Please sign this petition stop RU @ Fev High school

ov fev

Hi, please just take a few seconds to sign this petition if you would

Featherstone Academy part of the Rodillian Trust have decided to stop all rugby league in school and play Rugby Union.

Both Featherstone Rovers and Lions are against this

This change could effect both the amateur and professional game in the town.

https://www.change.org/p/featherstone-stop-featherstone-academy-from-breaking-tradition-and-changing-to-rugby-union-school

“We are very proud of our traditions as a local community with one of those traditions being Rugby League.  I was extremely surprised and disappointed, first of all to see the petition regarding the Academy banning Rugby League and only delivering Rugby Union, and then secondly to read the statement supporting the petition by Featherstone Rovers.  At no point have I, as Head of School at The Featherstone Academy, or any of my teaching or support staff said we are banning or stopping Rugby League."

LINK

Why has RU been introduced into the curriculum? Was it as a request from the pupils or have you a vested interest in the change?  You may not be banning RL but will the emphasis in the future be on giving RU more encouragement than RL in the playing of games? Perhaps the petition was brought about as the feeling is that a change of emphasis is occurring.   

• 1 month later...

Did I fall for the 3 card trick with this one?. Since signing on the 5th of November, I have received loads of e-mails urging me to support projects all over the uk. Not good enough IMO.

1 hour ago, saddleworth said:

Did I fall for the 3 card trick with this one?. Since signing on the 5th of November, I have received loads of e-mails urging me to support projects all over the uk. Not good enough IMO.

I’m afraid that’s the norm when signing petitions on line 

Im Fev and im proud

Being aged 84, I am afraid that I am not up to speed with the hidden agendas of IT, Maureen. Should be issued with a health warning. All the best to Yourself and Hubby for the festive season.

Archived