Diskin poll

Diskin stay or go?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Time for an updated opinion poll

58 minutes ago, buford t justice said:

IMO though its beyond the bad performances now, we have a coach who openly swore at paying customers and there were children present, and the board havent even addressed the issue. So much for a family club. The coach is a disgrace and needs to go for that incident alone, but it seems we condone this behaviour.

From my experience there needs to be an official complaint made directly to the club before the the board can officially investigate it .... does anyone know if there has been an official complaint made?? .... ongoing rumour and anger regarding what is 'alleged' to have happened is not the way to get an investigation!!   ... over to you!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Supertyke said:

Can we please add the option "I refuse to take part in this witch hunt" ?

If you came down off your high horse you could stop it being a "witch hunt" by voting for him to "remain". The more people like you who vote for him can turn it into a vote of confidence NOT a witch hunt !!

I remind everybody that Mr Diskin has seemingly committed two of the worst crimes possible in the world of sports management :-

1. Back in November he openly criticised two of our players at a Supporters meeting . You do not do such a thing when you have a microphone in your hand OR in public !! To say he had a poor start is putting it mildly !!

2. If the Blackpool "incident" is correct (i.e. swearing at a group of supporters) then he should be dismissed for gross misconduct !

This is not a witch hunt but many supporters reacting to a bad manager who clearly has no inter-personal skills when dealing with players or the public !!

17 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

If you think that you are privy to the personal discussions between players, coaches and the board and the issues this might evoke, it diminishes what so far have been excellently balanced posts on this whole topic. 

Let's be right here; whilst our views are perfectly valid, there is a wealth of inside information about the dynamics of the coaching staff and the players that we simply do not have at our disposal.

What we DO agree on is that what is happening on the pitch is unacceptable. This leads us fans to the conclusion that the coach must go. It is the conclusion many would reach given the information we have to hand. All I am saying is that the club would have acted much sooner if it was as cut and dry as you present it. It's only a suggestion, but nonetheless a possibility.

I do not understand the reasoning in your first paragraph NE. I have never purported to be privy to such information, merely questioning the type of information that would prevent a lack of action from the Board.

I personally do not think there are dossiers of information stored at the Club that would prevent them from dismissing Diskin. As previously stated, I think it is a purely financial decision that they do not wish to pay out a three year contract that they agreed, and have obviously calculated the reputational risk to the Club by going with such a strategy. Matt Diskin will hardly walk away from such a contract, so it is stalemate whilst the Club is being ripped apart.

Just now, Bulldog Days said:

I do not understand the reasoning in your first paragraph NE. I have never purported to be privy to such information, merely questioning the type of information that would prevent a lack of action from the Board.

I personally do not think there are dossiers of information stored at the Club that would prevent them from dismissing Diskin. As previously stated, I think it is a purely financial decision that they do not wish to pay out a three year contract that they agreed, and have obviously calculated the reputational risk to the Club by going with such a strategy. Matt Diskin will hardly walk away from such a contract, so it is stalemate whilst the Club is being ripped apart.

My point is simple. You and I do not have all the facts, but what we do know is that we are not supportive of Diskin's future as coach.

44 minutes ago, doggystyle said:

Don't get to find owt out behind the scenes. Even us share holders are no longer called to meetings, it's all rather cloak and dagger stuff.

I don't thinks it's a matter of being 'called'. You have a right to attend the AGM as shareholders and make the points you wish to make.

You should be notified in advance in writing inviting you to attend.

We used to receive a letter inviting us to a private meeting for share holders only, or you could elect a proxy. That's calling you up, informing you of the gathering. Jeez,  there gonna be a spat over this now?

5 hours ago, buford t justice said:

It does amuse me how you keep bringing that up, and id never given it a second thought.

No, of course not.... you never mention it at all :angel:

5 hours ago, Supertyke said:

When it dominates the whole forum on multiple threads.
When the Chairman is called a liar, arrogant, obstinate
When people accuse the coach of certain misdeamours (that may or may not be true) without providing concrete first hand evidence
When criticism is no  longer constructive, but just a baying for blood...

you really need to get over the may not be true bit fella, i were amongs 20 other fans 10 feet away and everyone could hear his foulmouth,

but like have said lets leave it for those in power to act on whats what on or off the pitch, seems theres a few quite happy for thye club to be destroyed from within by looks a the votes and comments, we got what we deserved by doing nothing only standby and hope for change game after game,

3 hours ago, nineoil said:

If you came down off your high horse you could stop it being a "witch hunt" by voting for him to "remain". The more people like you who vote for him can turn it into a vote of confidence NOT a witch hunt !!

I can't remember saying that I supported him nineoil, can you? Tbh I'm not sure what to think. As buford so smugly put it, I shouldn't have the right to voice an opinion at all anyway, as I'm not able to attend the mass majority of games. I.e. I don't know what I'm talking about.

My point is that I'm sure the powers that be have got the point by now, and they will act in what way they see fit. And I'm sure they're going to change their opinions for one moment just because some people get excited  and repeat the same things over and over again...

2 hours ago, Supertyke said:

No, of course not.... you never mention it at all :angel:

Wow, i had a look earlier, its all cut and paste stuff from other sitesanyway. First and last visit.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

3 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

I don't think the Dewsbury fans who have voted fall into that category!

yer right too, i thought they couldent vote, you can see whos voted at right hand side a poll and its 5 dews fans, thats nastie...:girlwah:

7 hours ago, nineoil said:

I remind everybody that Mr Diskin has seemingly committed two of the worst crimes possible in the world of sports management :-

1. Back in November he openly criticised two of our players at a Supporters meeting . You do not do such a thing when you have a microphone in your hand OR in public !! To say he had a poor start is putting it mildly !!

2. If the Blackpool "incident" is correct (i.e. swearing at a group of supporters) then he should be dismissed for gross misconduct !

This is not a witch hunt but many supporters reacting to a bad manager who clearly has no inter-personal skills when dealing with players or the public !!

Well said sir

8 hours ago, nineoil said:

From an outsider looking in, that's kind of how I viewed it

5 hours ago, Supertyke said:

I can't remember saying that I supported him nineoil, can you? Tbh I'm not sure what to think. As buford so smugly put it, I shouldn't have the right to voice an opinion at all anyway, as I'm not able to attend the mass majority of games. I.e. I don't know what I'm talking about.

My point is that I'm sure the powers that be have got the point by now, and they will act in what way they see fit. And I'm sure they're going to change their opinions for one moment just because some people get excited  and repeat the same things over and over again...

So what your saying is we are just talking to a brick wall about the matter? Imo of course

8 hours ago, nineoil said:

He openly criticised a player on radio Leeds the other week. I'm a Fev fan and was disgusted that a coach would single out a player in that regard on the radio.

75% wanting him to go, probably higher if you exclude the Dewsbury voters.

id say thats a pretty accurate reflection of current supporter feeling overall.

not that anyone with the power to change things will pay any attention to what the paying customers are feeling.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

48 minutes ago, Phil Loxton said:

He openly criticised a player on radio Leeds the other week. I'm a Fev fan and was disgusted that a coach would single out a player in that regard on the radio.

And that players now at Dewsbury 

IMG_0583.JPG

Archived