Jump to content
Total Rugby League Fans Forum
Sign in to follow this  
moorside roughyed

Bradford

Recommended Posts

Well then, we're at their place then. I know in the past I said I wouldn't go to odsall because I thought it was a bit pricey. But this isn't an ordinary game,it's our cup final so me and my son will be going. I'm not buying anything though (tight git me).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Bradford were not very good today,but there again they left 6 or 7 players out who will be playing next week.A chance to give 3 or 4 Academy kids a game who all played well but unfortunately for them will not be playing next week.It will certainly be a tough game for both teams,could go either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who will replace Nelmes and Davies on the bench?

I would go all out and have as many attack minded players as possible irrespective of size. Odsal is a massive pitch so plundering down the middle can't be an option that's why I am suggesting an attack mentality from everywhere - nothing to lose but so much to gain.

We gave them 24 points at our place but showed what the Yeds are made of by nilling them with 12 men.

Question as always, who's the man in the middle?.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We usually stand in the section nearest the scoreboard, decent view amongst very decent Bradford fans. No idea tbh where everyone else will go. All I know is we will be in the Top House at Odsal as per usual for a pre match pint. Great pub that one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to laugh at Bradford fans, some now complaining that a terrace ticket is £18 in advance with booking fee £18.45 or £20 on the day (adult), some saying they won't pay it or can't afford it,when I said on Twitter back in April it was extortionate at Odsal I was told by Bulls fans to either pay it or get stuffed and they defended the £20 admission price ?, now they have to pay because it's a split gate and not included in season tickets they are moaning like a good un. Welcome to how it feels as an away fan at Odsal ha. 

How the heck they can charge adults £20 for standing and £25 for a seat is beyond me. Absolute daylight robbery in League 1.

Hope not too many stay away though, we could do with the pay out from this game, was expecting 4000+ for the semi, but with streaming etc it could be much less.

Oldham will suffer financially through no fault of our own if some of the Bulls amazing fans don't want to pay to watch their own team! Be interesting to see the crowd figure for this.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, roughyed34 said:

Have to laugh at Bradford fans, some now complaining that a terrace ticket is £18 in advance with booking fee £18.45 or £20 on the day (adult), some saying they won't pay it or can't afford it,when I said on Twitter back in April it was extortionate at Odsal I was told by Bulls fans to either pay it or get stuffed and they defended the £20 admission price ?, now they have to pay because it's a split gate and not included in season tickets they are moaning like a good un. Welcome to how it feels as an away fan at Odsal ha. 

How the heck they can charge adults £20 for standing and £25 for a seat is beyond me. Absolute daylight robbery in League 1.

Hope not too many stay away though, we could do with the pay out from this game, was expecting 4000+ for the semi, but with streaming etc it could be much less.

Oldham will suffer financially through no fault of our own if some of the Bulls amazing fans don't want to pay to watch their own team! Be interesting to see the crowd figure for this.

Agreed,it is extortion. I think they have delusions of grandeur if you ask me. I'm going because it's a big game for us. If they think I'm getting any food or drink whilst there they're got another thing coming. I was raised by a Yorkshireman so I'll play em at their own game,I'll spend exactly what I need to,not a penny more.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely mate, I usually have 1 or 2 beers in the ground but only because we meet some genuine Bradford friends and have a jar with them .

At the Good Friday game on top of the ticket price, it was a £5 for parking (is this weekend too) £4.80 for a can of Guinness I was told, and one of our fans with a pram (and missus) was told it would be a £5 each to transfer to the seats because they wouldn't let him use the slope access to get to the front of the terrace with the pram, they had to stand right at the top of the terracing on the flat bit because obvs they refused the kind offer to spend even more brass! Disgraceful. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roughyed, There will be a good crowd do not worry.Lots of free parking in the streets around there.Silly comment about delusions of grandeur ,every Bulls fan I know is just glad we have a team to support.I am sure you at Oldham are the same.There seems to be a fair few idiotic supporters from York though even though they have deservedly won the Championship still have a blind hatred of anything Bradford.As you say have a superb amount of supporters,yes in days gone by they had a lot who jumped on the bandwagon,just as York have now. A couple of years ago they were lucky to get 200 there now all of a sudden they seem to think their club is the best thing since sliced bread.Let us see if they are still around in a couple of years when the bubble bursts,and it will.Anyway hopefully the best team will win at the weekend and hopefully R.L. is the winner and no debating Referees decisions afterwards.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, fairfolly said:

Roughyed, There will be a good crowd do not worry.Lots of free parking in the streets around there.Silly comment about delusions of grandeur ,every Bulls fan I know is just glad we have a team to support.I am sure you at Oldham are the same.There seems to be a fair few idiotic supporters from York though even though they have deservedly won the Championship still have a blind hatred of anything Bradford.As you say have a superb amount of supporters,yes in days gone by they had a lot who jumped on the bandwagon,just as York have now. A couple of years ago they were lucky to get 200 there now all of a sudden they seem to think their club is the best thing since sliced bread.Let us see if they are still around in a couple of years when the bubble bursts,and it will.Anyway hopefully the best team will win at the weekend and hopefully R.L. is the winner and no debating Referees decisions afterwards.

Every club has it's idiots.

