WCC Scheduling

Dave T

I haven't bothered reading this thread so I'll just ask one question: Why has Channel 9, which has always paid the highest $$ per game for NRL TV rights so they could have the first pick of games, always shown games on Friday night but has never, in 25 years, attempted to establish a Saturday night RL slot?

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Farmduck said:

I haven't bothered reading this thread so I'll just ask one question: Why has Channel 9, which has always paid the highest $$ per game for NRL TV rights so they could have the first pick of games, always shown games on Friday night but has never, in 25 years, attempted to establish a Saturday night RL slot?

Because they know what works and rates because its their profession is my guess?

;)

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

2 hours ago, Farmduck said:

Ill counter that with 'Why did Seven show the World Cup Final on a Saturday night?'.

7 hours ago, East Coast Tiger said:

What answer? Show me where the complaints were when it was shown on Monday mornings here the past few years. Go on. If this is about the best time for all fans you can prove your concern for ALL fans. 

Otherwise it's just poms bitching and moaning and wanting everything to suit them as always. 

That wasnt the question.

To try and make things simple for you, the question was:

Do you know that any thought was given to the Australian time zone when played in the UK?

It wasnt about whether there was a thread here complaining.

you're not very good at this discussion lark are you?

8 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Ill counter that with 'Why did Seven show the World Cup Final on a Saturday night?'.

Because they had a longer programme, including ceremonies and Women's Final which would have had to start during normal work hours if it was on a Friday? Just a guess.

8 hours ago, The Great Dane said:

It was? Cause I haven't seen a conclusive or satisfactory answer to- 

BTW from where I'm standing, the answer seems to be that no thought was given to the Australian time zone what so ever, but that wasn't an issue for you lot at all until now, long after the fact, that the shoe is on the other foot.

And it seems to me that the only reason that the shoe is on the other foot is to try and save the whole bloody concept of the WCC because a handful of idiots (all from SL clubs) thought that they could shame the NRL clubs into participating and pocket all the profits forever and that the NRL clubs wouldn't get jack of it.

Nobody here organises the tournament, so we cant provide any evidence - it has been pointed out that the majority of these events have been scheduled for a Saturday and Sunday morning in Oz, but there has been some rubbish scheduling - we have even extended the discussion to be critical of the last 4N organised here which had the Aussies playing on a Monday morning Oz time.

There is even a cobversation between me and Sports Prophet on the previous page discussing the issues on both sides of the world. And in my proposed solution it addresses when the games in England should be scheduled that is better for Aussie fans.

What more do you want?

3 minutes ago, The Great Dane said:

Mainly cause Seven didn't scheduled the WC, I remember them whinging that games were unnecessarily clashing with the Ashes as well.

Bingo.

And it got a great result, beating the Ashes session that clashed and matching the Oz v Eng opener on a Friday evening with no Ashes clash.

It was staged on a Saturday to cater for the international audience, because playing it on a Friday night would be stupid.

7 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

Because they had a longer programme, including ceremonies and Women's Final which would have had to start during normal work hours if it was on a Friday? Just a guess.

Imagine staging games during work hours!

Are you saying that is an issue or isnt?

Just for clarity like.

9 hours ago, East Coast Tiger said:

They won't answer this because it shows they're hypocritical whingers. 

It's been on Monday morning here the past few years and not a peep out of these sooks about it. Hmmm what a surprise. It's only a problem when it's poms who don't like the timing apparently. 

You do know that wouldnt be hypocritical dont you?

Hypocritical would be if English fans were saying the scheduling was good and Monday am was fine, but now whingeing about it for UK fans.

If i watch a game one week and see a try with a forward pass it doesnt mean i cant start a thread about one affecting my team the week later because i didnt complain the week before.

Only complaining about something when it affects you isnt hypocrisy in the slightest.

35 minutes ago, Dave T said:

That wasnt the question.

To try and make things simple for you, the question was:

Do you know that any thought was given to the Australian time zone when played in the UK?

It wasnt about whether there was a thread here complaining.

you're not very good at this discussion lark are you?

Not the question I asked. Still haven't answered that one. Where is the whinging from previous years about Monday morning games? Got an answer or still running away from it and trying to change the subject? Not very good at this comprehension and answering simple questions lark are you?

17 minutes ago, Dave T said:

You do know that wouldnt be hypocritical dont you?

Hypocritical would be if English fans were saying the scheduling was good and Monday am was fine, but now whingeing about it for UK fans.

If i watch a game one week and see a try with a forward pass it doesnt mean i cant start a thread about one affecting my team the week later because i didnt complain the week before.

