Fitness Thread

Just done this.

It was tough, but feel far better for it.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

12 minutes ago, Damien said:

30min cross trainer and 30 exercise bike done followed by 1:16 Sally push ups and 2:02 Sally leg raises.

This thing that impresses me is doing sally after exercise.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

24 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

This thing that impresses me is doing sally after exercise.

Yeah it's just an extra really. I'd obviously do better before but no way could do it before weights especially. 

• Like 1

Week 3, day 3 (from yesterday) - 16, 21, 15, 15, 23

Today was some bench presses that i should of done yesterday, whilst watching Hafthor Bjornsson deadlift 501Kgs.  My 27.5kg  (+ bar!) may be a touch less, but he's been at it longer!

• Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Week 6, day 2:

[excuse]I left this late, as my body ached from exercise yesterday[/excuse]

22-22-30-30-24-24-18-18-58+(63)

At a rate of one pop song per set. I actually felt pretty good and was confident of a few more, but number did not come although my mind gave my arms the order.

2 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Week 3, day 3 (from yesterday) - 16, 21, 15, 15, 23

Today was some bench presses that i should of done yesterday, whilst watching Hafthor Bjornsson deadlift 501Kgs.  My 27.5kg  (+ bar!) may be a touch less, but he's been at it longer!

Good work. Feeling stronger? I assume you are not able to get any walking in these days?

45 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

Good work. Feeling stronger? I assume you are not able to get any walking in these days?

Bare minimum walking.  I pulled something (ligaments/tendons) in my foot about 6 weeks ago, and its nowhere near any better.  Cant do much more than a mile before it's all inflamed again.  Tried new shoes and an ankle support, which helps but not massively.  It's getting in the head slightly as I could be doing 5+ miles a day, and i'm wasting this 'opportunity'.  I'm using it as the excuse to why i'm putting on weight, but its the diet that's the problem there!

Definitely feeling stronger. I can feel the triceps are bigger.  This week I'm going to add in some 'pull' exercises.  

• Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

24 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Bare minimum walking.  I pulled something (ligaments/tendons) in my foot about 6 weeks ago, and its nowhere near any better.  Cant do much more than a mile before it's all inflamed again.  Tried new shoes and an ankle support, which helps but not massively.  It's getting in the head slightly as I could be doing 5+ miles a day, and i'm wasting this 'opportunity'.  I'm using it as the excuse to why i'm putting on weight, but its the diet that's the problem there!

Definitely feeling stronger. I can feel the triceps are bigger.  This week I'm going to add in some 'pull' exercises.  

Pull exercises would be good. Pull ups are good, even if it is just controlled lowering yourself down rather than actually pulling yourself up. I imagine (and, please, excuse me if I am out of turn) that exercises are a challenge when you have the extra weight, if is a greater load. I do not think it is an excuse; diet is part of it but it is also the reality of the circumstances.

Personally, I find a HIIT of doing a small simple exercise for a minute with 20 seconds rest, repeat of till knacked and rest until able to start a gain a little more accessible. But, have access to the heavy bag is really great.

Your progress with the push ups has been startling, good to hear you can feel the progress!

45 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Exhaustion test 78 I’m inching my way up there. 

Good grief!

I am not that far, but on your heels.

Today I did a heavybag workout and was left shattered.

Incidentally, the gym is not as glamorous as might be imagined:

Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 6.17.41 PM.png

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bob8 said:

Good grief!

I am not that far, but on your heels.

Today I did a heavybag workout and was left shattered.

Incidentally, the gym is not as glamorous as might be imagined:

Screen Shot 2020-05-03 at 6.17.41 PM.png

Do you have a really plush gym upstairs but have gone to this one to get the eye of the tiger Back. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, bobbruce said:

Do you have a really plush gym upstairs but have gone to this one to get the eye of the tiger Back. 

My coach has compared me to Mickey rather than Rocky. Mainly because of the cap.

Edited by Bob8

Self diagnosis is that I have Peroneal Tendonitis in the left foot.  Youtube has everything! 

Noticed during some exercises how unstable I am on the left foot.  I can stand balanced on the right fine, but the left I'm very wobbly and would fall over if I didn't hold a chair.  

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Self diagnosis is that I have Peroneal Tendonitis in the left foot.  Youtube has everything! 

Noticed during some exercises how unstable I am on the left foot.  I can stand balanced on the right fine, but the left I'm very wobbly and would fall over if I didn't hold a chair.  

I Googled that. I do not like the look of the symptoms:

Peroneal tendonitis is a common cause of pain around the back and outside of the foot due to injury or damage to the tendons. The peroneal tendons are strong, cord-like structures that link the peroneal muscles of the calf to the bones of the foot.

Symptoms: Pain

11 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

I Googled that. I do not like the look of the symptoms:

Peroneal tendonitis is a common cause of pain around the back and outside of the foot due to injury or damage to the tendons. The peroneal tendons are strong, cord-like structures that link the peroneal muscles of the calf to the bones of the foot.

Symptoms: Pain

I tick all the symptoms.  

1 minute ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

I tick all the symptoms.  

Ouch.

12 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

I tick all the symptoms.  

It doesnt go away. Ever.

I went for a run months ago and this came up for me the next day. Had it since.. worse in the mornings. A bummer if i've slept with my foot outside the sheets with the air-con on.

• Sad 1

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

37 minutes ago, Maximus Decimus said:

First exhaustion test following 2 weeks of the 100 press-up challenge.

Went from 11 to 26, won't scoff at that!

Holy mackrel.

That is pretty dramatic. Bedford Roughyed mentioned he can see the difference in his body, is it the same with you?

Edited by Bob8

Push ups week 6 day 1

45,55,35,30 and 62

even after the first set I could tell it was going to be a struggle. Never managed to get the lactic acid out of arms. 

Edited by bobbruce
  • Like 1

Week 4 day 1 - 18, 22, 16, 16, 26

• Like 1