York game.

spanishknight

Don't forget that this year was also about bringing some financial stability to the club, especially on reduced funding, so that there is a club in years to come. 2016 couldn't be repeated from that point of view. I know it doesn't explain such as Brett & Mossop being less influential though

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

Always the comedian donald, have you sobered up ? or are you still going from not having a pot to P*** in to buying all of our better players again ? 

Cant weigh up what you getting at there marra i was actually complementing towns fan's with the noise they make.  Yesterdays result for us means nowt still 7 cup finals before the playoffs wouldn't be surprised if you lot turn us over and wouldn't be surprised if we end up 3rd behind barrow no easy games now. 

6 minutes ago, donald said:

Cant weigh up what you getting at there marra i was actually complementing towns fan's with the noise they make.  Yesterdays result for us means nowt still 7 cup finals before the playoffs wouldn't be surprised if you lot turn us over and wouldn't be surprised if we end up 3rd behind barrow no easy games now. 

I was thinking the same . The positions are far from settled 

1 hour ago, donald said:

Okay donald I take it the 20 was a typo error  :tongue: I can't see us getting near you unless we get some props on the field and maybe Forster, Shacks and Riley pick up knocks, I'm not wishing them any harm mind you.....well nothing serious ;) I just want to see us finish the season on a brighter note to give the fans some hope, I'm afraid the youthful exuberance and passion we displayed in our last 3 games against you doesn't seem to be there at the moment. But it's a derby so you never know.

16 minutes ago, unicorn106 said:

Okay donald I take it the 20 was a typo error  :tongue: I can't see us getting near you unless we get some props on the field and maybe Forster, Shacks and Riley pick up knocks, I'm not wishing them any harm mind you.....well nothing serious ;) I just want to see us finish the season on a brighter note to give the fans some hope, I'm afraid the youthful exuberance and passion we displayed in our last 3 games against you doesn't seem to be there at the moment. But it's a derby so you never know.

Shacks went off early yesterday was on crutches after the game hopefully he,ll be ok soon 

Stacks in the centres due to us being down to 1 semi fit centre in Hulme (who is also playing with a busted elbow). We are woefully short in the backs but it was the forwards who didnt compete on sunday ... very very poor and if we continue like that we wont win another game ...cant believe we will play so badly again but credit to Haven who did their homework on Crestas tactics

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

1 hour ago, morty said:

Stacks in the centres due to us being down to 1 semi fit centre in Hulme (who is also playing with a busted elbow). We are woefully short in the backs but it was the forwards who didnt compete on sunday ... very very poor and if we continue like that we wont win another game ...cant believe we will play so badly again but credit to Haven who did their homework on Crestas tactics

not a chance Morty , I went the game and the lad who bagged three tries last week was carrying water, Cresta dropped him to bring Hulme back. Stack should be in the 2nd row , hes wasted centre, and Declan's elbow is fine now , was chatting with him last week. 

And for what is worth Westizbiz,   Hulme completing 22 games already this year with the full 80 in 20 of them and bagging 15 and his winger bagging 14 isn't to bad a return marra. Wish Mossop and rooke had that sort of return

wonder....Water carrier Harper picked up an injury last week that's why he didn't start

Lee Morton

9 hours ago, wonderofwood said:

not a chance Morty , I went the game and the lad who bagged three tries last week was carrying water, Cresta dropped him to bring Hulme back. Stack should be in the 2nd row , hes wasted centre, and Declan's elbow is fine now , was chatting with him last week. 

And for what is worth Westizbiz,   Hulme completing 22 games already this year with the full 80 in 20 of them and bagging 15 and his winger bagging 14 isn't to bad a return marra. Wish Mossop and rooke had that sort of return

Found his level then ain't he Marra :) 

42 minutes ago, westizbest said:

Found his level then ain't he Marra :) 

Hes been outstanding for us so far mate ... and was probably one of the better ones last sunday (not difficult as we were poor!).

Lee Morton

7 minutes ago, donald said:

To be fair hulme did the business at haven scored a fair few tries was just a shame his heart was still at town

Didn't seem like his heart was at Town. He might have been playing crocked -- I don't know -- but he did nowt last season.

14 minutes ago, westizbest said:

I'm struggling to figure out how the loan system works with Wigan 

does it go something like 

Workington have been on they need a forward for this week .. they will pay £300 inc expenses .. any takers ? 

So you don't like the loans then? I would never have guessed....

Maybe you should suggest a realistic alternative to the BOD. Gary seems open to good ideas.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

GMck 

Have we enquired about the availability of the Barrow prop Brad Brennan?

He's loaned to Coventry but I'm wondering if we were offered him especially at time where we took Ryan, Byrne and Bretherton over the last month. 

Is it an option as he's a big lad and would certainly add some size and maybe Barrow would consider a loan to us as if we win a few games in the 8s it could do Barrow a favour in the promotion shake up.

Cheers

20 minutes ago, Ginock1 said:

GMck 

He's loaned to Coventry but I'm wondering if we were offered him especially at time where we took Ryan, Byrne and Bretherton over the last month. 

Is it an option as he's a big lad and would certainly add some size and maybe Barrow would consider a loan to us as if we win a few games in the 8s it could do Barrow a favour in the promotion shake up.

Cheers

Can we do that now we are in the super 8's?

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

1 hour ago, Ginock1 said:

GMck 

Cheers

As far as I'm aware he's changed shift patterns (or job) and could only train once a week with Barrow; hence why they've loaned him to Coventry where he can train and play more frequently. Think if he came to you he'd have the same issues as he would at Barrow so think Cresta would prefer to leave him where he is at the moment.

Would certainly do a job though, would be worth inquiring!

I guess he's based closer to Coventry than Cumbria then at the moment. 

Theres always other circumstances which is fair enough, I was just wondering if it was considered when we were looking for props or as an option in the future. 

8 hours ago, The Voodooguru said:

So you don't like the loans then? I would never have guessed....

Maybe you should suggest a realistic alternative to the BOD. Gary seems open to good ideas.

Just wondering how it works hense asking the question 

Archived