Newcastle away

scott

Rumblings are that we are one of a few teams after tee for next season, hopefully we are able to seal the deal with him as we’re desperate for some pace. There’s only ell who’s got any real pace out there 

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Kaz said:

Wow, just heard Leon’s interview! Says a number of players won’t be playing for the club again !!!! Not good with the play offs just round the corner!!!! 

Given that we have 2 players outside the 19 that were named that are fit,  I don’t think he has a lot of choice who he picks in the next couple of matches. I have the utmost respect for Leon but could that not be one of those occasions where he would have been better not giving an interview immediately after such a dismal performance. I don’t think anyone of those playing would purposefully go out and play as they did and indeed watching it there was effort there, typified by Jamie Doran and Karl Olstrum in particular, even if the overall performance was dire. 

19 minutes ago, IanMac said:

Given that we have 2 players outside the 19 that were named that are fit,  I don’t think he has a lot of choice who he picks in the next couple of matches. I have the utmost respect for Leon but could that not be one of those occasions where he would have been better not giving an interview immediately after such a dismal performance. I don’t think anyone of those playing would purposefully go out and play as they did and indeed watching it there was effort there, typified by Jamie Doran and Karl Olstrum in particular, even if the overall performance was dire. 

Yeh I agree, I think it was said out of frustration!  There were some poor performances yesterday,  but I think it was just a bad day at the office all round! Hopefully once Leon has calmed down. He will see we don’t have much options as to who can play! 

3 minutes ago, Kaz said:

It was on Radio Cumbria in the build up to the Haven game David. 

Cheers I just caught it on catch up . I’m surprised the reporter just let that go and just repeated his usual question about injuries . Big statement that , whether he can do it or not I’d be interested who he’s thinking of 

58 minutes ago, Kaz said:

Wow, just heard Leon’s interview! Says a number of players won’t be playing for the club again !!!! Not good with the play offs just round the corner!!!! 

He was obviously fuming and maybe said a few things in the heat of the moment when emotions were a bit raw. He might be thinking differently this morning.

Just listened to it and it was very interesting listening to Liam Campbell’s take on it as an ex player. To be honest I would kind of agree with Liam that those sort of comments are kept in the team room or on a 1 to 1 basis. Leon has built a great spirit within the club so it would be a shame if comments said in the heat of the moment were to spoil that.

8 minutes ago, IanMac said:

Just listened to it and it was very interesting listening to Liam Campbell’s take on it as an ex player. To be honest I would kind of agree with Liam that those sort of comments are kept in the team room or on a 1 to 1 basis. Leon has built a great spirit within the club so it would be a shame if comments said in the heat of the moment were to spoil that.

Leon may be a decent coach, but his man management is terrible

7 minutes ago, Brookie said:

Leon may be a decent coach, but his man management is terrible

Really ? It looked good after last week and from what players have said in interviews . Plenty of coaches have gone off in interviews before . 

1 hour ago, Onreport said:

Looks like last week had an efect on York too!

At least today,s results have gone as well as we could have hoped, haven done us a big favour

Looks like we are gonna finish fourth and let’s see what the meeting decides 

I am pleased we have a coach who sets high standards, just a shame that this team is not quite good enough to get us over the line this season especially with the possibility of three teams going up. What puzzles me is that three players who were signed at the start of the season, and have not featured for weeks and along with Cain Barnes have not been replaced.

25 minutes ago, town blue said:

I am pleased we have a coach who sets high standards, just a shame that this team is not quite good enough to get us over the line this season especially with the possibility of three teams going up. What puzzles me is that three players who were signed at the start of the season, and have not featured for weeks and along with Cain Barnes have not been replaced.

Has Ben Morris not replaced Caine? 

We brought in Sam Wood, Moimoi Olstrom and the two loan lads from Huddersfield as well over the course of the seasonso I would say they have been replaced. 

1 hour ago, town blue said:

With big changes promised I’d say tansey leatherbarra and foster will be in next week ... must be super conditioned by now.

3 hours ago, Onreport said:

Looks like last week had an efect on York too!

At least today,s results have gone as well as we could have hoped, haven done us a big favour

I wouldn’t say that. They’re playing a team vying for 3rd place who stuffed us at DP. We were playing a team who’d lost more than they’d won.

As for the coach, winning games can disguise a number of things. Every time there’s a couple of losses the toya are out of the pram.

On the strength of that where will we be if those players themselves decide they won’t play again........

No doubt it’ll then be the boards fault for not having a big enough squad.

A very disappointing result and display on Saturday, Newcastle were just brilliant a very quick, that Lewis young looks a hell of a player. I hope all the fans that turned out against York and travelled to Newcastle stay and come down again Sunday and back the team, yes we are all gutted but we still have two very important games to come let’s finish as high as we can and anything can happen in these play offs! 

UTT

Archived