With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

12 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

I watched a very similar more detailed video, and it made it seem quite silly that people were picking Ngannou. It clearly demonstrated the level that a top boxer like AJ is working at.

Tbh it made the Fury thing seem even stranger. Yes he had a bad night, but it really shouldn't have mattered. Someone as good as Fury should've been able to spot those things a mile off.

On 09/03/2024 at 12:37, StandOffHalf said:

I have tended to enjoy the cross-over fights - Toney v Couture, McGregor v Mayweather, Cyborg boxing, and Ngannou's ventures into the ring.

Money will always talk. 

I think my point was that the appeal will be less, because it shattered the illusion that an MMA fighter can actually compete. I've enjoyed the events as well. 

I've no doubt we'll still see them in some capacity, but I can't see another top boxing heavyweight near their prime taking a fight like this. 

Tbf, Fury-Ngannou was the first time a top active boxer fought an MMA fighter. Mayweather wasn't the same thing.

20 hours ago, Maximus Decimus said:

I think my point was that the appeal will be less, because it shattered the illusion that an MMA fighter can actually compete. I've enjoyed the events as well. 

I've no doubt we'll still see them in some capacity, but I can't see another top boxing heavyweight near their prime taking a fight like this. 

Tbf, Fury-Ngannou was the first time a top active boxer fought an MMA fighter. Mayweather wasn't the same thing.

I think it depends on the individual MMA fighter as to whether they can compete.

Israel Adesanya has had success in NZ boxing tournaments.

Who would of thought 30/40 years ago that only one Heavyweight from the USA would be in the top 10 rankings with rest made up of 3 British and the other 6 coming from Ukraine, New Zealand, Cuba, Germany, Croatia, China.

It's breath fresh air not having the dominance of the USA of the past BUT now can we ended the circus of Jake Paul, KSI and Tommy Fury pease.

On 13/03/2024 at 19:03, EggFace said:

It's breath fresh air not having the dominance of the USA of the past BUT now can we ended the circus of Jake Paul, KSI and Tommy Fury pease.

• Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

4 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

I really want Tyson do to that in the first 2/3 rounds after that it's all on fitness from the upstart youth.

I just don't want it to be like Evander Holyfield lose in the 1st round against MMA Victor Belfront first Boxing match.

• 2 weeks later...

Tim Tszyu lost on points to Sebastian Fundora in the WBO super welterweight title match that Fox has been publicising for weeks during NRL coverage. Fellow Aussies Liam Wilson and Michael Zerafa also lost their world titles over the weekend.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

27 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Tim Tszyu lost on points to Sebastian Fundora in the WBO super welterweight title match that Fox has been publicising for weeks during NRL coverage. Fellow Aussies Liam Wilson and Michael Zerafa also lost their world titles over the weekend.

He’s 6 foot 6 did you know . I’m sure they mentioned it in passing 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

BLOODY tough fight.