Jonty Gorley leaves

Haven 1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Billy Bob said:

Withe the upset this is causing with most of our players I would rather see Leon go and keep Jonty.

Yeah because that wouldn't cause any upset at all would it ffs get a grip! 

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

No fallout, no loss of club,no travellers vs locals just Leon wants a more experienced assistant it says in the paper...new assistant to be named next week..

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

16 minutes ago, anok4u said:

No fallout, no loss of club,no travellers vs locals just Leon wants a more experienced assistant it says in the paper...new assistant to be named next week..

That’s Leon’s prerogative at the end of the day. However I think Jonty has plenty of experience himself, a good knowledge of local players and is Town through and through. The sort of person the club needs.

20 minutes ago, Rango said:

That’s Leon’s prerogative at the end of the day. However I think Jonty has plenty of experience himself, a good knowledge of local players and is Town through and through. The sort of person the club needs.

I agree but in Leons words "im new to coaching and i need to get someone in so that i can get advice from a very experienced coach" 

I like jonty and wish he could have stayed along side this experienced coach but maybe its funds or something but its answered some questions, because the conspiracy theories on here sometimes can be stupid! 

13 minutes ago, anok4u said:

I agree but in Leons words "im new to coaching and i need to get someone in so that i can get advice from a very experienced coach" 

I like jonty and wish he could have stayed along side this experienced coach but maybe its funds or something but its answered some questions, because the conspiracy theories on here sometimes can be stupid! 

If that's the case fair enough, but the club should have kept Jonty in some capacity, he is the only guy that club had that is fully respected and trusted by the local amateur clubs and players. 

Maybe Jonty didn’t want that? He was obviously miffed by the way he went on twitter immediately . The reaction from some of our players and ex players although understandable was unprofessional. As far as I can see this club or players haven’t commented on that debacle down the road but true to form they had a bit of fun over this. 

6 out of first 7 posts on here from Haven fans (or trolls) - I honestly don't know enough to comment but Is there a connection between Haven and Gorley?

I think between his role in the amateur game, cumbria storm and work at sellafield hes gotten to know alot of people

Its a shame that hes left the club as hes a great coach and a great bloke but whats done is done, an assistant coach from a previous regime leaving isnt an alien concept. Hopefully whoever comes in will bring a fresh impetus to the team

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

30 minutes ago, Cl1998 said:

88405CB2-E063-4527-84FB-2DF469AC3EFD.png

To be honest,I would have demoted Craig(McDowell) and kept Jonty.I know our coach(Leon) has played together with Craig but, sentiments should not come into play when we are dealing with coaches especially ones like jonty who knows Cumbria rugby league like the back of his hand.I do not know if Craig has any qualifications in coaching, but i still would have kept jonty for his knowledge of the game, and his standing has a top bloke who can attract local players to our club.I really hope that Leon can bring in a good man to replace jonty and bring our club back to playing good rugby and, some of our fans that have stayed away for whatever reason..

2 hours ago, troutmaster said:

To be honest,I would have demoted Craig(McDowell) and kept Jonty.I know our coach(Leon) has played together with Craig but, sentiments should not come into play when we are dealing with coaches especially ones like jonty who knows Cumbria rugby league like the back of his hand.I do not know if Craig has any qualifications in coaching, but i still would have kept jonty for his knowledge of the game, and his standing has a top bloke who can attract local players to our club.I really hope that Leon can bring in a good man to replace jonty and bring our club back to playing good rugby and, some of our fans that have stayed away for whatever reason..

To be fair mate, none of us know who does what behind the scenes and Leon certainly doesn’t seem to be the type to bring sentiment into his decisions. If the coach dosent think there was the experience there to support him then the call is the right one and hopefully his coach brings what is needed to push this stuttering season onto the next level 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

32 minutes ago, Carlisle1921 said:

Leon said at one of the fans forums in pre season that McDowell was instrumental in getting us Wilkes, Miller and Newton. Not sure of the others though

I believe them signings were more down to money rather than CMc

I believe the children are the future.

As someone says very few know what goes on and quite frankly it’s not love island - we don’t need to. Everyone has an opinion and has heard something or other about everything. Key for me is that the current lot look like they’re avoiding situations like those down the road and have the ability to pay people through the books to play rather than get a freebie. I’m happy with that. 

5 minutes ago, notasdaftasilook said:

I believe the children are the future.

As someone says very few know what goes on and quite frankly it’s not love island - we don’t need to. Everyone has an opinion and has heard something or other about everything. Key for me is that the current lot look like they’re avoiding situations like those down the road and have the ability to pay people through the books to play rather than get a freebie. I’m happy with that. 

None more so than yourself.

6 minutes ago, RayH said:

Can’t see it working out with leon long term

Why’s that ? He’s strong minded , obviously knows what he wants , has high standards and expectations to no doubt , for himself so by definition for us . Instills discipline to  . Couldn’t really fault him so far in a first year , he’s had a go , some work some don’t but that’s the game . He’s putting everything in that’s for sure 

Archived