League 1 Super 8s - Knights v Toronto

Hi guys, York City Knights are set to play Toronto Wolfpack on Sunday 30th July at Bootham Crescent in round 1 of the Kingstone Press League 1 Super 8s.

With no Super League or Championship games on 30th July, this will be a perfect opportunity for fans of other clubs to come and watch the Wolfpack play first hand.

The Eventbrite ticket event page can be found HERE… Its just £15 adults, £10 concessions and completely FREE for anyone under the age of 16. Anyone who purchases online within the next 24 hours will receive a 10% discount!

We're hoping to pack out Bootham Crescent to the rafters so please come along if you can! :D 

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 11.27.31.png

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Moc said:

Going to get down to this game, day after tough mudder so could be a little sore

First Toronto game or York game - assume be no issue paying on door?

No mate, cash turnstiles will be there on the day.

You get 10% off if you buy your ticket online today mind... ;) 

15 minutes ago, JonT said:

Any plans to open more than just the main stand, Gav? 

Ironically, I'm flying to Toronto the next day. I'm looking forward to wearing my Knights shirt with the pride of victory!

We really are hoping it will get to that point where we need to open the David Longhurst end! :D 

Does your club need support?  I would be quite happy to purchase a couple of tickets just to help your gate although there is not a snowball's chance that I would be able to hop on a plane and attend - in fact I am now in the grueling process of trying to renew my passport and its like pulling teeth these days thanks to the paranoia of our southern neighbours - said attitude having been gleefully adopted by our own security apparatus for reasons of money and stature.

2 minutes ago, Captain Survival said:

Does your club need support?  I would be quite happy to purchase a couple of tickets just to help your gate although there is not a snowball's chance that I would be able to hop on a plane and attend - in fact I am now in the grueling process of trying to renew my passport and its like pulling teeth these days thanks to the paranoia of our southern neighbours - said attitude having been gleefully adopted by our own security apparatus for reasons of money and stature.

All support is appreciated Captain! 

5 hours ago, Gav Wilson said:

Hi guys, York City Knights are set to play Toronto Wolfpack on Sunday 30th July at Bootham Crescent in round 1 of the Kingstone Press League 1 Super 8s.

With no Super League or Championship games on 30th July, this will be a perfect opportunity for fans of other clubs to come and watch the Wolfpack play first hand.

The Eventbrite ticket event page can be found HERE… Its just £15 adults, £10 concessions and completely FREE for anyone under the age of 16. Anyone who purchases online within the next 24 hours will receive a 10% discount!

We're hoping to pack out Bootham Crescent to the rafters so please come along if you can! :D 

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 11.27.31.png

The perfect answer to the "no away fans" BS.

Hope it's a great gate Gav, wish i could be there..have told my cousin and Uncle  to get themselves out to the game n look you up...will wear my York shirt that day in anticipation of a great match!

market the hell out of it mate...cheers bob

Ok, I went online to purchase - first hurdle, they don't take paypal for some odd reason.  But I can overcome that even though I intensly dislike using credit cards online.

So what the heck is "concessions" - do you pay up front and get to have all you want to eat at the game?  That is marvellous!

I thought to buy 2 tickets, and these mysterious concessions, but am I able to give these away to some good purpose - is there someone at a charity, or a junior club for whom it could be a reward, or something else worthwhile?  And can I give them the ticket s and mysterious concessions and they make it past the ticket police - I hear you brits are pretty tightlaced about everything ( :D ) so tell me how and I will do it...

PS, not back to the forum until Saturday...

Someone should tweet this to the TWP and see if they will match me - I don't do social media...

On 19/07/2017 at 5:52 PM, Big Picture said:

The perfect answer to the "no away fans" BS.

I went to the skolars game. They had a beer festival and a Brian Adams impersonator on. And iirc it was on a Saturday, which made the beer festival more appealing. I thought that was a great road to go down. Although there were quite a few Canadians there. I suppose skolars are the best placed club to attract Canadian fans (other than TWP!)

