Match thread Hull KR v Featherstone Rovers Good Friday 14th April 2017

Game day only two days away and squad due to be announced this afternoon, but already looking like we might be struggling for props as Moore is suspended and Baldwinson & Oledzki both named in Leeds 10-man squad for Friday, presume Ormondroyd is still injured. This would leave us with Bostock, Griffin and Cooper as recognised props, Griffin doesn't seem to do big minutes these days and Cooper hasn't played a lot lately, perhaps Lockwood to fill in as the other prop on Friday. Walters isn't in the Leeds squad, don't know whether they would release him over Easter anyway but either way we could have done with with another prop for this game rather than a back rower.

Squad named...https://www.featherstonerovers.co.uk/news/squad-named-ahead-of-kr-clash-ZbwtL

No Dual Reg players and looks like every non-injured, non-suspended player in the squad has been named bar Sam Day, and might still be question marks over the fitness of one or two in the 19 (Briggs is back in the squad).

Very much down to bare bones then, only 3 regular props in the 19 so assume as mentioned above it will indeed be Lockwood as the fourth prop. Meanwhile Hull KR are apparently welcoming a ton of injured players back. Time for a heroic backs-to-the-wall upset I reckon.

For me the Bradford home game is a more important fixture and a game we have to get a positive result in 

Im hoping we can complete the double but i travel to Hull in hope rather than expectation

Hull KR play Toulouse A on Monday so maybe they will have one eye on that

Cant see us winning this one im afraid but cant see the blowout scores Hull KR have been racking up recently either

Hull KR 34 Fev 18

1st try Turner

Mom Davies

Att 9472

1 hour ago, Phil Stone said:

The game still has to be played which means that if we are down to the bare bones and anyone else gets injured and Leeds don't release duel-reg players for Monday then we are in big trouble.

I think that Bradford are likely to be in the same boat Phil. The team for Hull KR is still a strong one, let's hope they are all fit for Monday as well.

Rovers line up for today

Johnson-Turner-Hardcastle-Ulugia-Duckworth-Thackeray-Aston-Bostock-Carlile-Cooper-Knowles-Davies-Lockwood

Subs..Tagg-Briggs-Wildie and Griffin

no Misi or Ian Hardman in the squad today

Results from earlier London 30 Toulouse 16 and Dewsbury 20 Batley 4

Well we threw that away magnificently. Should have gone for 2 to make it 24-20. Going for 2 all match and then we decide not to, ruined it. Penalties again gifting them ground and two tries scored from actually gifts! Hull Kr should be slightly worried after that. I think Toulouse will beat them.

Well we nearly pulled it off

Bar far the best side today, tactics spot on - taking them twos kept the scoreboard ticking along nicely - scored two great tries, Hull KR were hanging on at times, they dont look like SL quality on that showing

Two intercept tries were the difference, we got too excited at 22-18 up and forced it instead of playing out our sets and kicking for touch

Hopefully not too much taken out of the tank for Bradford game, we appeared to come out unscathed too

Thought Griffin had his best game in ages today

Nothing to fear in the return fixture - great atmosphere today too

10 minutes ago, elppaxr2i said:

Well we nearly pulled it off

Bar far the best side today, tactics spot on - taking them twos kept the scoreboard ticking along nicely - scored two great tries, Hull KR were hanging on at times, they dont look like SL quality on that showing

Two intercept tries were the difference, we got too excited at 22-18 up and forced it instead of playing out our sets and kicking for touch

Hopefully not too much taken out of the tank for Bradford game, we appeared to come out unscathed too

Thought Griffin had his best game in ages today

Nothing to fear in the return fixture - great atmosphere today too

Nailed it cocker! ?

brave and spirited just a few poor decisions cost us but overall we were good

they no wot were all about now and will feel lucky to have scraped home , speaking to some of there fans they were saying we desearved something from that 

oh and jon davies is a man trap ,,,that bloke gives everything tackles well above his weight    jimmy thompson reborn

Thats good I thought they may have both picked up a ban that I'd missed - for excessive fair play or something......Its hard to keep track at the moment.

But seriously if they were rested it makes you wonder what we could have achieved with something resembling a full team....

Archived