On the road again...

BryanC

Batley game not being played at BF, so that Celtic groundsman can get in some much needed work on the pitch. (No alternative venue confirmed yet).

Next home game at BF will be against Hull KR on June 11th.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with the above, annoying when its a crucial home game but cant be helped. As Clifford says the pitch does need the work and it seems like had all things been equal we wouldn't have missed a home game so no blame attached to ORLFC or Staly Celtic, the damage the pitch took in the terrible weather has extended the time needed for repairs.

Oh well wherever we end up, hopefully the majority of fans will understand that this is unavoidable and will travel to whichever ground we go to.

Striking distance would be nice, not Blackpool, leigh, Chorley or Rochdale. Sedgley Park is unavailable due to it not meeting minimum standards. 

Curzon Ashton would be good, the regional sports stadium would be good, as Rochdale have played a friendly there already. Unsure what if any influence Molly has as Manchester Rangers are Tennants, I think the council has something to do with it 

when we where looking for a ground Curzon ashton didn't want to know us, also the Tameside stadium is council owned. playing at the regional stadium in the rugby league championship would give the Manchester public a chance to watch a competitive rugby  league match at first hand.

Hi pal, can't see it being over 750\800 tbh if we played at BP. Too many people that stay away blame the ground/Chris Hamilton etc as has been discussed ad nauseum on here. Even if/when we move back to Oldham I can't for one minute imagine the crowd suddenly rocketing to 1200-1500. I truly hope I'm proved wrong,the club and players deserve the support. The folk who go and have travelled to the various home grounds enjoy the rugby and the camaraderie on the terraces, I dont know but maybe someone does ,when was the last time we averaged over 1000 at home games even at BP etc? We need to get the younger generation back to the rugby somehow and bolster the loyal 700 or so by any form of marketing and advertising we can muster. Crowds of 1200-1500 average should be well within our sights. No matter where we play or what the club do it never seems to happen. My bet is for the Batley game wherever it is played the crowd will remain relatively static. I'm not trying to start arguments here,just merely pointing out the facts.

I was going to post this on a seperate heading but what the hey, I see by pics in Oldham Chron last week that Avro FC have done more to Whitebank Stadium in 17 weeks that Oldham RLFC have done to ANY Stadium in 17 years. . .  and before theres any comment much of it seems to have been done with the help of "Sponsors Help". . .  Just a fact 

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

And grants from the FA..Leveling the ground & installing that pitch would have cost well over £100,000... Probably nearer £200,000+

But anyway...Manchester regional arena or the etihad campus stadium over the road would be nice

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

Ah the council, that wonderful organisation that promises lots and delivers nowt for Oldham RLFC..

Like the pitch to the old board sell Watersheddings for housing and we will build you stadium 2000, the club went bust and the agreement died 

Thus started the quest for a permanent home or nomadic status 

Yes the club have found wonderful temporary homes, excluding whitebank but none which are ours 

I've always felt Hurst cross would be the best option for a permanent home if playing in Oldham wasn't a option..Donating the mythical Salford stands,to upgrade the stadium, in return for some type of joint stadium agreement...

Ooohh i do dream sometimes lol

OLDHAM RLFC

0482c634b529fb1b8dbe9028e1b9f75a.jpg

Legend is..The stands either side of that middle section where donated to the club by Salford..Now,i know the seats where stored at a storage place on featherstone rd...Where the steel framework is,was god knows? I can't remember if we ask CH in the meetings we had?? Heard allsorts of rumours about the framework being damaged??

Be just our luck to have been given that and we couldn't use it lol

OLDHAM RLFC

Archived