Fitness Thread

Week 2, Day 2.

10, 12, 9, 9, 13

That 13 was a struggle today.  

• Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

32 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Week 2, Day 2.

10, 12, 9, 9, 13

I though I was being lazy and not that unwell. I went for a walk with the missus and I am knackered.

Well done on making it to Day 3.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

37 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Week 2, Day 2.

10, 12, 9, 9, 13

Even if you’ve struggled on your last set your overall numbers are up by 1 so still going in the right direction. 

• Like 2

A repeat, as last time I took off for a couple of hours half way, and then had a bug for a few days.

Week 5, day 2:

19-19-21-23-18-18-22-55

The rest has done me some good.

• Like 1

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

2 hours ago, Damien said:

1 hour cardio done, then 1:20 push ups and 1:40 leg raises on the Sallys. 

Intense. Good stuff.

14 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

Intense. Good stuff.

Working from home has been a Godsend and has really allowed me to train proper for a good sustained 5 week spell for the first time in years. Obviously I train on and off anyway but it could be 2 times one week, 4 the next, 2 weeks off etc. I've been very up and down ever since I had my Meniscus removed a couple of years ago.

I have to say that generally every aspect of my health physically, mentally, mood, wellbeing etc is much improved. I am certainly a much better person to be around and have far more patience with the kids. I am actually quite fearful of going back to before and the daily grind of commuting, tiredness, stress. It has certainly made me re-evaluate things.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Damien said:

It has certainly made me re-evaluate things.

I think we will see a lot of that all over, from the individual to corporations.  

• Like 2

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

10 minutes ago, Damien said:

Working from home has been a Godsend and has really allowed me to train proper for a good sustained 5 week spell for the first time in years. Obviously I train on and off anyway but it could be 2 times one week, 4 the next, 2 weeks off etc. I've been very up and down ever since I had my Meniscus removed a couple of years ago.

I have to say that generally every aspect of my health physically, mentally, mood, wellbeing etc is much improved. I am certainly a much better person to be around and have far more patience with the kids. I am actually quite fearful of going back to before and the daily grind of commuting, tiredness, stress. It has certainly made me re-evaluate things.

7 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

I think we will see a lot of that all over, from the individual to corporations.  

I am enjoying not travelling.

I miss the regular gym sessions. I am surprised by how much I miss male company, I got to visit a hardware shop today and soaked in the ambience ?

A lot of people are having a tough time, there would have been periods of my life when this would have been hellish. But, we are fortunate.

• Like 1

Pushups week 5 day 3: 20, 20, 24, 24, 20, 20, 22, 50+ (55 actual)

OCD nightmare on this today, after I put my numbers in I'm 1399 since I started!  I got about halfway up pushup #56 and flopped lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobbruce said:

Push ups week 4 day 2

29,33,29,29 and 60

i seem to be stuck around that number anything after 55 is a real struggle. 

1 hour ago, CanaBull said:

Pushups week 5 day 3: 20, 20, 24, 24, 20, 20, 22, 50+ (55 actual)

OCD nightmare on this today, after I put my numbers in I'm 1399 since I started!  I got about halfway up pushup #56 and flopped lol

Great stuff. 
I did half an hour on the heavy bag and it did me good 

• Like 1

Week 2, day 3.  12, 13, 10, 10, 19

• Like 2

Weights done but felt pretty rubbish and tired. Nothing to do with a bottle of wine last night I'm sure. Almost stopped but completed what I normally do. Planks and Sally's done too but nothing special there either after weights. 

Edited by Damien
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Damien said:

Weights done but felt pretty rubbish and tired. Nothing to do with a bottle of wine last night I'm sure. Almost stopped but completed what I normally do. Planks and Sally's done too but nothing special there either after weights. 

Any times?

1 minute ago, Damien said:

1:02 on the push ups and 1:16 with the leg raises. Its always poor after weights and planks plus over the last week I've added 10kg to my bench press which affects things too.

Same here, I am going to go to the heavy bag, then try my push ups later. I expect to fail, but it is the effort that counts. Cheers!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Damien said:

Oh certainly. I think it really makes a big differences if even on paper it's not as good as you'd do 'fresh'. I reckon it's probably a factor I'm being able to go up 10kg on the bench press. 

My record on the sally up is after having a cold and laying up for a bit. Completely misleading.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Damien said:

What are you getting now? 

Just over two minutes.

• Like 1