My only issue with Bradford is due to the off field difficulties the York volunteers encountered at the first match of the season - I should've known it would be a long day when a member of the Bradford staff demanded to know why his tickets weren't ready, we had just 3 mins earlier been granted access to our matchday base by our masters, York City FC and were currently getting setup ready for the volunteer briefing. What followed as some Bradford fans came into the club shop over the next few hours pushed a lot of us to our limits. We were called amateurs, a joke club, we were told we'd be reported because there was no car park, some said would be writing letters to the League Express because the shop had a step which made access difficult. One volunteer - she's been involved for 18 years here and has seen many 'bubbles burst' was close to tears. There seemed to be a real feeling of self entitlement from those we encountered.

Maybe we caught a lot of people on a bad day but I saw similar comments from the Keighley setup at Bradford's next away match, and of course there's the now infamous 'streamgate' when the Bradford chairman released a statement calling the actions of the Workington club amateur and selfish.

But...as I say every club has those who let the side down, and I try to remember the good Bradford fans...those who put money into the York club, who bought programmes, wished us well, those who shook our hands after Odsal and said we deserved promotion.

Every club goes through highs and lows, and I've no doubt York will have plenty of both in the future. I don't think the bubble will burst in a few years, but if it does I'd hope there are plenty here who can rally round and act with grace and humility.

All the best to both Bradford and Oldham in the playoffs, I'll be watching the live stream, a great initiative by the Bulls. ?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As you say Knight every club has its idiots,I have seen plenty of them at Odsal over the years and they were so called Bradford supporters.Quite obviously you have a few at your club to.As I say you always get,I won,t say supporters because they are not,people who jump on the bandwagon,get a dislike for a certain club,ridicule that club and then turn on their own club and players when they lose a couple of games.Your true supporters are the couple of hundred who supported you through thick and thin whatever the result the same as the majority of supporters who have stuck with the Bulls through many years of one financial disaster after another.As for the volunteers at your club to be subject to abuse from any supporter is disgusting and whoever is responsible should be ashamed of themselves.However I think you will find they will mostly be "tough guys" who have never played R.L. and would run a mile if confronted by any R.L. or ex R.L. player.Congratulations also on winning the title,you deserve it,you finished top of the table,nuff said.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, fairfolly said:

As you say Knight every club has its idiots,I have seen plenty of them at Odsal over the years and they were so called Bradford supporters.Quite obviously you have a few at your club to.As I say you always get,I won,t say supporters because they are not,people who jump on the bandwagon,get a dislike for a certain club,ridicule that club and then turn on their own club and players when they lose a couple of games.Your true supporters are the couple of hundred who supported you through thick and thin whatever the result the same as the majority of supporters who have stuck with the Bulls through many years of one financial disaster after another.As for the volunteers at your club to be subject to abuse from any supporter is disgusting and whoever is responsible should be ashamed of themselves.However I think you will find they will mostly be "tough guys" who have never played R.L. and would run a mile if confronted by any R.L. or ex R.L. player.Congratulations also on winning the title,you deserve it,you finished top of the table,nuff said.

Thank you fairfolly, by no means a dig at the Bradford club but just wanted to point out every club has it's idiots. That's partly why I fell out of love with watching Castleford (my first team), seeing a handful of fans fighting amongst themselves at the grand final was a real low. On a related note I remember some classic Cas-Bulls matches, there's one in the challenge cup which comes to mind, I thinnk it was 1997, Cas won but Bradford outnumbered the home support!

I've mentioned in other posts I wasn't there for a lot of the bad times at York, my first games were in 2016 and they were struggling to beat Coventry in front of 450, I guess I became involved at the right time even though there were all the off field problems at the end of 2016.

As for the abuse, maybe it was just a bad day for everyone. Hopefully the next time we meet will be at the new stadium and it will be an all round better setup and things will run smoother. Also some good came out of it, because soon after I asked and was given a few pages in the programme, one of which I use to focus on what we as volunteers do to help the club, hopefully it's made people more aware. Not that we are immune from criticsm, far from it as we make mistakes but as I've wrote in my column on a number of occassions, we can always do with another pair of hands to help out. I guess it's the same for most clubs in the lower leagues.

Sorry to hijack your thread, Oldham fans! I'm sure you'll make yourselves heard at Odsal, you certainly did at Bootham.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One post removed.  Please try and be nice.    

  • Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always had a soft spot for Oldham since the four Grand Final defeats and will never forget the look on Tony Benson's face at the end of the defeat to York as I shook his hand.

I'll only be watching the stream... but I'll be shouting for Oldham. All the best, guys.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Roughyed 71 said:

Forget the live streaming lark,I'll be there in the flesh with my fellow Roughyeds. Can't wait,should be a cracker. Semi final sudden death,anything can happen. UP THE YEDS!

I'll be there too mate.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, andyacko said:

Always had a soft spot for Oldham since the four Grand Final defeats and will never forget the look on Tony Benson's face at the end of the defeat to York as I shook his hand.

I'll only be watching the stream... but I'll be shouting for Oldham. All the best, guys.

That defeat at Warrington was a sickener. The four grand final defeats were equally disappointing but we got there in the end. We managed a couple of seasons up there. The jump from league 1 to the championship is massive. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

I'll be there too mate.

There are a few knights fans coming to the game, to cheer Oldham on. Hoping to make it over myself, work commitments permitting. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jayemm said:

There are a few knights fans coming to the game, to cheer Oldham on. Hoping to make it over myself, work commitments permitting. 

We'll do our best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...