On the road again...

BryanC

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So . . .does anyone have any idea at all where Oldham RLFC will be playing it's next home fixture against Batley ? ? or even which town it will be played in. . Looking at the crowd at Toronto tonight of well over 6,000 I think Toronto would be the best bet 

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

On 25/04/2017 at 8:48 AM, roughyedspud said:

No no that was some crappy wooden seats behind that stand at whitebank

More like the remains of the Trees cut down by Regenda for free!

Still a Roughyed despite what some people might say!!!

6 hours ago, Roughyedz said:

So . . .does anyone have any idea at all where Oldham RLFC will be playing it's next home fixture against Batley ? ? or even which town it will be played in. . Looking at the crowd at Toronto tonight of well over 6,000 I think Toronto would be the best bet 

Announcement on Monday, apparently.

3 minutes ago, JamieHolls said:

I said the game would be played at Manchester Arena and got laughed at saying there was no chance, just look at that then. http://www.roughyeds.co.uk/venue-named-for-batley-game/

If you said it, it wasn't on this forum?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

I think that it is the best out of a bad situation, and the price isn't going up 

I am assuming that the fee will be a flat £17 for adults to attend 

Would be good for the club to get the local school to attend 

Looks like a case of "bring your binoculars" like the old Don Valley used to be. Behind the sticks looks a total non-starter. 

Terrible venue for RL and I wouldn't be too keen on visiting some of the local pubs (few though they are).

1 hour ago, roughyed34 said:

Manchester_Regional_Arena_MCFC.jpg

I recon this must qualify Oldham for a place in the Guinness Book Of Records as using the most home grounds for ANY club in ANY SPORT , unless someone knows better that is ????

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

I used to train on the running track with Belle Vue Racers, understand it's not perfect for RL but what's the option? I think it's a good fit but from an Hornets mate of mine the goaline areas are narrow as are the touchlines which makes it dodgy for RL but it's similar to Old Trafford in that respect. 

23 hours ago, tandle said:

I said it in my post on april 24th on this forum it was the only ground that made any sense gate wise. but there as been a 74 point set back.

Are you admitting to using multiple accounts to log into the forum?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Archived