Lewis Galbraith

clifford

Whether he did or didn't it sad that there is a possibility that their is a case, knowing from my employment position is that you only run cases that you can prove and from the position it occurred, there would have been at least the referees mic which would have recorded the audio from all players. 

Remember the burden of proof is not guilty or innocent but beyond reasonable doubt

So as long as the rfl prove their case he will be given a ban or on the flip side if the rfl fails to their case it will be thrown out. 

After which the losing party can appeal 

So it may not be finished tonight 

When I've dealt with cases of potential gross misconduct, "beyond reasonable doubt" can never be enough. It may be in a court of law, but not in what in this case amounts to an employment setting. If you're looking at the possibility of taking someone's living or livelihood away from them, you have to be 100% sure, or you run the risk of getting the bejesus kicked out of you in a tribunal. Hard evidence always required, not supposition.

Hope he's innocent though because the game doesn't need this sort of thing. If that is the case, his accuser will have some difficult conversations to look forward to...

Indeed I just think the rfl judiciary has the lesser burden of proof. Me thinks that the rfl would have some excellent evidence to bring this matter to this point, 

The Carney case, he bit the bullet and accepted the case against him, I would hope that the player will have been briefed what to say, bearing in mind that he will have seen the case against 

If it's a strong case look for mitigation if not fight it. 

But if he is found to be at fault, the book should be thrown at him because it needs stamping out, no place in any forms of rugby 

There was a case in RU that an England international playing for England called a Welsh player something nasty about his family heritage. Book thrown at him

We all know Sam,he wouldn't make something like that up.If the Hornets player is found guilty then the full weight of the disciplinary procedures need to be thrown at him.Rugby league is an "inclusive" sport regardless of gender,Creed,colour, sexual orientation or anything else. The game doesn't need this type of conduct or behavior.A example must be set if he's found guilty. Hopefully the player will learn.

Galbraith case adjourned to a later date. Typical ,they have only had 4 weeks to investigate it.Why charge him then if they are going to mess about? Must have had some grounds for it. Spineless gets,should have been sorted tonight one way or the other.Farce yet again from the circus. ?

1 hour ago, roughyed34 said:

Galbraith case adjourned to a later date. Typical ,they have only had 4 weeks to investigate it.Why charge him then if they are going to mess about? Must have had some grounds for it. Spineless gets,should have been sorted tonight one way or the other.Farce yet again from the circus. ?

Does that mean Sammy's has been postpones as well?

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely Clifford, what really annoys me not only this case but others,if they charge someone then it must be dealt with,the offence must be deemed serious enough to bring a charge. Otherwise it shouldnt even go to the disciplinary hearing stage and be "no further action after review". It is an independent board as you say but it's still the RFL who are the governing body. Too much inconsistency across all the disciplinary outcomes, it needs sorting.

Don't know about Sammy, nothing posted from the RFL.

21 minutes ago, roughyed34 said:

Absolutely Clifford, what really annoys me not only this case but others,if they charge someone then it must be dealt with,the offence must be deemed serious enough to bring a charge. Otherwise it shouldnt even go to the disciplinary hearing stage and be "no further action after review". It is an independent board as you say but it's still the RFL who are the governing body. Too much inconsistency across all the disciplinary outcomes, it needs sorting.

Don't know about Sammy, nothing posted from the RFL.

Sammy just messaged me to say it was inconclusive,and he's back next week.

GIVE US A TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad that the evidence was there and the rfl proved their case pitty Galbraith just didn't say yes I did do it, bad advice, who knows 

Pitty the beard got a game but let's out it to bed and focus on sending the them down to the lower league 

Glad to read the Hornet's player got his comupance. No room in the game for comments like that.I regard the game as an inclusive sport.Feel sorry for Sam for being on the end of some thugs vindictive comments. I hope the Hornet's player will learn from this and keep his gob shut in future.

• 2 weeks later...

Ban quashed on appeal.  So he's now innocent.

Not sure how you go from 8 matches to 0 (ok one..) but thats what the appeals process is for.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Archived