Beaumont stopped with incorrect number plate - Typical Daily Mail

Damien

On 11/16/2018 at 12:56 PM, Damien said:

Imagine my surprise looking at the Daily Mail website (yes the shame but I wanted to see what they had to say about Brexit) and one of the headlines immediately below the Brexit stuff is this:

Millionaire owner, 47, of rugby league club who was stopped on the M60 for not displaying a number plate on his £300,000 Lamborghini is fined £440 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6396851/Millionaire-fined-440-not-displaying-number-plate-300-000-Lamborghini.html

Now this isn't really about Beaumont or the fact he has been caught infringing the law. It is more my amazement to the prevalence on the Daily Mail site, particularly so when they don't even show a link to their Rugby League section, if I can call it that. I highly doubt that any other sport which barely ever gets a mention, even for big events and internationals, would  have such a prevalent headline on that site.  However when its a bit of bad news its an entirely different story. It just shows the bias that Rugby League has to face with large sections of the media.

I stopped reading when I saw the mail can't spell licence 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Konkrete said:

Leigh are not going bust because of two players.  If they go bust it’s entirely because of their dreadful owner.

A clear and very recent precedent has been set. Should Leigh go bust then there should be a points deduction and continuation in their current division should they come through administration. If that means that they have to rely on young players and loans and get wholloped every week followed by relegation then so be it. If not then resign from the competition in its entirety and restart in the amateur game.

I would imagine that everyone wants Leigh to survive and get back to where they belong.  However, precedents have been set.  

We watch with interest.   

So what are the first offence penalty’s for other clubs like? Remember no HMRC debt here just Director loans and a couple of contracts, plus a dispute with LSV over steward costs at a game in 2016

1 hour ago, sweaty craiq said:

So what are the first offence penalty’s for other clubs like? Remember no HMRC debt here just Director loans and a couple of contracts, plus a dispute with LSV over steward costs at a game in 2016

"when the Club couldn’t pay them and was facing a winding up petition from HMRC. "

Taken from lovely cuddly degsys statement in August. This also is not Leigh centurions first offence is it?

2 hours ago, dkw said:

"when the Club couldn’t pay them and was facing a winding up petition from HMRC. "

Taken from lovely cuddly degsys statement in August. This also is not Leigh centurions first offence is it?

Are you stating that LCRLFC owe the revenue?? My understanding is that the tax bill was met in full. What you are misquoting is the situation when Derek got involved again, players hadn’t been paid and there was a winding up order, a group of local lads took over which included Derek. The tax and players got paid and the rest then followed

18 hours ago, Konkrete said:

Leigh are not going bust because of two players.  If they go bust it’s entirely because of their dreadful owner.

A clear and very recent precedent has been set. Should Leigh go bust then there should be a points deduction and continuation in their current division should they come through administration. If that means that they have to rely on young players and loans and get wholloped every week followed by relegation then so be it. If not then resign from the competition in its entirety and restart in the amateur game.

I would imagine that everyone wants Leigh to survive and get back to where they belong.  However, precedents have been set.  

We watch with interest.   

Thanks,will let my friend know!

When was the last club to enter cva with a pre pack in place, and what was the penalty? Over 75% of the debt is to Derek so he controls the entire process here, and the business has no financial barriers once the Evans contract is resolved. As i see this derek can agree to 1p in the pound and newco gets formed, am i missing something?

1 hour ago, sweaty craiq said:

When was the last club to enter cva with a pre pack in place, and what was the penalty? Over 75% of the debt is to Derek so he controls the entire process here, and the business has no financial barriers once the Evans contract is resolved. As i see this derek can agree to 1p in the pound and newco gets formed, am i missing something?

I think a CVA is classed as insolvency.

If a Club does incur an Insolvency Event, then the Board of the Rugby Football League has the right to terminate that Club’s Membership of the Rugby Football League and grant Membership to another entity on such terms as it sees fit. The Board’s Insolvency Policy sets out how it will usually exercise its discretion and states that one of the conditions imposed on any new Member will, save in specified cases, be a sporting sanction of a 12-point deduction. This sends a clear message to Clubs of the unacceptability of Insolvency Events.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

2 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

Its odd to see some Leigh fans try to position the supposed pre-pack nature of this as some kind of mitigation. Isnt it exactly the kind of situation the punishment were put in place to punish.

My understanding was the punishment was designed to appease hmrc who a lot of clubs seemed to treat as an after thought

10 hours ago, Bartholemew Smythe said:

Good to see the usual grubs crawl back out when someone posts anything about Leigh ????

That's no way to talk about the owner. However, he'll not be the first person in the game to break the law and he won't be the last. It's the lack of contrition and respect for the law that winds people up.  Strikes me that he's one of those people who can never accept that he is wrong and gets angry about it. Its not uncommon. Still, if he ends up losing his licence at some point in the future, he can always use the train to get to Leigh.

5 hours ago, damp squib said:

I reckon we should all order brand new, top of the range decking from Deggsy on an instalment plan and then when the first payment is due tell him to ###### off citing the Derek Beaumont precedent.

The problem is some thick folk on here agree with you, they are that stupid they don’t realise the debt is to the finance company and degsy not only makes money on the product but also on selling finance which pays him . RL problem is thick fans on minimum wage or benefits

40 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

The problem is some thick folk on here agree with you, they are that stupid they don’t realise the debt is to the finance company and degsy not only makes money on the product but also on selling finance which pays him . RL problem is thick fans on minimum wage or benefits

Have you got that license plate sorted yet Deggsy?

Archived