Predictions for league 1

newbe

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From my underground nuclear bunker! I predict that at least one team that starts next season in some form of Division One won't complete it. It's the next step on the rocky road of decline that the game seems unable to arrest. And no I take no pleasure in saying that, it saddens me to see the state the games in nowadays greatly.

1 minute ago, Clogiron said:

From my underground nuclear bunker! I predict that at least one team that starts next season in some form of Division One won't complete it. It's the next step on the rocky road of decline that the game seems unable to arrest. And no I take no pleasure in saying that, it saddens me to see the state the games in nowadays greatly.

Why is that any more likely next season than this?

9 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

Because, with the game being in the decline it has shown over the last few years, it's the next logical step.

Teams not fielding full 17s, teams not winning any games, teams conceding over 100 points regularly, teams postponing games, what's next?

To be honest, I agree. I didn't be surprised at all if a team pulls out mid season. It almost seems par for the course that something even more embarrassing will happen.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

5 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

I thought I mentioned the word decline? but if you want a few reasons here goes : Do any of the club's know how many fixtures, against who and when yet, two team's they won't be playing are York & the Bulls so that's a chunk of income lost from this year, the fact that a number of clubs had financial issues last season, Whitehaven, the Cougars, Rochdale ect doesn't mean that they are on a strong, sound footing for the future, and then there's all the help they will likely get from SL & RFL in the future ? the crowds that some of these clubs admit to makes you wonder how they survive anyway, and the dogs not getting any younger either.

4 minutes ago, Clogiron said:

I thought I mentioned the word decline? but if you want a few reasons here goes : Do any of the club's know how many fixtures, against who and when yet, two team's they won't be playing are York & the Bulls so that's a chunk of income lost from this year, the fact that a number of clubs had financial issues last season, Whitehaven, the Cougars, Rochdale ect doesn't mean that they are on a strong, sound footing for the future, and then there's all the help they will likely get from SL & RFL in the future ? the crowds that some of these clubs admit to makes you wonder how they survive anyway, and the dogs not getting any younger either.

I do agree about the lost income from not playing the Bulls. 

They'll also presumably have four less fixtures than this season - 22 on a 'home and away' format rather than 26 this year. Although given that many of the clubs must be losing money on every game, perhaps having less games won't necessarily be a bad thing?

My considered prediction is ... it’s to early to predict . Lots of recruitment ( and departures no doubt ) to be done , the ever imponderable of link ups which influence things , basic league  issues up in the air etc .  Hopefully things are clearer , err , before we start 

15 minutes ago, DavidM said:

My considered prediction is ... it’s to early to predict . Lots of recruitment ( and departures no doubt ) to be done , the ever imponderable of link ups which influence things , basic league  issues up in the air etc .  Hopefully things are clearer , err , before we start 

The thing is Newcastle have been recruiting for a while and have most of their targeted big names over the line along with their re signings , which will be vital with pre season just a few weeks down the road , they will be hitting the ground running . 

6 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

I do agree about the lost income from not playing the Bulls. 

They'll also presumably have four less fixtures than this season - 22 on a 'home and away' format rather than 26 this year. Although given that many of the clubs must be losing money on every game, perhaps having less games won't necessarily be a bad thing?

Isn't that just a sorry example of the sad state the games gotten into in some places that playing less game's is seen as a way to save money, might as well just play one game a season then the losses will be more manageable ?

Archived