3 hours ago, Captain Survival said:

Ok, I went online to purchase - first hurdle, they don't take paypal for some odd reason.  But I can overcome that even though I intensly dislike using credit cards online.

So what the heck is "concessions" - do you pay up front and get to have all you want to eat at the game?  That is marvellous!

I thought to buy 2 tickets, and these mysterious concessions, but am I able to give these away to some good purpose - is there someone at a charity, or a junior club for whom it could be a reward, or something else worthwhile?  And can I give them the ticket s and mysterious concessions and they make it past the ticket police - I hear you brits are pretty tightlaced about everything ( :D ) so tell me how and I will do it...

PS, not back to the forum until Saturday...

Someone should tweet this to the TWP and see if they will match me - I don't do social media...

Haha - unfortunately concessions in that case over here means kids, old folks and maybe students who get in cut price

I was at Canada Day celebrations at Trafalgar Squate earlier in the month. There were representatives from the Wolfpack promoting the club and taking people's email addresses. I got this email today.  Unfortunately I'll be out of the country as I really like visiting York  

2412335f-b5e7-4091-848a-bfd5dfca453c.jpg

dba89bf0-c41a-433e-b50b-ca7824ee67b6.jpg

York City Knights v Toronto Wolfpack

A big thank you to everyone who came out to the Canada 150 celebrations at Trafalgar Square in London a few weeks back!  It was great to see all the love & support for the place we call home, especially during the milestone of our 150th Birthday!

1d73616c-845d-4d5c-b7fc-b23648476907.jpeg  afc1749f-b2f6-425a-bb6a-e653f6002332.jpeg

Now we're back at it again as we begin our playoff rounds in York on July 30th. Come and see the York City Knights take on the world's first transatlantic sports team, the undefeated Toronto Wolfpack!  The game is all action and family fun for everyone young and old.  If you're planning on bringing the kids tickets are free for all aged under 16 years of age. 

Martin Vickers from our team will be on hand to help offer any advice on your trip or if you'd like to bring a group together to meet up before the match.  For more information or any questions please contact Martin Vickers at martin@torontowolfpack.com

This will be a great event for everyone so be sure to buy tickets now before they sell out!  #RunWithThePack, support Toronto and cheer with the Canucks!

For directions to the stadium
Visit this Google Map link.  The stadium is a short 15-minute walk from the train station.

Make it a weekend getaway!
Catch the match and come experience a city rich in ancient history, great ambience and fun activities, York is the perfect holiday destination for couples, families, groups and the solo tripper.  For more information visit York's Official Visitor Information site.

Can't make it to York?  
We'll also be screening the game at Riley's Sports Bar located in Trafalgar Square in London.  Contact rebecca@torontowolfpack.com if you like to join us for a screening party.  

Click Here To Purchase Tickets

open.php?u=7985281d2d59bfc5ada4b0105&id=b51a358c68&e=22ea8af002

Wow this is what RL is about. Big enough to be a great sport, small enough to have the personal touch. Individuals still count in RL.

I wish I could have made it to York. Love the city, done all the tourist things there years ago. Being in NZ is a barrier though. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

27 minutes ago, RayCee said:

I wish I could have made it to York. Love the city, done all the tourist things there years ago. Being in NZ is a barrier though. 

What a defeatist attitude!!

Plenty of time to get on a plane and get to the UK.

If you really wanted to be there then you would.

Just shows you're not a proper RL fan!!

:tongue: :search:

1 minute ago, davet said:

What a defeatist attitude!!

Plenty of time to get on a plane and get to the UK.

If you really wanted to be there then you would.

Just shows you're not a proper RL fan!!

:tongue: :search:

:superman: I'll fly over

1 hour ago, Gav Wilson said:

We just had a press conference to preview this game. Like an actual real press conference. Unprecedented at York City Knights! :D 

Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 18.56.38.png

How did the press react to it?

Just watched the WP/Knights July 1st game again, best of the season no doubt about it..discount that WP blitz at the start of the second half and it's a very evenly matched game...something tells me the boys are going to have to be on their game next Sunday..Knights will be out for blood...

Archived