Sign in to follow this  
audois

Rob Elstone

58 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Sorry you had to endure such a terrible evening, I wouldn’t want to wish that on anybody. Shows how much waste there is in Union if someone’s willing to spend half a mil on that clown...........

One way of looking at it. 

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

16 hours ago, John Drake said:

What a crazy way to run a sport.

What a crazy way to run anything!

Agreements take time. They require compromise.

The best outcomes are unlikely to ever be achieved by one side stomping all over another.

To play devils advocate, as I certainly haven't been overly impressed by some of the recent actions, but if there are 11 SL clubs who want change, but being told no by Leeds plus Championship clubs, it seems odd to not use the governance approach agreed.

The format of SL sits with SLE clubs, yet politely following this process has led to deadline after deadline being missed on this. Remember the original claim that the format would be agreed in advance of the season? Maybe the game had reached a stalemate?

It would seem perverse NOT to use their stated rights wouldn't it?

Edited by Dave T

I was chatting to someone last night that has met Elstone a few times and he said that he was highly impressed and was exactly what the game needed. He said that he was a top notch businessman and was a world away from those that have held leadership roles in RL in the recent past.

4 hours ago, Damien said:

I was chatting to someone last night that has met Elstone a few times and he said that he was highly impressed and was exactly what the game needed. He said that he was a top notch businessman and was a world away from those that have held leadership roles in RL in the recent past.

We should though remember that he has also held leadership roles in the past in RL.

Very interested to see how he goes, but I agree with the concern of the poster saying it is a lot of soundbites. Now that is to be expected early on to an extent, but I don't think he has said a single specific thing he will do yet. Ian Lenegan did the majority of talking at that opening conference.

I liked him saying he will be held fully accountable, I look forward to that happening. This needs to be a major step up from how the RFL have been running SL, otherwise it is a clear waste of money.