to grab the game by the scruff of the neck we don't have that player and we don't have Anyone trying to be that player 

It's exactly what Walker and Brambani did for us all last season!

I wasn't there yesterday so cannot say with any authority, but perhaps HKR were just better than us. Still a disappointing result nonetheless.

Against Toulouse and Featherstone, and to a lesser extent, Bradford, we were dominated in the forwards, so not much room for the half-backs to manoeuvre. 

5 minutes ago, distantdog said:

It's exactly what Walker and Brambani did for us all last season!

I wasn't there yesterday so cannot say with any authority, but perhaps HKR were just better than us. Still a disappointing result nonetheless.

Against Toulouse and Featherstone, and to a lesser extent, Bradford, we were dominated in the forwards, so not much room for the half-backs to manoeuvre. 

i agree with you sir

yep me too, we try to find so much wrong when were not winning every game, were going to do ok and dom does ok in the dictating of what he wants along with a few other players who you can hear barking what they want on the pitch, you cant grab the game much more than tom does when he come onto ball. dont forget we aint that far off for a new coaching setup and any  top 6 place will do me fine,:aggressive:

All the talk on here has been about lack of creativity. That in my opinion was not the case at HKR . We made half openings but did not have the pace to go through them. I would say the loss of Keegan Hirst has had more of a effect on the team as our front row is not making the inroads we were last season. Good to see Brown back he has the mischief and strength to cause problems.

16 hours ago, greavesy said:

All the talk on here has been about lack of creativity. That in my opinion was not the case at HKR . We made half openings but did not have the pace to go through them. I would say the loss of Keegan Hirst has had more of a effect on the team as our front row is not making the inroads we were last season. Good to see Brown back he has the mischief and strength to cause problems.

agree  we miss keegan more than anyone great player

BTW, no highlights posted this week? Also, never said Patch wasn't good enough anymore, just that he wasn't quick enough at stand-off. We need sniping, niggling darts at the line which Holmes and Southernwood can provide, Patch is our pack mobiliser,  leading into positions on attack.

24 minutes ago, phildog said:

BTW, no highlights posted this week? Also, never said Patch wasn't good enough anymore, just that he wasn't quick enough at stand-off. We need sniping, niggling darts at the line which Holmes and Southernwood can provide, Patch is our pack mobiliser,  leading into positions on attack.

I notice that highlights were available on the HKR site but were behind a paywall. Perhaps they have to give permission for any filming taken on their ground! Didn't the guy who often periscopes for us say that their stewards had stopped him from doing that?

Do we have a right to see highlights every week?

IIRC, I'm sure that there where highlights when Batley played them in the middle 8's last year, if that's the case about not allowing filming then recipicate and don't allow them to video apart from the official one for the RFL.

I believe that for anyone to film or take photographs of any match under RFL jurisdiction they have to have permission both from the RFL and the home club.  I would imagine that unless the applicant was a professional/authorised photographer that permission would not be granted.  This is the same as persons filming incidents at football matches on their mobile phones are prevented from doing so - if the stewards are up to their job.

This is true, but usually only acted upon with proffessional recording equipment etc not a mobile phone. Last time I checked (a few years all be it, you can't copyright a live event, and streaming (periscope) is legal in the uk) having said all that, I pay money for me and my family to go, so I'm not gonna be arguing with stewards.  Just a little petty in reality.

Spot on Bullyboy.

I'm sure that BISSA or who ever does it for them up at the Mount will be fully sanctioned otherwise they could not do the video's that we can buy, so I still say ban them from videoing.

Archived