2-3 Mar: The Betfred League 1 Match Thread

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Skolars are a 40 minute team. If you looked at their half time scores, you’d have a top 5/6 club on your hands. They simply cannot sustain their performance over 60 minutes to see a game off, let alone 80. 

Agree. Last 2-3 seasons we play in patches. Bazaar. Doesn’t matter who’s in the squad; this keeps happening. My only theory is that we’ve suffered since Dave Williams retirement as captain. No one holding things together on the pitch. 

Can see Coleman getting the sack pretty soon if this continues. Looking at their results (and half time scores) over the past eighteen months, if this form continues, he’s gone pretty soon, especially since the Toronto investment. 

Question is, who’s the replacement? Depends on the ambitions of David Argyle, I imagine. 

4 minutes ago, Oliver Clothesoff said:

Can see Coleman getting the sack pretty soon if this continues. Looking at their results (and half time scores) over the past eighteen months, if this form continues, he’s gone pretty soon, especially since the Toronto investment. 

Question is, who’s the replacement? Depends on the ambitions of David Argyle, I imagine. 

I hate to say it but I agree. This has been going on too long. Long term fans are very disgruntled. 

In fairness to London they were up against a side with a lot of Super League and Championship experience.

I would think fitness played a part.

Don't tell Parky,but there was a lot of M62 players in the Thunder side - without much trace of a Geordie accent.

The academy product went to the university and his community club was Stanley Rangers.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

10 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

In fairness to London they were up against a side with a lot of Super League and Championship experience.

Don't tell Parky,but there was a lot of M62 players in the Thunder side - without much trace of a Geordie accent.

The academy product went to the university and his community club was Stanley Rangers.

True but Coventry won against them. I wouldn’t mind if it was a one off but it’s a trend. We don’t play for 80mins. 

1 hour ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Sorry our academy boys have been playing in the Super League U19’s today 

301A513C-AD80-4D96-8BCB-3A013C16BCC2.jpeg

I have said on this forum for 2 years we are not fit and lazy and this was another true reflection today. I said last we were poor and struggled to beat west wales who won’t win a game all season and then today we get hammered by a team that hasn’t won a game . My fellow Skolars fans wanted to question my comments during the week ?

Coleman won’t see May. 

Coleman won’t see May. 

Maybe not but he won’t have  Super League DR players available like Thunder today. Only those not required from Broncos who are let’s be fair a Championship standard as a starting 13. Those DR players are also young and have  little experience unlike the opposition they are likely to meet this season when it comes to dual reg. 

4 minutes ago, Spicer said:

Maybe not but he won’t have  Super League DR players available like Thunder today. Only those not required from Broncos who are let’s be fair a Championship standard as a starting 13. Those DR players are also young and have  little experience unlike the opposition they are likely to meet this season when it comes to dual reg. 

He had at least four today (two London Broncos and two Wigan). 

Just now, Londonfan said:

I can’t take it much longer watching Skolars. We’ve had plenty of duel reg from Broncos and Wigan in the past and it hasn’t made any difference to our results

What was the crowd today, Londonfan? 

20 minutes ago, Spicer said:

Already dealt with the Broncos scenario.The Wigan lads are so good they are playing third tier. 

Broncos winger was very good in the first half (he went off injured on half time), the Wigan half was good too in the first half. The Wigan centre put in the worst performance I’ve ever seen at a “professional” level and I have no idea what number the other Broncos player was because he was so anonymous. 

The lad who was injured just on the 40. I’m told by Broncos fans today is a real speedster. Also told the  player you mention is Meadows who played at 7. Scored a decent try under the sticks as I recall .

18 minutes ago, Spicer said:

The lad who was injured just on the 40. I’m told by Broncos fans today is a real speedster. Also told the  player you mention is Meadows who played at 7. Scored a decent try under the sticks as I recall .

Boafa was the winger, looked impressive in attack and defence and was put in some space on HT, when he pulled up lame. Meadows was good in the first half and was totally anonymous in the second. The Wigan centre was abysmally poor and I have no idea who the other Broncos player was, as whoever it was, was totally anonymous. 

Archived