Rochdale game

ojx

Kick off 3:45pm EST on Friday, unless I am mistaken. 

Will the 3 Brewers be showing the game?  Have to duck out of work early :onthequiet:.

Should be a chance to see Gareth O'Brien for the first time.

We need to keep pace with the top 3. Hopefully Batley can beat Featherstone and Halifax can win in Toulouse.

We have to win this one to keep the streak going...is this the 'thug' team that was so often mentioned last year?...better make sure we have Bussey and Emmitt in the starters just to set them straight off the go.

2 hours ago, Kayakman said:

We have to win this one to keep the streak going...is this the 'thug' team that was so often mentioned last year?...better make sure we have Bussey and Emmitt in the starters just to set them straight off the go.

K-man, where do I sign up for the Bussey fan club?

As a hornet fan, I think you will win quite easily we are not in a great shape at the moment with financial difficulties and poor consistency in our playing. The pitch will suit both teams as both like to throw the ball about but you are full time and the speed and fitness you have will be to much. A score line like swintons is to be expected.

15 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Do you know why we where called that?, because we had just be promoted and would not be bullied by the other clubs and because some of the established clubs lost to us or did not beat us by the score line they expected, we are an aggressive pack but not dirty.

19 minutes ago, The Lad said:

Do you know why we where called that?, because we had just be promoted and would not be bullied by the other clubs and because some of the established clubs lost to us or did not beat us by the score line they expected, we are an aggressive pack but not dirty.

I believe you...the exact same thing happened to Toronto and I bet some of them are the same posters...looking forward to a great game, should be a hard hitting affair.

I have a soft spot for Rochdale, they won't roll over and I can see them making it tricky for TWP but I can't see away for them to get a result against a Toronto side with higher quality players.

Batley v us (Fev) looks a tastey match, we have the better team but Batley is not an easy place to win at. There's only around 10 miles between the two grounds as the crow flies too so there's local bragging rights to play for too.

Toulouse will probably beat Halifax in France but i'm not sure they'll destroy them. Toulouse finished below Halifax last year and although it looks like they've got off to a good start this year, they've only had two games against top teams, they narrowly beat Leigh and before that they were easily beaten when they came to Featherstone. I think we'll get a better feel for how good they actually are in a few weeks after they play you guys and London.

1 minute ago, Kayakman said:

I believe you...the exact same thing happened to Toronto and I bet some of them are the same posters...looking forward to a great game, should be a hard hitting affair.

You would have defiantly exasperated it at York, keighley and Barrow. we have some hard tacklers and no nonsense players but I bet you got them to. Thug is just what a team calls you when you have put up a fight lol.

On ‎18‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 10:40 PM, Kayakman said:

No doubt we'll be 'thugs' again.....even if we just give you a game.

I don't half hope we do.

14 minutes ago, owfener said:

No doubt we'll be 'thugs' again.....even if we just give you a game.

I don't half hope we do.

Well I do hope that you give us a good game and we know you guys are tough...I think the thug thing has been cleared up on this thread already  and that you guys just play a hard nosed game; especially in the forwards, and some other teams took offence to it and gave you the label....some have done the same to TWP so we understand the error of their ways....looking forward to a hard physical contested match .

All the best to you  Rochdale.

On 19/03/2018 at 5:00 PM, RobertAM said:

should be great match.. and don't worry about Toulouse..they're gonna be sore and downhearted after we're done with them!

Don’t be so sure - Olympique are a class act and destroyed us at Tetleys Stadium- Jonathan Ford is the best stand off in the championship by far. Pity it is on magick weekend as I would have been interested to see how many treizistes would venture to Toronto to see the French in action?

On ‎20‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 7:26 PM, Kayakman said:

Well I do hope that you give us a good game and we know you guys are tough...I think the thug thing has been cleared up on this thread already  and that you guys just play a hard nosed game; especially in the forwards, and some other teams took offence to it and gave you the label....some have done the same to TWP so we understand the error of their ways....looking forward to a hard physical contested match .

All the best to you  Rochdale.

That's fair enough, mate.

Hope it's a good game. I'm sure your fellas will enjoy the playing surface.....and the grub after.

We attracted  the wrath of the refs on many occasions, last season, not to mention the opposing fans, and gained a bit of a reputation the season before with TO and a certain Mr Betts' comments following the Challenge Cup tie against Widnes.

Have a good season.

so who's going to be our kicker?

Last game McCrone and Brieley were splitting the kicks no? i could be wrong, was listening on the radio at work and was in and out at times but now that O'Brian is here will he be 1st choice kicker? Brierley has't been the strongest kicker i think everyone can agree. conversions will win games now, not icing on the cake like lats year.

33 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

so who's going to be our kicker?

Last game McCrone and Brieley were splitting the kicks no? i could be wrong, was listening on the radio at work and was in and out at times but now that O'Brian is here will he be 1st choice kicker? Brierley has't been the strongest kicker i think everyone can agree. conversions will win games now, not icing on the cake like lats year.

I heard on the radio McCrone was kicking against Kells but saw a by line somewhere that it was Brierley?  Whoever it was kicked very well...go with whoever that was?

2 hours ago, Kayakman said:

I heard on the radio McCrone was kicking against Kells but saw a by line somewhere that it was Brierley?  Whoever it was kicked very well...go with whoever that was?

The Radio commentators couldn't tell the difference between McCrone and Brierley........DUH!!!   It was Brierley and he kicked up a storm.  Believe he wasn't too happy not getting the credit for his performance while the game was on.

they don't look anything alike lol!

i still think his kicking game is in development and come qualifiers i would rather have the real deal than someone with training wheels on. when the conditions are off he's been pretty bad, basically every other game he goes cold and then has a hot game.

i know we have the squad lineup already but some reasons for a few players not making the cut..added whiting to my fantasy team and WTF...he get's sick.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/2018/03/22/toronto-wolfpack-still-dealing-with-impact-of-tumultuous-pre-season.html

"Toronto will be missing hooker Bob Beswick (knee) and halfback Blake Wallace (groin) for Friday’s game at Rochdale Hornets (1-3-0). Joe Westerman, Rich Whiting and Nick Rawsthorne have all been dealing with illness this week."

Archived