Only complaining about something when it affects you isnt hypocrisy in the slightest.

It's hypocritical because you're slagging off Australian scheduling when English scheduling is #### and has been for years. It's pretty simple, well for anyone with a clue anyway. 

6 minutes ago, East Coast Tiger said:

Not the question I asked. Still haven't answered that one. Where is the whinging from previous years about Monday morning games? Got an answer or still running away from it and trying to change the subject? Not very good at this comprehension and answering simple questions lark are you?

It's hypocritical because you're slagging off Australian scheduling when English scheduling is #### and has been for years. It's pretty simple, well for anyone with a clue anyway. 

You quoted a question and said it hadnt been answered. You cant change the question.

Look up what hypocricy is as this is embarrassing.

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

You quoted a question and said it hadnt been answered. You cant change the question.

Look up what hypocricy is as this is embarrassing.

No I didn't. I've been asking the same question over and over and you keep running away from it.

So I'll ask again. WHERE IS THE WHINGING ABOUT MONDAY MORNING GAMES IN PREVIOUS YEARS? Got an answer or just more diversion?

And I know what hypocrisy is you're right, your apparent lack of understanding and inability to answer a simple question is very embarrassing. 

20 hours ago, Allora said:

I doubt the organisers care, they do what fits for them, same as the UK teams do when its played there.

10 hours ago, East Coast Tiger said:

They won't answer this because it shows they're hypocritical whingers. 

It's been on Monday morning here the past few years and not a peep out of these sooks about it. Hmmm what a surprise. It's only a problem when it's poms who don't like the timing apparently. 

The above is the post you quoted.

Why are you now claiming you didnt quote that question and claim people wouldnt answer it? It is there in black and white.

As this is proof you are lying I will leave you to it.

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

The above is the post you quoted.

Why are you now claiming you didnt quote that question and claim people wouldnt answer it? It is there in black and white.

As this is proof you are lying I will leave you to it.

Run away run away! 

Hahaha what a pathetic sook. Spuriously claims to have proven something and then actually definitively proves he's got nothing by running away. I didn't ask for an answer to that question, I wanted an answer to MY question. The one the big sook continues to run from.

What a load of old coal this debate is,

It is being played in Australia, organised by Australians, with an Australian team (with a foriegn team as support) attended by Australian fans, filmed by the Australian media, to be broadcast at the most optimum time deemed for the best viewing figures by Australian viewers.

When the game has been played in the UK, all the above applies, just change the word Australian for British.

End of story, get on with it.

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

What a load of old coal this debate is,

It is being played in Australia, organised by Australians, with an Australian team (with a foriegn team as support) attended by Australian fans, filmed by the Australian media, to be broadcast at the most optimum time deemed for the best viewing figures by Australian viewers.

When the game has been played in the UK, all the above applies, just change the word Australian for British.

End of story, get on with it.

And do you think that is exactly as it should be?

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

And do you think that is exactly as it should be?

It is the way it has always been, get on with it.

Record it or find a way to watch in on your chosen technology.

2 minutes ago, Allora said:

It is the way it has always been, get on with it.

Record it or find a way to watch in on your chosen technology.

Are you suggesting we never change anything or make improvements to anything because 'it is the way it has always been'?

1 hour ago, East Coast Tiger said:

Have a whinge you ###### sook.

Note the coward likes your post so he's not actually "leaving me to it" he just won't answer my question. Haha. Pathetic. Lurking on his own ###### thread but won't post because he's been shown up.

Up late for a 7yr old,even if you are on your summer break.

8 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes, charity begins at home, look after your own first and foremost, they are the ones that the organisers want/need to entice back, be that in the UK or Australia.

If you genuinely think we shouldnt try and cater for the two markets in a cross-market game then that is your prerogative but I find it weird. What is the point of these games if you arent using them as a vehicle to drive crowds, audiences, sponsors and broadcasting deals in these two markets (4 including France and NZ)?

If this is just a 1 off game for the Aussie market, why bother, just play NRL.

All the while these things are happening we are wondering why we cant get interest from anyone other than Sky and other sports are launching made-for-tv events and formats of their sports.

9 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Are you suggesting we never change anything or make improvements to anything because 'it is the way it has always been'?

This series is nearly dead because the way it has been run since its inception.

Maybe having it at a time that may get one of the partners and its fans  interested is more important than you and 30K  English fans being upset because they have to watch it on a Friday morning.

Its been in Englands backyard and at the English time frame and advantage for decades..

FFS let it be what it is in Australia for a year.

Archived