Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

clifford

Relegation

Who will be relegated  

61 members have voted

  1. 1. To championship 1

    • Bradford
      46
    • Dewsbury
      23
    • Oldham
      25
    • Rochdale
      6
    • Swinton
      12


Recommended Posts

Relegation based on present form.

Bradford are seen as a special case so they are not included - no matter where they finish they won't go down.

I feel Oldham and Rochdale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The next 3 matches we are playing Hull KR, Halifax and Dewsbury 

I think we will be lucky to get 2 points, you got to factor in the Kelly factor at Dewsbury 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, I think we'll be alright.  

Risking the Trumpesque accusation of being a Rose tinrmtd boy (my emphasis), sport can be about peaks and troughs. Sure we're in a hole at the moment (according to Scott Leatherbarrow) but it's only a few weeks since we beat Bradford and Swinton and then that comeback versus Dewsbury.  

Swinton and Rochdale may be finding a bit of form but the teams in the lower half of the league aren't a million miles away from each other in terms of ability.

My hope is that whatever is the cause of the current poor form can be ironed out and then we're just one win away from more scenes to match that Gill try at the end of the Bulls game.

I am nervous about Bradford.  All they need do is pull their socks up and then they'll start gnawing away at the difference between us and them.  I can't make the game at Odsal but it's going to be a proper four pointer and the Bulls are beatable; we just need to find our own form before we go there.

I'm going to put my neck out and say that Bulls will go down, narrowly and they'll be joined by the other team that doesn't go the distance.   That could be us, Swinton, Dewsbury or Hairnets.  Home advantage should give us an edge since we have loads of home games to come.  I'll settle for tenth now and hope for ninth place, mid-table isn't realistic.  

To match last season we need to be going into the Shield games on at least 14 points.  So 5 more required.  2 off Rochdale, 2 off Dewsbury and then one more from any of the other games.  

That's the plan. We are staying up.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love a positive attitude Dave. I think we're in for a bit of a rollercoaster ride again come the back end, but I agree with you - I think we'll stay up.

I like being rose tinrmtd.

Go to go, Donald Trump's having another press covfefe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dave Naylor said:

You know, I think we'll be alright.  

Risking the Trumpesque accusation of being a Rose tinrmtd boy (my emphasis), sport can be about peaks and troughs. Sure we're in a hole at the moment (according to Scott Leatherbarrow) but it's only a few weeks since we beat Bradford and Swinton and then that comeback versus Dewsbury.  

Swinton and Rochdale may be finding a bit of form but the teams in the lower half of the league aren't a million miles away from each other in terms of ability.

My hope is that whatever is the cause of the current poor form can be ironed out and then we're just one win away from more scenes to match that Gill try at the end of the Bulls game.

I am nervous about Bradford.  All they need do is pull their socks up and then they'll start gnawing away at the difference between us and them.  I can't make the game at Odsal but it's going to be a proper four pointer but the Bulls are beatable; we just need to find our own form before we go there.

I'm going to put my neck out and say that Bulls will go down, narrowly and they'll be joined by the other team that doesn't go the distance.   That could be us, Swinton, Dewsbury or Hairnets.  Home advantage should give us an edge since we have loads of home games to come.  I'll settle for tenth now and hope for ninth place, mid-table isn't realistic.  

To match last season we need to be going into the Shield games on at least 14 points.  So 5 more required.  2 off Rochdale, 2 off Dewsbury and then one more from any of the other games.  

That's the plan. We are staying up.   

I think this is the most positive comment I've read in weeks :) 

Dewsbury have turned it around as have Swinton, lets see what happens in the coming weeks. We definitely to bring a centre in though, Gilly out and Grimmer too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've got a centre busting for a game but he can't play 

For me get Chisholm on the wing and get Scotty Turner playing centre

For me it's Bradford and the other is between us and Dewsbury 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, clifford said:

We've got a centre busting for a game but he can't play 

For me get Chisholm on the wing and get Scotty Turner playing centre

For me it's Bradford and the other is between us and Dewsbury 

I never realised he played centre to be fair. I know we bought him as a winger but played him mainly at full back when lippy left. 

Why not give him a shot, who would be your first choice Tyson and Egodo or Turner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Connor mcb said:

Could Nathan chapnell fill our apparent void in the centre?

Nathan Chappell, is he that imaginary player we signed?.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They need to get out of this"one hell of a rut"regardless of who plays where.Confidence in their ability is what they need,they DO have it.As I've said before I'm at a loss.Christ knows what Naylor's going through.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel we must face the facts that we will never get into sooperdooper league, and that applies to most of the sides in the championship. So why not accept the fact that every season in the Championship is going to be a battle with no tangible reward just loads of grief.

I would prefer us in league one playing attractive, open rugby with no holds barred rather than the terrified rugby we are now playing. I for one after 60 years of watching Oldham is getting very disillusioned with professional RL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure that all the discussions on here all week and the tone from Peter Carey on the club page mean an uphill struggle. It can be turned around and I'm sure Scott is well aware of that. 

On Sunday I'll just take an improved performance and hopefully if we play half decent it may inspire some confidence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"...give us a decent number seven"

 

 

 

(Don't mean it really, I have faith the lads will come good - fingers crossed).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our only saving grace in my opinion is that we have got a lot of home games left and let's be honest we have a decent home record,what the players need now is our backing,let's turn out in numbers and get behind the boys, slagging them off will do no good at all it will just drain their already fragile confidence. We are all in this together,we can and will stay up. Oldham till I die!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although two centres were injured this weekend, we still have Egodo and Tyson to fill those berths. I have wondered most of the season why Chisolm has not been given any game time. With the situation as it now is, Jamal might get his chance.

Earlier in the season the side produced results we would never have expected, and this was all down to team spirit. If we can find that team spirit again, I am sure it will carry us to safety.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tyson is crocked he could hardly run on Sunday, 

We need our squad builder to signed a quality centre and a crafty old head in the pack 

After the next 3 games we will see were we are 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jroyales said:

I feel we must face the facts that we will never get into sooperdooper league, and that applies to most of the sides in the championship. So why not accept the fact that every season in the Championship is going to be a battle with no tangible reward just loads of grief.

I would prefer us in league one playing attractive, open rugby with no holds barred rather than the terrified rugby we are now playing. I for one after 60 years of watching Oldham is getting very disillusioned with professional RL.

Please no! Gloucester, South Wales, London, Oxford arrrrgh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...