Toronto

Penno

That was a great game! 

There is something about a game in the mud isn't there. I like the fast free flowing games with crazy offloads and quick passes but every now and then a tough mudder is good for the soul. Barrow boys did amazing and i definitely didn't give them the credit they were due, my apologies.

Thank goodness stilts got there in time to stop that drop goal!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Kayakman said:

I thought he did a pretty good game in bad conditions too.  The constant moans were somewhat tiresome as you have stated.

That guy you got on report is in trouble though, looks to me like he clearly and intentionally took the ref out from behind with a forearm shove although I haven't seen the replay again...wondering if there is any history there...also wondering how many games he will get (3?).

Never in life.

Hewer and Aspinwall collided as they chased back.

However, knowing how the RFL work I predict it will be the first time anyone in England has had the maximum judicial sentence since 1964.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

32 minutes ago, Bearman said:

Never in life.

However, knowing how the RFL work I predict it will be the first time anyone in England has had the maximum judicial sentence since 1964.

Is 3 games the max.?

16 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Is 3 games the max.?

Lol. I was at the game Kman but missed the collision. Having just watched the game again on Freesport, when the RL watch the 'incident' I reckon they will warn Gareth in future to make sure he gets out of the way of defenders getting back for a scramble defence. He's not the fastest you know. What was he thinking about, putting that on report, lol?

But I have to say, watching the game in slow time,  respect doesn't even come close to what every player on both sides did yesterday.

20 hours ago, Bearman said:

Never in life.

I would be more concerned if I was Wallace. He's spear on Toal could get some attention from the review panel and I wouldnt be surprised to see another wolf in trouble for the crusher on Carter. 

I'd cut Gareth some slack here. I've no problem with him putting it on report, he got knocked over, request a video.

Video should show innocent collision, end of matter.

If Point of Attack thought Gareth wasn't too bad then miracles are taking place

Shipbuilider01.png

Storm in a teacup. Atrocious conditions. let's move on. Er...what does 3rd Party Hosting has been temporarily disabled mean? What is happening here?

2 hours ago, TMF said:

Storm in a teacup. Atrocious conditions. let's move on. Er...what does 3rd Party Hosting has been temporarily disabled mean? What is happening here?

3rd Party Hosting by Photobucket used to be free, folks had pics that used to come up as a signature for their posts.

But Photobucket have starting charging $400 a year for the service now.

HW

On 2/12/2018 at 10:27 PM, Shipbuilder said:

I'd cut Gareth some slack here. I've no problem with him putting it on report, he got knocked over, request a video.

Video should show innocent collision, end of matter.

If Point of Attack thought Gareth wasn't too bad then miracles are taking place

I believe in miracles because Gareth was fair!!!!!!!!

58 minutes ago, Plan of Attack said:

I believe in miracles because Gareth was fair!!!!!!!!

Too be honest I've watched lots of games from various teams I had no vested interest on TV all winter..also watched live games over here.  The refs are generally very good and never one sided.  I understand that passionate fans see bad calls against their team but they are usually just close calls,  (happens in hockey too) but, all in all, I think the refs do a really good unbiased job...even when Toronto lost to York last year there were some questionable calls but thats just the nature of being human.  I don't think the refs play favourites at all.

Having watched the match back, I think Barrow were a little unfortunate to have had the try ruled out on the stroke of half time. The touch judge raised his flag to indicate that the ball had gone out of play, but the camera shot down the line looked to me like neither the ball nor the player's foot touched the whitewash. It went unmentioned by the TV commentators. 

1 hour ago, Dave W said:

Having watched the match back, I think Barrow were a little unfortunate to have had the try ruled out on the stroke of half time. The touch judge raised his flag to indicate that the ball had gone out of play, but the camera shot down the line looked to me like neither the ball nor the player's foot touched the whitewash. It went unmentioned by the TV commentators. 

Because Noble is on the Toronto pay roll!!

I've got it zoomed in and in slow motion on my phone. Looks a try to me

Yep, def try but can understand why the linesman didn't give it. He had the sun in his eyes.

2 minutes ago, TMF said:

Yep, def try but can understand why the linesman didn't give it. He had the sun in his eyes.

I suppose you're right. If match officials fail to see things that happen right in front of them, it's only right that they balance things out by making decisions based on things they didn't actually see properly.

48 minutes ago, Dave W said:

I suppose you're right. If match officials fail to see things that happen right in front of them, it's only right that they balance things out by making decisions based on things they didn't actually see properly.

Its a good job the linesman found a knock on against Toronto when QLT scored in the first half. They all even themselves out 

1 hour ago, wonderofwood said:

Its a good job the linesman found a knock on against Toronto when QLT scored in the first half. They all even themselves out 

Brian Noble had plenty to say about that particular incident. Nothing at all about the disallowed Barrow try. 

5 hours ago, Dave W said:

Brian Noble had plenty to say about that particular incident. Nothing at all about the disallowed Barrow try. 

2 hours ago, wonderofwood said:

I haven't seen the game back . Was Nobby &  Woods waxing lyrical about their Canadian superstars ? 

Hey...you guys have got to give it up....Barrow played great and rose to the challenge...good on ya!!!

Give it up will ya...another week another victim!  Time to move on.

"Run, Move On With The Pack!!!

22 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Hey...you guys have got to give it up....Barrow played great and rose to the challenge...good on ya!!!

Give it up will ya...another week another victim!  Time to move on.

"Run, Move On With The Pack!!!

How dare Barrow fans on a Barrow page discuss the last game Barrow played!

shame on you all!

15 hours ago, The Vet said:

How dare Barrow fans on a Barrow page discuss the last game Barrow played!

shame on you all!

Thats exactly what I've been trying to tell them....they just don't get it!

Archived