Town V Haven predictions.

town4me

Watched a few games recently but mostly Allerdale teams against Copeland teams, a couple of the Allerdale players did look a bit big and very fast for there size now you come to speak about it, 

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For geriatrics like myself this latest thread is a bit dark. Are the amateurs not subject to scrutiny like the full time and semi pro players? I am aware that in recent times the jam had to pull out of a signing because of a lad's drug misuse but some posters on here seem to be implying that there is a more general problem?   Back in my day I did know a couple of lads who needed a bottle of sherry before they took to the field but we appear to have moved to a stranger era.  

I'd just like to see those behind some of these recent comments sign off with their full names so we know they are not just facetious comments or confidences betrayed behind cosy monikers ?

1 hour ago, Sticklebricks said:

Is that knowledge or guesswork marra???

I'd say guesswork .

PhilJoseph put on Facebook that he was looking forward to get back with his teammates & it wouldn't be long. With a 3 week gap he'll be back without missing too many games. Also told by a player last week that before he got injured that Phil wants to be on the pitch as much as possible to improve his fitness. Not the actions of a person who's going through the motions. Let's get behind him eh. This guy's played a lot of games just about every year so we've been unlucky. 

Trump said first thing he was going to do was to get rid of obamacare ..... all I'm saying is don't believe everything you have read. From what I heard from 2 of the players was that he was already fit enough, I hope I'm wrong but just a hunch

21 minutes ago, GMcKeating said:

Hi Holdy. You appear to have a lot of hunches and 'heard froms'

I've held back a little bit from commenting on this thread because it's difficult for me to comment on people's opinions because all opinions are valid. 

I've always said that I'll deal with facts only on the forum. Over the last few weeks there's been quite a few new posters posting things that look as if they are designed to cause a bit of trouble, negativity or instability. I'm a big believer in posting under my own name so that people are clear on who I am and my motives. What are people's views on being transparent on the forum? I'd hate to think supporters of other teams were creating mischief for example ?

Would suggest that any comments of an accusatory nature should be either supported with facts (via private medium) or be withdrawn. 

gary I agree I think facts speak for themselves and there is no debate

untruths and rumors cause havoc in any environment

we didn't make the last game as we were watching the eldest in an afternoon kick off... unlucky it wasn't a positive outcome ...no I wasn't there so wont cast my thoughts not entitled too

if we are to keep moving forward we have to let the management team do there job I totally believe in the direction we are going this was never going to be solved overnight

keep keeping the faith everyone

Rumours and hear say are what us proper fans are all about but when it's becoming negative and personnel then people should be not allowed to post.

I was as disappointed as most people we went into the derby last week without a full 17 and wondered how this could be possible but it's been and gone now and we almost pulled off a great comeback but it wasn't to be so we move on.

This year was always going to be a building year and after the pre season and beating of them, a few fans expectations were raised then after a few defeats, negativity sets in.

Hopefully a few more locals can join up sooner then later or one or 2 forwards to make sure we go in with a full 17 that are able to take the field.

Promotion isn't going to happen this season but a top 8 shouldn't  be a problem.

On the plus side we have no big time guys on big money or waiting for visas, we are working with what we have.

Communications have improved. The interviews with dc posted are brilliant.

Good news, according to Times & Star PJ will be back in light training this week after a knee cleanout. Don't know why it's taken so long, when I had my knee cleaned out I was only off 4 days, then back fully fit to my office job at Sellafield!!!

I'm not trying to cause a stir Gary just voicing my opinion, a lot of other members within this group apparently are fine to voice their opinions. I have my opinions. Sure 'veteran commenters' and not this ''newbie' have also mentioned that they don't see PJ returning as soon as they like, also the fact that JP and a few others have been overlooked. Other 'veterans' commented on how disappointed/shocked they were at JP only getting a few minutes against haven. After other members commented stating he gave word of mouth that he was fit and still being dropped for highly inexperienced players in game of such magnitude. I think there's a lot more going on than what meets the eye

I agree that mews should be starting games but  probably at the expense of rooke who looked overwhelmed vs haven and dropped quite a few balls. Jp for me should be moved to centre over chamberlain who has been the biggest let down. I dont think fell done much wrong at all and we need a proper full back there until tee returns rather than putting the young lads in at the deep end and expecting them to perform in an unfamiliar position. Its a shame about the 3 lads weve had on loan from wigan as all of them really gave us everything and were a cut above imo. As for people slagging joseph off, the lad was injured, he had and op, hes now trying to get back fit, he will be back soon, end of, no conspiracies, no lack of enthusiasm, just the nature of the game. 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

In an ideal world PJ would have had his op done private,however I'm assuming with the time it's took he been waiting for the NHS.

Even small clean out operations are very costly, money most champ clubs won't have, the good thing that recovery from these are pretty quick, so I'm sure big Phil will be up and running shortly.

We lost against Haven , but people are getting downbeat . We had big injury issues from the Barrow game and because of that we were down to 2 props , one of which had a huge strapping on one leg .The ref and yes ourselves making errors gave us a mountain to climb .Certain players have come in for criticism , but all in all we came back to lead and only the bounce of the ball saw us beaten . Even after that we made a couple of good breaks which might have led to tries .We need to get behind the Club and not be so negative ! UP THE TOWN .

Archived