Fitness Thread

Pushups week 5 day 1: 36, 40, 30, 24, 40+ (53 actual)

Two more than the exhaustion test yesterday!  WTF?!  Takin' it!  Lower reps but more sets starting Wednesday.

Edited by CanaBull
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My rubbishness in the last couple fo days now makes sense, I have a snotty nose and a full on cold. Which is impressive considering how isolated I have been.

Just in case,  will be on full rest.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

22 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

My rubbishness in the last couple fo days now makes sense, I have a snotty nose and a full on cold. Which is impressive considering how isolated I have been.

Hope you get better soon.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bob8 said:

Less press ups and more hand washing.  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Just now, Bedford Roughyed said:

Less press ups and more hand washing.  

The bizarre thing is to have picked it up with all the precautions. I can only blame joggers, many of whom ignore distancing.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Week 2, day 1.

9, 11, 8, 8, 16

• Like 1

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Ross Barkley's coming in for some stick for faking a 5k time by running fast, stopping and pausing his Strava before starting again. 

Some people on Twitter have set a challenge by April 30th called 'The Ross Barkley Challenge' where you try and do the same. Great way to hit a new PB! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Seen kettlebells available to pre order for the 24th May.  Best I have found yet!

I have an 8kg and 12kg but want a 16kg really.  Thinking I should use the 12 for a month then when the 16 arrives I'll be ready to step up.

Trying to work out which days to do things.

Mon, Wed and Sat are currently press up and bench press (3x10 of a embarrassingly low weight)

So do I do kettle swings, press, squats Tues, Thurs, sat?

I also have a step box, resistance bands and a TRX that have finally become useful after all these years....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Maximus Decimus said:

You've all inspired me. My test was 11, but I've decided to start at 6-10. 11-20 seemed way too hard. 

Week 1 Day 1: 6, 6, 4, 4, 7

Welcome aboard!

11 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Seen kettlebells available to pre order for the 24th May.  Best I have found yet!

I have an 8kg and 12kg but want a 16kg really.  Thinking I should use the 12 for a month then when the 16 arrives I'll be ready to step up.

Trying to work out which days to do things.

Mon, Wed and Sat are currently press up and bench press (3x10 of a embarrassingly low weight)

So do I do kettle swings, press, squats Tues, Thurs, sat?

I also have a step box, resistance bands and a TRX that have finally become useful after all these years....

Google Pavel's ETK plan. Do that. Trust me.

Get a 16. 12s are for women ?

• Like 1

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ben-dyas

I'm actually feeling fitter because of Lockdown. I'm getting out and doing a two mile walk every day. Weight isn't going down because of the garbage I eat, but it's nice to be out on the seafront. Home, to pier, to Marina Tavern, and home. Weather is good. Might not do it next week when the next storm is due......

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MattSantos said:

Get a 16. 12s are for women ?

I know 12s are for women.... I'm weak!

10 hours ago, MattSantos said:

OK he seems quite nuts!  Comrade.  

I did 12kg x 10 x 5 just to get into it.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

I know 12s are for women.... I'm weak!

It was said in jest, but theres a element of truth; you need a 16. 

Work on swings and TGUs, everything else will follow, but if you don't have the capacity & technique to swing a 16 well, then i wouldn't work on doing much else as it'd be counter productive.

Grease the groove comrade.

Also, check out Dan John for some good kettlebell literature

• Like 1

Running the Rob Burrow marathon to raise money for the My Name'5 Doddie foundation:

34 minutes ago, MattSantos said:

It was said in jest, but theres a element of truth; you need a 16. 

Work on swings and TGUs, everything else will follow, but if you don't have the capacity & technique to swing a 16 well, then i wouldn't work on doing much else as it'd be counter productive.

Grease the groove comrade.

Also, check out Dan John for some good kettlebell literature

I did swings with the 12 and they were ok, by the time the 16 arrives, I’ll be fine.  I could probably use it now without any issues tbh. Unfortunately there are zero kettlebells for sale within Europe!  Unless you want a 4 or 40+.

Turkish Get Ups look harder than the swings for me, mobility is lacking.  But I suppose that’s the reason to do them!

7 hours ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

I did swings with the 12 and they were ok, by the time the 16 arrives, I’ll be fine.  I could probably use it now without any issues tbh. Unfortunately there are zero kettlebells for sale within Europe!  Unless you want a 4 or 40+.

Turkish Get Ups look harder than the swings for me, mobility is lacking.  But I suppose that’s the reason to do them!

30 mins of BW get ups is a great workout.

I still have 5000 swings to do in 9 days and i had to work through me dinner. Will try and do 500 tonight. 

I have had a good break.

The test results came through this morning and confirmed as negative for covid, but have a slight virus. So, I did yin yoga video and the sally up sally down: 2:03. Probably helped by the rest.

• Like 1

Pushups week 5 day 2: 19, 22, 22, 18, 18, 22, 45+ (47 actual)

Walking around feeling as if I look like a feckin gibbon. ?  Certainly helps with weight loss when you can't lift anything to your mouth though.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, CanaBull said:

Pushups week 5 day 2: 19, 22, 22, 18, 18, 22, 45+ (47 actual)

Walking around feeling as if I look like a feckin gibbon. ?  Certainly helps with weight loss when you can't lift anything to your mouth though.

Probably is good to make sure there is some leg stuff and core in there too!

Congratulations on the progress. I will hopefully be back at it tomorrow.